Fwd: ApacheCon geospatial track, Sept 9th.

Fwd: ApacheCon geospatial track, Sept 9th.

Tom Kralidis
(Sorry for cross posting)

Hi all: per below from George/OGC. Feel free to contact George if you are interested I presenting at ApacheCon in September.

Cheers

..Tom

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: George Percivall <[hidden email]>
Date: May 20, 2019 at 11:52:09 EDT
To: Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]>
Subject: ApacheCon geospatial track, Sept 9th.

Tom,

We have an open slot for the ApacheCon NA 2019  Geospatial Track.
The call for presentations has closed.
We have great proposals including: Lucene/Elastic, GeoSpark, Flink/H3

I believe several OsGeo projects build on Apache projects.
Would OSGeo be interested in making a presentation at  how you are using Apache projects?
I am contacting a couple organizations - first come, first serve.

ApacheConNA will be September 9-13, 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
The Geospatial Track is Monday Sept 9th.

Regards,
George

ApacheConNA 2019 Geospatial Track:
- September 9th, 2019, Las Vegas

Multiple Apache projects include geospatial information and processing.  The Geospatial Track at ApacheCon is an opportunity to discuss geospatial information implementations in Apache projects.   The track will consider a range of geospatial implementations ranging from location as an attribute, to projects which perform spatial analytics including handling of coordinate reference systems (CRSs), geometries and arrays. Emphasis is invited on the use of open standards including the recently updated CRS Well Known Text, version 2 from the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC).  The geospatial track will foster discussions leading to reduced development effort through reuse and increased quality of geospatial information handling.  Discussions about this track are invited on [hidden email]