Fredericton's First OSM "Mappy" Hour

Connors, Bernie (SNB)

I can’t wait to find out how many OSM’ers will come to the first meeting:

http://www.meetup.com/fredosm/events/16347497/

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

7:00 PM

The Garrison District Ale House

426 Queen Street Fredericton, NB

--

Bernie Connors

New Maryland, NB

Re: Fredericton's First OSM "Mappy" Hour

jmckenna
Administrator
On 11-01-28 4:29 PM, Connors, Bernie (SNB) wrote:
> I can’t wait to find out how many OSM’ers will come to the first meeting:
>
> http://www.meetup.com/fredosm/events/16347497/

Great, should we wrap an OSGeo chapter meeting around this event too??

-jeff

Re: Fredericton's First OSM "Mappy" Hour

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi Bernie,

Just as a background, I just want to explain a little how the Ottawa
local chapter works: they are a small group (yes as small as us) that
meets once a month in a pub to chat about Open Source Geospatial.
That's it.  Sometimes a presentation occurs, most times it's just a way
to get together and have a beer and talk about our industry.  I loved
it.  No pressure to plan a big event.

I think the Atlantic Chapter is trying to make larger plans for the
meetings, ok, but I'd rather just announce that we are going to meet,
and then see how involved the gathering needs to be.

For example, our local chapter could just meet after the OSM meeting.
We could even announce that it will be a joint meeting.

What are everyone's thoughts?

-jeff

On 11-01-28 4:32 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> On 11-01-28 4:29 PM, Connors, Bernie (SNB) wrote:
>> I can’t wait to find out how many OSM’ers will come to the first meeting:
>>
>> http://www.meetup.com/fredosm/events/16347497/
>
> Great, should we wrap an OSGeo chapter meeting around this event too??

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

Re: Fredericton's First OSM "Mappy" Hour

Timothy Astle
I'm fine with that.  I've already signed up for the OSM one, so another meet and greet would be just par for the course.  :-)

On 31/01/2011 9:41 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
Hi Bernie,

Just as a background, I just want to explain a little how the Ottawa local chapter works: they are a small group (yes as small as us) that meets once a month in a pub to chat about Open Source Geospatial. That's it.  Sometimes a presentation occurs, most times it's just a way to get together and have a beer and talk about our industry.  I loved it.  No pressure to plan a big event.

I think the Atlantic Chapter is trying to make larger plans for the meetings, ok, but I'd rather just announce that we are going to meet, and then see how involved the gathering needs to be.

For example, our local chapter could just meet after the OSM meeting. We could even announce that it will be a joint meeting.

What are everyone's thoughts?

-jeff

On 11-01-28 4:38 PM, Connors, Bernie (SNB) wrote:
> What did you have in mind?

On 11-01-28 4:32 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
On 11-01-28 4:29 PM, Connors, Bernie (SNB) wrote:
I can’t wait to find out how many OSM’ers will come to the first meeting:

http://www.meetup.com/fredosm/events/16347497/

Great, should we wrap an OSGeo chapter meeting around this event too??

--
Timothy Astle, BCS
Web Development Manager

Connect with CARIS
Twitter LinkedIn FaceBook YouTube

Download your free copy of CARIS Easy View today!
www.caris.com/easyview

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended only for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please notify us by email reply. You should not use, disclose, distribute or copy this communication if received in error.

Any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. No binding contract will result from this email until such time as a written document is signed on behalf of the company.