First attempt of porting PROJ.4 to Windows CE

First attempt of porting PROJ.4 to Windows CE

Wynand Kruger
Hi Mateusz ,

I have read your comments on porting the PROJ.4 files to Windows CE.  Will you be willing to share your project with us?  This will greatly reduce our development time on this side.

Regards
Wynand
Kreon Technology (Pty) Ltd

--
This message was scanned for viruses by MailScanner and Sophos.

Re: First attempt of porting PROJ.4 to Windows CE

Mateusz Loskot
Wynand Kruger wrote:
> Hi Mateusz ,
>
> I have read your comments on porting the PROJ.4 files to Windows CE.
>  Will you be willing to share your project with us?  This will
> greatly reduce our development time on this side.

Hi Wynand,

I'm very happy there is someone interested in using PROJ.4 on the
Windows CE platform. May be this is a chance to keep it well tested and
up to date ;-)

Here I put small website about the Windows CE port of PROJ.4:

http://mateusz.loskot.net/projects/proj4/

There is small explanation of what is this exactly
+ you can download my working copy with Windows CE related changes
+ eVC++ 4.0 projects/workspace.

Note, that there is also "wcelibcex" project included.
This is my project with missing components of C Library on Windows CE
like time functions, mkdir, rmdir, stat, etc.

The "wcelibcex" is also used in OGR port for Windows CE (see
http://www.gdal.org/wince.html)

I'm going to put "wcelibcex" to the SourceForge.net soon:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/wcelibcex

So, you may ba also interested in this project, it may be helpful in
porting other projects to Windows CE.

I'm looking forward your comments

Best regards
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net

Proj.4 and PHP

Ryan Ollerenshaw
I installed MapServer with proj4 but i am getting the following error:

Warning: [MapServer Error]: loadProjection(): Projection support is not
available. in /usr/local/mapserver/htdocs/simplemap.phtml on line 5

Any help with this would be great:

PHP code:
<?
dl("php_mapscript.so");

$map_file="./usa1.map";
$map1 = ms_newMapObj($map_file); //this is line 5
?>

Mapfile:

MAP
    NAME USA1
    STATUS ON
    SIZE 800 500
    IMAGETYPE PNG
    IMAGECOLOR 240 240 240
    SHAPEPATH "../mars_data/"
    EXTENT -8000000 300000 5000000 1500000
    UNITS METERS

  PROJECTION
        "proj=lcc"
        "lat_1=32"
        "lat_2=44"
        "lat_0=38"
        "lon_0=-100" "x_0=0" "y_0=0"
        "ellps=GRS80" "datum=NAD83"
    END

    WEB
         IMAGEPATH "/tmp/ms_tmp/"
         IMAGEURL "/ms_tmp/"
    END

        LAYER
                NAME "US state boundaries"
                TYPE POLYGON
                STATUS ON
                DATA "statesp020"
                PROJECTION
                        "proj=latlong"
                        "ellps=GRS80"
                        "datum=NAD83"
                END
                CLASS
                        NAME "US states"
                        OUTLINECOLOR 60 60 60
                        COLOR 255 255 0
                        SYMBOL 0
                END
        END
END

Proj.4 and PHP

Ryan Ollerenshaw
When using PHP with mapserver i am getting the following error:

Fatal error: setProjection() available only with PROJ.4 support. in
/usr/local/mapserver/htdocs/simplemap.phtml on line 23

//here is line 23
$map1->setProjection("proj=latlong",MS_TRUE);

I built MapServer using the --with-proj=/usr/local and i can change my
projections in the map file itself but when i try to do it with PHP i get the
above error.  Any help would be great. I am loading php_mapscript.so in my php
file is there another library out there i should be using? i havent seen any
docs saying anything about a proj.4 library.