Functional Testing with Selenium

geekdenz
Hi,

Is there a way to test web applications with Selenium and OpenLayers 2 (and maybe 3)?

I'm asking because I have setup Selenium Webdriver with Cucumber and would like to test the mapping part of the application(s). Everything works nicely. I can fill out forms, click on elements etc.

However, zooming and panning a map OpenLayers object is different. I cannot even figure out how to emit an event that would trigger a feature information in our application. However, I found it difficult to find out how to do just that. With Selenium and Webdriver one can execute JavaScript within a web browser context. It is basically a remote control for a web browser that actually starts up when the tests run. So, if you know some JS that emits the right events that would be a great help already.

Thanks in advance,
Tim

Tim-Hinnerk Heuer

Twitter: @geekdenz