Financial documents

Andreas Neumann-4
Dear PSC,

I prepared the financial documents for the two financial auditors (Andreas Voigt and Andreas Vonlaufen). Here are the relevant documents:

Accounting-Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VOt4RFJkJ7LaTAnEGmQ2VB1DZT8Q9Ior-b_uBAVP8YQ/edit#gid=606857789
Note the different tabs. The relevant ones are "Income 2017" and "Expenses 2017". Attention: you have to scroll in the spreadsheet both horizontally and vertically. Each section has a summary. All the expenses are linked to the relevant invoices (PDFs) on Google Drive. Note that I still use the spreadsheet. Hopefully, next year I change to a professional accounting software (e.g. GnuCash).

Summary Expenses/Income in comparison with 2017 budget: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18gwm83ENnIqNk0Hul-OlqggTHU4QeTqA-DvPmX8kK88/edit#gid=0 - Note that some assets haven't been budgeted but we had expenses or some budgeted assets didn't have any expenses.

Financial Report 2017: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iKB6PwOvtR-CFV8G4eePlgjxr-ZSCTYzhXYJBxUqoX4/edit - Still has to be approved by the two financial auditors (within the next two weeks) and then finally at the AGM.

Bank account statements 2017: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0h3PAH5uoY6ZGVqUE84d21DdGs
There are two bank accounts. The main one from Postfinance and a second one at Migrosbank. The second one was linked to the old PayPal account of the Swiss QGIS user group and was only used to transfer PayPal donations. It was dissolved in December 2017. The new Paypal account is now directly linked with the Postfinance account.

Invoices Income (receivables) (Invoices for Sponsoring, dedicated contributions for bug fixing, training certificates and payment confirmations for some donations): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0h3PAH5uoY6WjdOTjR2Yk9mb0E - are not linked in the accounting spreadsheet

Invoices Expenses (payables) (bug fixing, QGIS grants, dev meetings, infrastructures, etc.): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0h3PAH5uoY6U19IV1BHUGNFZEk - these invoices are directly linked in the accounting spreadsheet

Accrued expenses / deferrals: 5 payments with a total of € 10'595.26 were paid in January 2018, but work has been done in 2017.

Remarks concerning PayPal: some sponsors paid through PayPal (primarily sponsors from outside Europe). These sponsorings are listed in the spreadsheet in the sponsoring section, but substracted from the general PayPal payment payments. Because of unnecessary currency conversions and exorbitant transfer fees PayPal keeps on average 8-10% of all payments. Donations and sponsorships with wire transfer are therefore much preferred.

Shortage of € 30.14: If one compares the bank balances (Jan 1 - Dec 31), income and expenses and takes into account the accrued expenses/deferrals, there is a shortage of € 30.14 (currently under investigation - probably an inconsistancy with some PayPal transfer)

I expect the financial auditors to analyze accounting, invoices, bank account statements, etc. and send a short report, hopefully in the next two weeks. Then we can propose it to the AGM for acceptance.

Greetings,
Andreas

Re: Financial documents

pcav
Il 12/02/2018 08:54, Andreas Neumann ha scritto:

> If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks a lot Andreas.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

Re: Financial documents

Tim Sutton-6
Hi

Thanks so much for this (huge) effort Andreas! So for the AGM we will use:

Financial Report 2017 (once approved by the reviewers)

And the 2018 budget

Is the budget 100% finalised now? If so I will add it’s link to the 2nd form in the AGM form set.

Thanks again for this Andreas!

Regards

Tim

On 12 Feb 2018, at 10:13, Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:

Il 12/02/2018 08:54, Andreas Neumann ha scritto:

Thanks a lot Andreas.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

Tim Sutton

Co-founder: Kartoza
Project chair: QGIS.org

Desktop GIS programming services
Geospatial web development
GIS Training
Consulting Services

Skype: timlinux
IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: Financial documents

Andreas Neumann-3
Hi Tim,

I revised the 2018 budget a bit (added VAT taxes for sponsoring payment, 7.7%) - although I am still not sure whether we have to pay them. Will talk to an expert soon. The other thing I did is enlarge the Python documentation budget, as I understood there will be two payments to OpenGIS - once 5k, and another 6.something k - right?

I budgeted a bit of a loss - but I think it is ok - as we have savings as well.

I am talking to an Australian insurance company (IAG) - they are interested in becoming gold sponsor. But not nailed yet.

Greetings,
Andreas

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Andreas Neumann
QGIS.ORG board member (treasurer)

Re: Financial documents

Anita Graser
Thank you Andreas for preparing this report again! It's very interesting with all the details and remarks and it reminds me that I should contact Packt again ...

I agree that it is ok to budget a loss of -17k given the current account balance of 63k, particularly considering current interest rates ;-)

Regards,
Anita

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

On 12 Feb 2018, at 10:36, Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Tim,

I revised the 2018 budget a bit (added VAT taxes for sponsoring payment, 7.7%) - although I am still not sure whether we have to pay them. Will talk to an expert soon. The other thing I did is enlarge the Python documentation budget, as I understood there will be two payments to OpenGIS - once 5k, and another 6.something k - right?

Yes 5k for the work commissioned in 2017, 6.5 or so for the planned work in 2018.

I budgeted a bit of a loss - but I think it is ok - as we have savings as well.

Yes I think so too - our money is better used for the good of the project than sitting in the bank building up a big balance.

I am talking to an Australian insurance company (IAG) - they are interested in becoming gold sponsor. But not nailed yet.

Cool!

Regards

Tim

Greetings,
Andreas

On 12 February 2018 at 09:29, Tim Sutton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

Thanks so much for this (huge) effort Andreas! So for the AGM we will use:

Financial Report 2017 (once approved by the reviewers)

And the 2018 budget

Is the budget 100% finalised now? If so I will add it’s link to the 2nd form in the AGM form set.

Thanks again for this Andreas!

Regards

Tim

On 12 Feb 2018, at 10:13, Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:

Il 12/02/2018 08:54, Andreas Neumann ha scritto:

Thanks a lot Andreas.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

<KartozaNewLogoThumbnail.jpg>