Fix for NULL geomtry in shp->sdf load

Edward Zimmerman
Problems Loading Data

I did a further investigation of the problem Andy describes below when attempting to load a particular Shape file. It turns out that our shp->sdf conversion code was failing to insert a feature from the source shp file into the destination sdf file whenever the geometry property of the source feature is NULL.

The relevant Studio code has been fixed, and a patched dll has been posted at https://mapguide.osgeo.org/files/documents/12/40/Autodesk.MapGuide.Studio.Fdo.zip. To apply this patched dll to your current Studio Preview installation, unzip this dll, overwriting the existing one (ex: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MapGuideStudioPreview\Autodesk.MapGuide.Studio.Fdo.dll)

Ed

I am having a problem loading a particular Shape file onto the server.  It loads fine if I do not have Convert to SDF Feature Source checked.  However, due to the very poor performance I am seeing with Shape files, I am finding it necessary to convert everything to SDF at load time.  When I try to execute this load procedure in Studio, I get an error message of: "Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object".  I have tried closing Studio, restarting the MapGuide service, saving it as a package, etc., but nothing helps.  The error pops up almost immediately after pressing the Load Resources button.   This is a point shape file of county ownership information.  The DBF file is about 70 MB.  I can supply this Shape file to Autodesk if needed.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
http://www.SpatialGIS.com

Re: Fix for NULL geomtry in shp->sdf load

James Card
On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 07:53:30 -0800, Edward Zimmerman
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> It turns out that our shp->sdf conversion code was failing to insert a
> feature from the source shp file into the destination sdf file whenever
> the geometry property of the source feature is NULL.
>
> The relevant Studio code has been fixed, and a patched dll has been
> posted at
> <https://mapguide.osgeo.org/files/documents/12/40/Autodesk.MapGuide.Studio.Fdo.zip>
> . To apply this patched dll to your current Studio Preview installation,
> unzip this dll, overwriting the existing one (ex: C:\Program
> Files\Autodesk\MapGuideStudioPreview\Autodesk.MapGuide.Studio.Fdo.dll)

Hurray!  Thank you! I was having exactly the same problem and that fixed
it.

--
James Card
California CAD Solutions, Inc.