FreeCAD integration with/within QGIS

M-Rick
I posted a feature request on the QGIS Application forum, it has been told me to post it there which was more appropriate.
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/13581

FreeCAD is Python 2D/3D CAD package with parametric functions.
http://www.freecadweb.org/

It can also be used in console mode only and controlled by the command line.
http://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/index.php?title=Start_up_and_Configuration

FreeCAD can be run as a simple Python module.

Do you think QGIS could interfer through a plugin and/or scripts to get advanced CAD features from FreeCAD?

FreeCAD could be used for 3D design as well. For example, I want to get a building and then georeference it inside QGIS is the way of SketchUp does.
So FreeCAD could be used to get 3D design inside QGIS.

And maybe it could bring features to create an AutoCAD Map and/or AutoCAD Civil like bundle(s).
It could also bring more simple features of what RhinoCity/RhinoTerrain do with Rhino 3D and GIS.
http://www.rhinoterrain.com/en/home.html#.VhxN969e_MU

Just a set of ideas I wanted to share since I’m using both of them and like both of them. It could give a great open and powerful 3D GIS package.

Re: FreeCAD integration with/within QGIS

M-Rick
Update

FreeCAD: Civil Engineering Design functions
http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6973

The message I posted to the FreeCAD forum following the Paolo Cavallini's advice.
http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12803

I got a personal message as well about QAD, but it is more a LibreCAD at this stage and doesn't have the features of FreeCAD, but it is very good to replace the existing actual CAD tools available for QGIS.

Re: FreeCAD integration with/within QGIS

pcav
Il 14/10/2015 00:01, M-Rick ha scritto:

> FreeCAD: Civil Engineering Design functions
> http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6973
>
> The message I posted to the FreeCAD forum following the Paolo Cavallini's
> advice.
> http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12803

Hi,
I think it may be a nice idea. Anyone interested in doing at least an
exploratory attempt at seeing its feasibility?
All the best, and thanks for the suggestion.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu