Freehand editing

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Freehand editing

David Baroncelli
Hi,
I learned by the developer Pavol Kapusta that the plugin "Freehand editing" will no longer be developed and maintained.

I think this is very important for Qgis plugin and you need to keep it even if you do not integrate into the program as a direct function. I am not able to maintain it nor to implement it but I can learn or help those who can and want to do.
Who can help me?

_______________________________________________
Qgis-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Freehand editing - Adopting a plugin

Alex Mandel-2
On 03/24/2013 12:39 PM, David Baroncelli wrote:
> Hi,
> I learned by the developer Pavol Kapusta that the plugin "Freehand editing" will no longer be developed and maintained.
> I think this is very important for Qgis plugin and you need to keep it even if you do not integrate into the program as a direct function. I am not able to maintain it nor to implement it but I can learn or help those who can and want to do.
> Who can help me?
>    
>

As long as the code gets put into http://hub.qgis.org/projects it can
easily be adopted by other developers.

Since the author has expressed willingness to let others adopt it, we
will grant publish permissions on plugins.qgis.org to other developers
who ask.

Thanks,
Alex

_______________________________________________
Qgis-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Freehand editing - Adopting a plugin

vinayan
If nobody has taken it up yet, I am ready to maintain and migrate this to official repository
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Freehand editing - Adopting a plugin

pcav
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Il 28/03/2013 11:59, vinayan ha scritto:
> If nobody has taken it up yet, I am ready to maintain and migrate this to
> official repository

great, thanks.
all the best.
- --
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu
Full contact details at www.faunalia.eu/pc
Nuovi corsi QGIS e PostGIS: http://www.faunalia.it/calendario
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iEYEARECAAYFAlFUIsQACgkQ/NedwLUzIr77DACdHjppotNLFwLUEmc+0cLlUzAD
Pp4Anio3mBIKRc+Y0cnBZfk4oyPQi8AW
=akGk
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________
Qgis-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Freehand editing - Adopting a plugin

vinayan
moved to official repo..it is available from the plugin installer now
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Freehand editing - Adopting a plugin

Stefano Campus
hi, after installation, i don't see the plugin in any menu or toolbar, even if it's activated in "manage plugin" menu
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Freehand editing - Adopting a plugin

pcav
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Il 08/04/2013 18:00, skampus ha scritto:
> hi, after installation, i don't see the plugin in any menu or
> toolbar, even if it's activated in "manage plugin" menu

it should be in the editing bar, but requires restart of QGIS.
all the best.

- --
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu
Full contact details at www.faunalia.eu/pc
Nuovi corsi QGIS e PostGIS: http://www.faunalia.it/calendario
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iEYEARECAAYFAlFi6qIACgkQ/NedwLUzIr7BQgCgr5F6kzXTQGkIoOzXKllI7c1n
+oQAn2lJHpthGTbczxfcxsPgJvm6ADrU
=CDTT
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________
Qgis-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Freehand editing - Adopting a plugin

alper78
Hi,
I'm new in this forum and in developing plugins. In the last days I have modified the “Freehand Editing”: with my changes a feature (line or polygon) is finished with a right-click of mouse/pen while the release of mouse/pen don't stop the digitizing so that the user can add other points to the feature.
If you are interested the plugin for Microsoft Windows  is here: http://www.webalice.it/alper78/qgis/pyplgn/freehandmodified/freehandModified.zip
but I tested it only on my laptop-tablet (HP TouchSmart tm2) with Windows 7.

Alessandro Perego
http://www.webalice.it/alper78/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Freehand editing - Adopting a plugin

pcav
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Il 12/04/2013 10:31, alper78 ha scritto:

> I'm new in this forum and in developing plugins. In the last days I
> have modified the “Freehand Editing”: with my changes a feature
> (line or polygon) is finished with a right-click of mouse/pen while
> the release of mouse/pen don't stop the digitizing so that the user
> can add other points to the feature.

Thanks Alessandro.
Could you please contact the author to check if you can merge your
changes? Duplicating the code is not the optimal solution.
All the best.

- --
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu
Full contact details at www.faunalia.eu/pc
Nuovi corsi QGIS e PostGIS: http://www.faunalia.it/calendario
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iEYEARECAAYFAlFnyDoACgkQ/NedwLUzIr4xsACdHqHilarST9j3Ovggc+1F0U15
CRQAnjIZ3UD1ss5RP+SFeC++T7ldviCM
=zHKe
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________
Qgis-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Freehand editing - Adopting a plugin

bjorn.burr.nyberg@gmail.com
I would love to see the freehand editing plugin enable topological editing/snapping options. I would do it myself but I fear that my python skills are not up to par...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Freehand editing - Adopting a plugin

pcav
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Il 22/07/2013 07:32, [hidden email] ha scritto:
> I would love to see the freehand editing plugin enable topological
> editing/snapping options. I would do it myself but I fear that my python
> skills are not up to par...

Please consider sponsoring the effort - it shouldn't be a lot of work.
All the best.

- --
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu
Full contact details at www.faunalia.eu/pc
Nuovi corsi QGIS e PostGIS: http://www.faunalia.it/calendario
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Icedove - http://www.enigmail.net/

iEYEARECAAYFAlHsxOgACgkQ/NedwLUzIr6ZnACcDmnNtUKlTBO3fVKZX4nho6Wa
ETwAoLeai8D7voMgkrGHnkYNlj0PezcE
=XWM0
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________
Qgis-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user