Free text in schema-ident

Jo Cook
Hi All,

I'd like to change the way that I handle identification of records in
the Gemini 2.3 schema when they are imported into Geonetwork. The
MetadataStandardName is now included in a Registry, so the way that it
should be included in a record is as follows:

<gmd:metadataStandardName>
                <gmx:Anchor
xlink="http://vocab.nerc.ac.uk/collection/M25/current/GEMINI/">UK
GEMINI</gmx:Anchor>
 </gmd:metadataStandardName>

Ideally I would like schema-ident.xml to look just for the xlink part
of gmx:Anchor and allow anything in the text part. In other words

<gmd:metadataStandardName>
                <gmx:Anchor
xlink="http://vocab.nerc.ac.uk/collection/M25/current/GEMINI/">FOO</gmx:Anchor>
  </gmd:metadataStandardName>

Should also be accepted.

I tried with the following in schema-ident.xml:

<gmd:metadataStandardName>
                <gmx:Anchor
xlink="http://vocab.nerc.ac.uk/collection/M25/current/GEMINI/"/>
 </gmd:metadataStandardName>

But records are not recognised as Gemini 2.3 at all.

Ideally I would also want records that have a characterString that
matches the name rather than an anchor to be correctly identified, eg

<gmd:metadataStandardName>
                <gco:CharacterString>UK GEMINI</gco:CharacterString>
 </gmd:metadataStandardName>

 Is what I am trying to do possible in schema-ident.xml or will I just
have to ensure that all records have the full anchor and name when
they are imported? I know I could set the default schema for the
catalog to be Gemini 2.3 but I'd rather not unless that's my only
option.

Thanks

Jo

--
Jo Cook
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek

products, conferences, events and training*
*
*

Astun Technology Ltd,
Epsom Square Centre, 6-7 The Derby Square, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8AG, UK

t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com <http://astuntechnology.com/
twitter:@astuntech <https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise
geographic intelligence platform <https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>

GeoServer, PostGIS and QGIS training
<https://astuntechnology.com/training-courses/>
Helpdesk and customer
portal
<https://astuntech.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ISHAREHELP/pages/364970043/Astun+Technology+Support+Portal>

864201149.

Re: Free text in schema-ident

Jose Garcia
Hi Jo

I tried with this:

<gmd:metadataStandardName>
   <gmx:Anchor xlink:href="http://vocab.nerc.ac.uk/collection/M25/current/GEMINI/">.*</gmx:Anchor>
</gmd:metadataStandardName>

The value is matched against a regular expression and it's accepted, but there're some drawbacks as the current mechanism doesn't distinguish the child of gmd:metadataStandardName, just takes the text content of gmd:metadataStandardName and also the attributes are not used, that means these cases will also be accepted as GEMINI 2.3 metadata:

<gmd:metadataStandardName>
   <gmx:Anchor xlink:href="http://OTHERURL">UK GEMINI</gmx:Anchor>
</gmd:metadataStandardName>

<gmd:metadataStandardName>
   <gco:CharacterString>NONVALIDVALUE</gco:CharacterString>
</gmd:metadataStandardName>

Regards,
Jose García

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 11:24 AM Jo Cook <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,

Jose García

Veenderweg 13
6721 WD Bennekom
The Netherlands
T: <a href="tel:+31318416664" style="font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif" target="_blank">+31 (0)318 416664

Re: Free text in schema-ident

Jo Cook
Hi Jose,

Thanks, I think I'll go back to insisting that people use both the correct anchor xlink and the correct text too!

Jo

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 2:17 PM Jose Garcia <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com twitter:@astuntech

Company registration no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 120 Manor Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no. 864201149.