Fusion Measure Reverts to Metric

GordonL
Hi All,
MGOS 2.5 and AIMS 2014 - Fusion

for measure tools, my view options is originally set to Feet.

Once I start the Measure Command, the Imperial Flips to Metric (Current Map is in Spherical Mercator).

I have to cancel the measure command.  Go back to View Options choose Imperial again, and sometimes this works and sometimes it reverts to meters.

Tweaked a few thinks in the Fusion and Measure widgets but it is a weird behavior.  Is there a way to force the measure tools to use Feet rather than reverting when the command starts - it happens once the user starts to draw...

Gordon

Re: Fusion Measure Reverts to Metric

elliott17
Gordon,

Were you able to get the measure widget in AIMS to report measurements in feet and not miles?

Re: Fusion Measure Reverts to Metric

GordonL
This still crops up when using Redline or Search widget in Fusion.  Even though the Measure widget it set to:

 <Extension>
    <Units>Feet</Units>
    <DistancePrecision>6</DistancePrecision>
    <AreaPrecision>6</AreaPrecision>
    <Type>Distance</Type>

The Feet revert to Metric (because the map is in Spherical Mercator).  The user then has to use the Units to set to Imperial (and then they have to deal with Miles only...)

Gordon

Re: Fusion Measure Reverts to Metric

Jackie Ng
This is fixed in Fusion for MGOS 3.1 Beta 1 and will also be available in Fusion for the next 2.6.x and 3.0.x releases of MapGuide when I make them available.

- Jackie

Re: Fusion Measure Reverts to Metric

GordonL
That is great!  The feet issue still rears its head.

Re: Fusion Measure Reverts to Metric

Jackie Ng
Could you create/re-open whatever related ticket and update issue against what's happening with Fusion in MGOS 3.1 Beta 1? Thanks.

- Jackie

Re: Fusion Measure Reverts to Metric

GordonL
Beta 1 of 3.1 works great.  Love that there is a full list of units in the Measure Widget now.