Filtering against CircleByCenterPoint

Hajo Kliemeck-2
Hi,

i want to filter against a circle, but the only thing i will always get
is a nullpointer exception. Any Ideas? I'm using GeoServer 2.0.2.

<wfs:GetFeature xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs"
xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"
xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml" version="1.1.0"
service="WFS">
        <wfs:Query typeName="mmw:germany-zipcode">
                <ogc:Filter>
                        <ogc:Intersects>
                                <ogc:PropertyName>the_geom</ogc:PropertyName>
                                <gml:CircleByCenterPoint numArc="1">
                                        <gml:pos>8.406452 49.393737</gml:pos>
                                        <gml:radius uom="km">5</gml:radius>
                                </gml:CircleByCenterPoint>
                        </ogc:Intersects>
                </ogc:Filter>
        </wfs:Query>
</wfs:GetFeature>

10 Dez 09:46:09 ERROR [geoserver.ows] -
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.geoserver.feature.ReprojectingFilterVisitor.reproject(ReprojectingFilterVisitor.java:338)
        at
org.geoserver.feature.ReprojectingFilterVisitor$GeometryFilterTransformer.transform(ReprojectingFilterVisitor.java:367)
        at
org.geoserver.feature.ReprojectingFilterVisitor.visit(ReprojectingFilterVisitor.java:227)
        at
org.geotools.filter.spatial.IntersectsImpl.accept(IntersectsImpl.java:66)
        at
org.geoserver.wfs.WFSReprojectionUtil.reprojectFilter(WFSReprojectionUtil.java:94)
        at
org.geoserver.wfs.WFSReprojectionUtil.normalizeFilterCRS(WFSReprojectionUtil.java:109)
        at org.geoserver.wfs.GetFeature.toDataQuery(GetFeature.java:519)
        at org.geoserver.wfs.GetFeature.run(GetFeature.java:359)
        at
org.geoserver.wfs.DefaultWebFeatureService.getFeature(DefaultWebFeatureService.java:115)
        at
        at
        at
org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:310)
        at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182)
        at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)
        at org.geoserver.ows.util.EMFLogger.invoke(EMFLogger.java:51)
        at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
        at
org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
        at $Proxy16.getFeature(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
        at org.geoserver.ows.Dispatcher.execute(Dispatcher.java:599)
        at
org.geoserver.ows.Dispatcher.handleRequestInternal(Dispatcher.java:230)
        at
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:153)
        at
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:48)
        at
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:875)
        at
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:809)
        at
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:571)
        at
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:511)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
        at
        at
        at
org.vfny.geoserver.filters.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:108)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at
        at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:265)
        at
org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:107)
        at
org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:72)
        at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
        at
org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:124)
        at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
        at
org.acegisecurity.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter.doFilter(AnonymousProcessingFilter.java:125)
        at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
        at
org.acegisecurity.ui.basicauth.BasicProcessingFilter.doFilter(BasicProcessingFilter.java:174)
        at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
        at
org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:249)
        at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
        at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:149)
        at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:98)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at
        at
org.geoserver.filters.LoggingFilter.doFilter(LoggingFilter.java:73)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at
        at
org.geoserver.filters.ReverseProxyFilter.doFilter(ReverseProxyFilter.java:183)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at
        at org.geoserver.filters.GZIPFilter.doFilter(GZIPFilter.java:47)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:857)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

cheers
hajo
Email:   [hidden email]
Telefon: +49 (0) 6221 - 616050
Fax:     +49 (0) 6221 - 616051
KYBEIDOS Gesellschaft für Systeme zur Unternehmenssteuerung mbH
Moltkestraße 27
69120 Heidelberg

Handelsregister: Heidelberg HRB 5460
USt.Id-Nr.: DE182073772
Geschäftsführer: Stephan Frenzel, Dietmar Hantsch, Dr. Michael Wiedemann

Re: Filtering against CircleByCenterPoint

geowolf
On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Hajo Kliemeck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i want to filter against a circle, but the only thing i will always get
> is a nullpointer exception. Any Ideas? I'm using GeoServer 2.0.2.
>
> <wfs:GetFeature xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs"
> xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"
> xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml" version="1.1.0"
> service="WFS">
>        <wfs:Query typeName="mmw:germany-zipcode">
>                <ogc:Filter>
>                        <ogc:Intersects>
>                                <ogc:PropertyName>the_geom</ogc:PropertyName>
>                                <gml:CircleByCenterPoint numArc="1">
>                                        <gml:pos>8.406452 49.393737</gml:pos>
>                                        <gml:radius uom="km">5</gml:radius>
>                                </gml:CircleByCenterPoint>
>                        </ogc:Intersects>
>                </ogc:Filter>
>        </wfs:Query>
> </wfs:GetFeature>

We only support flat geometries made of straight segments, circle is not
part of what GeoServer can understand.

