Forcing a particular xsl to be used when importing metadata

Forcing a particular xsl to be used when importing metadata

Jo Cook
Hi List,

Is it possible to force a particular xsl transformation to be used when
records are imported into geonetwork (3.0.x or 3.2.x)? I know people can
choose from the dropdown list but people are often not selecting an option
here. What I would like is to have my custom transformation selected as the
default so that if they take no action, that is what is used.

Thanks

Jo
--
*Jo Cook*
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek

Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18
7RL, UK
t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com twitter:@astuntech
<https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise geographic intelligence platform
<https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>
GeoServer, PostGIS and QGIS training
<https://astuntechnology.com/services/#training>
Helpdesk and customer portal
<http://support.astuntechnology.com/support/login>

864201149.

Re: Forcing a particular xsl to be used when importing metadata

Jose Garcia
Hi Jo

I guess can be done, but requires development, not something out of the
box.

An option would be to change a bit the import form so don't show the list
of xslt if that is not really used by users and replace it with a hidden
field containing the xslt process value you want to execute, that way will
use always the xslt required.

The other option is to extend the Java code, but probably previous one can
work for your requirements and it's much easy to implement. The
disadvantage is that is a custom change that need to keep in upgrades.

Regards,
Jose García

<https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>