Fwd: [Board] Minneapolis Community Sprint 2019

Fwd: [Board] Minneapolis Community Sprint 2019

blammo
Hi All,

First, not sure if I should push this to the User list . . . thoughts?

Some work has gone on behind the scenes with regard to the OSGeo 2019 Community (Code) Sprint.  See here for details:

This was recently ratfied by the OSGeo Board, so now running out a message to you all.  Check the Participants list and add yourself where appropriate.

bobb

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Lime, Steve D (MNIT)" <[hidden email]>
Subject: [Board] Minneapolis Community Sprint 2019
Date: November 16, 2018 at 1:14:30 PM CST

Hi all: We’ve been doing some serious planning around hosting a community/code sprint in Minneapolis next spring and things look like they will come together nicely – I’m asking for OSGeo’s support for the event. We have formed a local committee consisting of members of the Twin Cities MapServer User Group (the local OSGeo chapter), the University of Minnesota U Spatial organization and SharedGeo – a local non-profit. A sprint page is taking shape here:

At a glance:

  When: May 14-17 (4 days)
  Where: Minneapolis, MN – University of Minnesota (Wilson Research Collaboration Studio)
  Anticipated attendance: 50+
  Projects: we expect a wide variety of projects to be represented - folks from MapServer, the LiDAR community, GeoMoose and PostGIS have already committed to attend.

Have secured event space and have already began reaching out to sponsors – with success. We are working on preliminary budget that will be posted at the link above. The space is being made available at no charge thanks to our partnership with U Spatial so sponsorship dollars will go largely towards daily meals and ice breaker events for the attendees.

Thanks for your consideration… Best regards!

--Steve

"If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?"
- Abraham Lincoln