Friday black for Climate

Brian M Hamlin
Hi SAC, OSGeo Board Members, stakeholders -

Green marketers are backing a "climate strike" on Friday, 20sep19, which
includes many public-facing actions, symbolic or otherwise.

One marketer is writing "many websites will go dark for the
climate-strike"   (TriplePundit)

I suggest that we put a one-day "black banner" on some sites here  -- it
is political, but I feel that the actual air, dirt and water that all
life depends on, transcends politics.

   a quick poll shows that there is Board support for this, no downside,
so let's do it.

   best regards from Berkeley, California    --Brian

Re: Friday black for Climate

Alex Mandel-2
On 9/18/19 15:32, Brian M Hamlin wrote:

> Hi SAC, OSGeo Board Members, stakeholders -
>
> Green marketers are backing a "climate strike" on Friday, 20sep19, which
> includes many public-facing actions, symbolic or otherwise.
>
> One marketer is writing "many websites will go dark for the
> climate-strike"   (TriplePundit)
>
> I suggest that we put a one-day "black banner" on some sites here  -- it
> is political, but I feel that the actual air, dirt and water that all
> life depends on, transcends politics.
>
>   a quick poll shows that there is Board support for this, no downside,
> so let's do it.
>
>   best regards from Berkeley, California    --Brian

If the board officially votes for this and we have sufficient personnel
to implement that is all that is required.

Thanks,
Alex