Final Friday

jody.garnett
I have sent a series of "final friday" reminders to the email lists. We need to have time to migrate content from the data collection forms to the beta website in time for foss4g.

After this point the data collection forms should be turned off.
--
Jody Garnett

Re: Final Friday

jody.garnett
Peter:

There was a strong desire on the geoforall mailing list to continue using the google forms after this week - but just because something is a good idea does not mean we have volunteers willing to do it.

Which means you have a decision to make as representative of the GeoForAll community.  Do you want to shut off the GeoForAll lab form on Saturday - or leave it open and trust a member of your community will figure out how to copy information across?

--
Jody Garnett

On 9 August 2017 at 11:52, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have sent a series of "final friday" reminders to the email lists. We need to have time to migrate content from the data collection forms to the beta website in time for foss4g.

After this point the data collection forms should be turned off.
--
Jody Garnett

Re: Final Friday

Jeffrey Johnson
Lets discuss this process *after* FOSS4G. We can leave the form up for
now, but wont have time to import the data again until after FOSS4G.

Fwiw, I think we can replicate this form directly in wordpress, so we
are not maintaining things in 2 places. We just need to think of some
level of curation so changes are not immediately live (including
mistakes)

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 11:57 AM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Peter:
>
> There was a strong desire on the geoforall mailing list to continue using
> the google forms after this week - but just because something is a good idea
> does not mean we have volunteers willing to do it.
>
> Which means you have a decision to make as representative of the GeoForAll
> community.  Do you want to shut off the GeoForAll lab form on Saturday - or
> leave it open and trust a member of your community will figure out how to
> copy information across?
>
> --
> Jody Garnett
>
> On 9 August 2017 at 11:52, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I have sent a series of "final friday" reminders to the email lists. We
>> need to have time to migrate content from the data collection forms to the
>> beta website in time for foss4g.
>>
>> After this point the data collection forms should be turned off.
>> --
>> Jody Garnett

Re: Final Friday

jody.garnett
Gotcha, perhaps each regional geoforall person could review and publish content for their area.

(right discuss after foss4g, bad jody)

--
Jody Garnett

On 9 August 2017 at 13:18, Jeffrey Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Lets discuss this process *after* FOSS4G. We can leave the form up for
now, but wont have time to import the data again until after FOSS4G.

Fwiw, I think we can replicate this form directly in wordpress, so we
are not maintaining things in 2 places. We just need to think of some
level of curation so changes are not immediately live (including
mistakes)

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 11:57 AM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Peter:
>
> There was a strong desire on the geoforall mailing list to continue using
> the google forms after this week - but just because something is a good idea
> does not mean we have volunteers willing to do it.
>
> Which means you have a decision to make as representative of the GeoForAll
> community.  Do you want to shut off the GeoForAll lab form on Saturday - or
> leave it open and trust a member of your community will figure out how to
> copy information across?
>
> --
> Jody Garnett
>
> On 9 August 2017 at 11:52, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I have sent a series of "final friday" reminders to the email lists. We
>> need to have time to migrate content from the data collection forms to the
>> beta website in time for foss4g.
>>
>> After this point the data collection forms should be turned off.
>> --
>> Jody Garnett

Re: Final Friday

Peter Mooney
I agree to leave the GeoForAll form open.

I provided content for my lab but I assume many other academics in labs are on summer vacation. So response might be slow.

Indeed the uptake and response to this should help us in GeoForAll see how many labs in our network (listed as over 100) are actually alive and well 😁

On 9 Aug 2017 21:21, "Jody Garnett" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Gotcha, perhaps each regional geoforall person could review and publish content for their area.

(right discuss after foss4g, bad jody)

--
Jody Garnett

On 9 August 2017 at 13:18, Jeffrey Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Lets discuss this process *after* FOSS4G. We can leave the form up for
now, but wont have time to import the data again until after FOSS4G.

Fwiw, I think we can replicate this form directly in wordpress, so we
are not maintaining things in 2 places. We just need to think of some
level of curation so changes are not immediately live (including
mistakes)

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 11:57 AM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Peter:
>
> There was a strong desire on the geoforall mailing list to continue using
> the google forms after this week - but just because something is a good idea
> does not mean we have volunteers willing to do it.
>
> Which means you have a decision to make as representative of the GeoForAll
> community.  Do you want to shut off the GeoForAll lab form on Saturday - or
> leave it open and trust a member of your community will figure out how to
> copy information across?
>
> --
> Jody Garnett
>
> On 9 August 2017 at 11:52, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I have sent a series of "final friday" reminders to the email lists. We
>> need to have time to migrate content from the data collection forms to the
>> beta website in time for foss4g.
>>
>> After this point the data collection forms should be turned off.
>> --
>> Jody Garnett

Re: Final Friday

Jeffrey Johnson
Indeed this is a good test to see who is paying attention ... summer and all.

We have enough labs already (~20 now) that I think we can reach critical mass on this new platform. We will need to get people onto the Wordpress site to make it look beautiful. If you want to get a login, please contact me or Jody off list for now.

You can see what these look like as they take shape on the site.

We are also really excited about the group photos for the projects page (see grass as an example http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/projects/grass-gis/) will be really great when we have group photos from each lab :)