First Fredericton "Mappy" Hour a success

First Fredericton "Mappy" Hour a success

Connors, Bernie (SNB)

The first FredOSM meetup was a success. We had two experienced OSM users and four beginners at the meeting. The gender split was 2 women and four men. The experienced users shared their knowledge and experience of OSM with the beginners and some demonstrations were shown on the use of the Potlatch 2 map editor and the JOSM map editor.  We hope to see even more people at the next “Mappy” Hour meetup on March 21st – more details here: http://meetu.ps/FXhk.  Please share this info with any friends, family, or colleagues in the Fredericton, NB area.

Thanks,

Bernie.

--

Bernie Connors

New Maryland, NB

Re: First Fredericton "Mappy" Hour a success

jmckenna
Administrator
On 11-02-24 8:59 PM, Connors, Bernie (SNB) wrote:
> The first FredOSM meetup was a success. We had two experienced OSM users
> and four beginners at the meeting. The gender split was 2 women and four
> men. The experienced users shared their knowledge and experience of OSM
> with the beginners and some demonstrations were shown on the use of the
> Potlatch 2 map editor and the JOSM map editor. We hope to see even more
> people at the next “Mappy” Hour meetup on March 21^st – more details
> here: http://meetu.ps/FXhk. Please share this info with any friends,
> family, or colleagues in the Fredericton, NB area.

Congratulations to the OSM gang. This is exactly what I hope the
Atlantic Chapter can do regularly, just give a place to gather and chat
about common interests, for both beginners and experts.

By the way, there is a lot of excitement in both communities this year,
because OSM's State of the Map event and OSGeo's FOSS4G event are back
to back, in Denver this September.

Have a great weekend everyone :)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

REMINDER: Tomorrow is the last day for FOSS5G abstracts

jmckenna
Administrator
Hello everyone in Atlantic Canada!

Tomorrow is the last day to submit a short abstract for a presentation
at the upcoming FOSS4G conference in Denver in September:
http://2011.foss4g.org/abstracts/

If you haven't been to an event, they are really special, a real energy
event unlike no other event that you've ever been to.

We could even submit an abstract on the formation of our chapter (unique
issues we face here, challenges, goals, ideas, working with the other
Canadian chapters etc).  If anyone is interested in that let me know!
(okay maybe it's a boring abstract, but I am open to ideas!)

Talk soon,

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

Re: REMINDER: Tomorrow is the last day for FOSS5G abstracts

Timothy Astle
Haha, that's better than anything that I'd have time to come up with.

I would have normally been all over this, but I just had too much work to deal with over the past few months.

On another note:  Are we going to schedule a second meeting (and if so, where) with the focus on having you demonstrate MapServer?  =)

Tim

On 14/04/2011 8:35 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
Hello everyone in Atlantic Canada!

Tomorrow is the last day to submit a short abstract for a presentation at the upcoming FOSS4G conference in Denver in September: http://2011.foss4g.org/abstracts/

If you haven't been to an event, they are really special, a real energy event unlike no other event that you've ever been to.

We could even submit an abstract on the formation of our chapter (unique issues we face here, challenges, goals, ideas, working with the other Canadian chapters etc).  If anyone is interested in that let me know! (okay maybe it's a boring abstract, but I am open to ideas!)

Talk soon,

-jeff

--
Timothy Astle, BCS
Web Development Manager

Connect with CARIS
Twitter LinkedIn FaceBook YouTube

Download your free copy of CARIS Easy View today!
www.caris.com/easyview

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended only for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please notify us by email reply. You should not use, disclose, distribute or copy this communication if received in error.

Any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. No binding contract will result from this email until such time as a written document is signed on behalf of the company.