Field-dependent feature style or label

polczynskim

I have a layer with 1000+ point features.  I am going back to check the field values for each feature.  I have a field named "Check" that I change the value of after I check the feature.  I want to change either the symbol style or the label color of a feature based on whether or not I have checked the feature.  In other words, I want to make the symbol style and/or the label color of a particular feature dependent on the value of a particular field.  For example, if my “Check” field for a feature is blank (I haven't checked the feature yet), then the symbol for that feature is a red circle, but if the ”Check” field is “OK”, then the symbol changes to a green star.  Or, if the field is blank, then the label is red, but if the filed is “OK", the label changes to green.

By the way, I'm pretty new at QGIS, so would need some pretty detailed instructions on how to do this.  Thanks for any help on this!

--
Mark Polczynski

Re: Field-dependent feature style or label

knussear
Under the properties for the layer choose "style". In the drop down at the
top choose "rule based". Add rules using the + sign at the bottom of the
white box. When you chose filter edit using ... and a field calculation
dialogue will pop up, build a formula using fields and values, select your
field "Check" , and create the expression "Check" = 1 (or whatever your
value is), create a second rule with different symbology for nulls using
"Check" IS NULL.