Fusion in an iFrame - Move legend into outside div.

Fusion in an iFrame - Move legend into outside div.

Flipper
I'm guessing It can't be Done, but it is worth asking.
I would like to build a generic wrapper around Fusion..and Place a fusion Application in an iFrame..like so
          <iframe width=800px height=800px id="FUSIONFRAME" name="FUSEFRAME" src="http://localhost/mapguide/fusion/templates/mapguide/slate/index.html?ApplicationDefinition=Library://SilverGIS/TEST.ApplicationDefinition&locale=en"></iframe>

I would like to be able to move the legend control to the external div called Legend..Basically I have an external App already written, and Don't want to merge it into the taskpane, but instead migrate the legend into the existing App.
I can reach the div from within the iframe using top.parent.document.getElementById("Legend"), but I see absolutely know way to use jxlib or fusion to register the legend panel/widget to that location.

Is this a hopeless task, or has somebody out there done this, or have some ideas?