That said, the same filter can be expressed as a ogc:DWithin.

However I see you are using mixed unit of measures, data in geographic
coordinates,
distances in km. We don't have good support for that either, as far as
I know the only
store that has code to properly support dwithin filters with a unit of
measure is
Oracle.
In theory also PostGIS 1.5 would be able to natively support a dwithin filter
on lat/lon data, afaik provided the column is defined as a geographic one,
but the code to encode the proper sql is not there.

For stores that do not have such a native ability I guess we could compute an
approximate buffer in memory and then transform the filter into an
overlaps/intersects
one.

I'd really love to add these missing abilities, but it would take a
significant amount of time,
so I guess that will have to wait until someone that can code
GeoTools/GeoServer actually
needs this ability in one of his projects, or someone provides funding
to have the
implementation happen

Cheers
Andrea

Ing. Andrea Aime
Senior Software Engineer

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy

phone: +39 0584962313
fax:     +39 0584962313

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://geo-solutions.blogspot.com/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/andreaaime
http://twitter.com/geowolf

GeoWebCache - Additional Volume

Wolfgang Wasserburger

I am using GeoServer 2.0.2 and the bundled GeoWebCache. Since I want to seed a huge area, I mounted an additional disk where the cache should reside. I tried to set the path via web.xml; this didn't work and I knew from the mailing list, that this is really not working, but tried the described workaround to create a symbolic link under linux. This worked as long as the target directory is on the same volume as the installation, but GeoServer could not be restarted, when I changed the link to a directory residing on the new disk.
Does anyone know a further workaround or will my new disk stay useless?

Thx in advance and greetings from Vienna

Wolfgang

Re: GeoWebCache - Additional Volume

Arne Kepp-2
You have to set GEOSERVER_DATA_DIR and move the entire data directory.

What error messages do you get if you symlink the gwc directory? It
should work, there's nothing in GWC that tests whether it's a symlink or
not. Make sure the permissions are correct.

-Arne

On 12/11/10 12:58 PM, Wolfgang Wasserburger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using GeoServer 2.0.2 and the bundled GeoWebCache. Since I want to seed a huge area, I mounted an additional disk where the cache should reside. I tried to set the path via web.xml; this didn't work and I knew from the mailing list, that this is really not working, but tried the described workaround to create a symbolic link under linux. This worked as long as the target directory is on the same volume as the installation, but GeoServer could not be restarted, when I changed the link to a directory residing on the new disk.
> Does anyone know a further workaround or will my new disk stay useless?
>
> Thx in advance and greetings from Vienna
>
> Wolfgang

Re: GeoWebCache - Additional Volume

Rahkonen Jukka (Tike)
Hi,

No need to move the whole data dir. I have in a file
D:\Program Files\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\geoserver\WEB-INF\web.xml additional lines

  <context-param>
               <param-name>GEOWEBCACHE_CACHE_DIR</param-name>
               <param-value>F:\data\gwc_data</param-value>
     </context-param>

This is on Windows XP, Geoserver 2.0.2.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Wolfgang W. Wasserburger-2
Arne, Jukka,

my directory setting is:
  <context-param>
    <param-name>GEOWEBCACHE_CACHE_DIR</param-name>
    <param-value>/geocache/gwc</param-value>
  </context-param>

The symlink is set to 777 and user:group tomcat6:tomcat6

The target directory is set to 777 and user:group tomcat6:tomcat6

When I restart geoserver in the Tomcat Web Application Manager I find:
-----
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [org.geowebcache.storage.metastore.jdbc.JDBCMetaBackend]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is org.geowebcache.storage.StorageException: Unable to create /data/geoserver/data/gwc/meta_jdbc_h2 for H2 database.
-----
In the tomcat log.

When I try the same with a directory on the same physical drive, this works. It sounds crazy, but I do not find the point with the mistake.

Hope you have some further hints for me

Wolfgang