Free course about Geographic Information Systems applied to Municipality Management

Free course about Geographic Information Systems applied to Municipality Management

Mario Carrera-3

Hi all,

we have launched a free course about Geographic Information Systems applied to Municipality Management through several video-tutorials.

At this post you can see the list of topics and the first module, that is available already in [1]

At the next weeks we will publish the other modules, that we will include at this playlist: [2]

The first two modules are theoretical, about differences between GIS and CAD, and reference systems, very important to understand the rest of the course. From the third one, the modules will be practical, and the cartography will be available for each video.

In addition, when the course is finishing it will be possible to get the official certificate given by the gvSIG Association, where it will be obligatory to send a complete exercise.

All the information about registration, dates, certification, where to send doubts... is available at the frequent questions section of the first post [1].

We hope that it's useful for you.

Best regards,
    Mario

[1] https://blog.gvsig.org/2017/12/04/free-course-about-geographic-information-systems-applied-to-municipality-management-list-of-topics-and-1st-module-differences-between-sig-and-cad/
[2] https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdoUYGiBhEtUr-APrUkncNVpLtjbfe5OX

--

Mario Carrera

Training, Language and Communication Manager. gvSIG Association

Responsable de Formación, Internacionalización y Difusión. Asociación gvSIG

http://www.gvsig.com

Re: Free course about Geographic Information Systems applied to Municipality Management

dirkf
Mario,

This initiative looks great!
I will certainly take a more closer look at it.

I am currently involved in a Erasmus+ Programme European Project about
Case bases learning [1].

Together with the University of Leuven (KUL [2]), I am also involved in
*cocreating* some free courses for implementing GIS based solutions for
eGovernment. One about "INSPIRE Advanced" which explains how INSPIRE can
be implemented and used withine Government processes, and one about how
to implement the "Agile" methodology in your project team to improve the
success rate of eGovernment projects.

I will distribute your course material into the GiCases Project
communication and keep you informed about other relevant modules that
can be used to improve 'OSGeo-Capacity' building, and as I think they
can be usefull in the context of this project.

All the best,
Dirk

[1] http://www.gicases.eu/the-project/
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KU_Leuven

On 05-12-17 12:10, Mario Carrera wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> we have launched a free course about Geographic Information Systems
> applied to Municipality Management through several video-tutorials.
>
> At this post you can see the list of topics and the first module, that
> is available already in [1]
>
> At the next weeks we will publish the other modules, that we will
> include at this playlist: [2]
>
> The first two modules are theoretical, about differences between GIS and
> CAD, and reference systems, very important to understand the rest of the
> course. From the third one, the modules will be practical, and the
> cartography will be available for each video.
>
> In addition, when the course is finishing it will be possible to get the
> official certificate given by the gvSIG Association, where it will be
> obligatory to send a complete exercise.
>
> All the information about registration, dates, certification, where to
> send doubts... is available at the frequent questions section of the
> first post [1].
>
> We hope that it's useful for you.
>
> Best regards,
>     Mario
>
> [1]
> https://blog.gvsig.org/2017/12/04/free-course-about-geographic-information-systems-applied-to-municipality-management-list-of-topics-and-1st-module-differences-between-sig-and-cad/
>
> [2]
> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdoUYGiBhEtUr-APrUkncNVpLtjbfe5OX
>

> --
>
> *Mario Carrera*
>
> Training, Language and Communication Manager. gvSIG Association
>
> Responsable de Formación, Internacionalización y Difusión. Asociación gvSIG
>
> http://www.gvsig.com <http://www.gvsig.com/>

Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO @geosparc

Geosparc n.v.
Brugsesteenweg 587
B-9030 Ghent
Tel: +32 9 236 60 18
GSM: +32 495 508 799

http://www.geomajas.org
http://www.geosparc.com

@DFrigne
be.linkedin.com/in/frigne

Re: Free course about Geographic Information Systems applied to Municipality Management

Mario Carrera-3

Thank you Dirk! That's good news. We think that it will be very useful for them.

We plan to publish one video per week during December excepting the last week, and then two videos per week.

And the course is extendable, if there's a new feature that we consider important to add we would record a new video.

Let us know about other relevant modules that you consider and we study them.

Best regards,
   Mario

El 06/12/17 a las 15:12, Dirk Frigne escribió:
[...]

Great!

The more reuse we can promote, the better.
When using the courses in a educational environment, it would be good to
evaluate the material and leave suggestions for improvement.
The Idea of GiCases is also the idea of *collaborative learning* and
*collaborative creation*. Values which are already tested and used in an
(open source) community context.

Looking forward to your material,
all the best,
Dirk.