Fusion Error - MGOS 3.1.2

MHerel
Hello,

We are experiencing fusion errors randomly in MGOS 3.1.2

The unfortunate part is that there is very little information to go on at
this point. The errors are as follows:

Example 1:

Error Details:
Script error.

Stack Trace:
 - ? at  (line: 0)

Source:
( url that launches the map using the new index.php format)

Example 2:

Error Details:
SystemError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON
data

Stack Trace:
 - ? at http://.../mapguide/fusion/lib/fusionSF-compressed.js (line: 34)

I know this is not much to go on but I thought we should put it out there in
case others may be seeing similar issues.

Any thoughts on this one would be appreciated.

 Thanks,
  Mike

Re: Fusion Error - MGOS 3.1.2

GordonL
Hi Mike, I have seen something like that when you hide the Overview Map
before its loaded.
For example, if you modify the template for for AQUA and hide the Overview
Map:

 //dOverviewMap.open(); (comment out the Open method)

This causes some issues.  You would be better to use the load event to check
first and then hide it after the fact..

Re: Fusion Error - MGOS 3.1.2

MHerel
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the feedback. We are indeed hiding the overview map. I will check
how I did it and try your method.

I got another clue when this issue popped up again today. I attempted to
open the site with Maestro and got an error that it couldn't create a
session or something similar. Using that info I found another post of yours
about updating the serverconfig.ini to bump up the max sessions. Another
option to try.

Thanks again. Your expertise is always appreciated.

Cheers,

  Mike

Re: Fusion Error - MGOS 3.1.2

MHerel
Hi Gordon,

Back in the MapGuide 6.5 days Autodesk had a good whitepaper on tuning and
sizing a MapGuide server.

Is there anything around that could help us to figure out what settings to
change and to what based on our increasing user load?  The help
documentation is good to a point but some settings aren't clear to me. The
wiki for serverconfig.ini is a bit more helpful but is referencing version
2.1 (should still be mostly relevant?).

Thanks in advance

Re: Fusion Error - MGOS 3.1.2

GordonL

Re: Fusion Error - MGOS 3.1.2

MHerel
Thanks Gordon,

Every bit helps.

On the initial Fusion error post, I think we have narrowed it down to the
SessionRepositoriesLimit setting in the serverconfig.ini as noted in one of
your older posts. We probably won't know for sure until we hit peak usage
probably next week but I feel pretty confident after testing locally.

Thanks,

   Mike