Feedback: [FOSS4G Proceedings] Publication of papers of the FOSS4G 2016 Academic Trac

Feedback: [FOSS4G Proceedings] Publication of papers of the FOSS4G 2016 Academic Trac

fjbehr
Kategorie: FOSS4G Proceedings

Dear colleagues,

as announced for the Academic Track of FOSS4G 2016, accepted papers papers
should be published in the OSGeo Journal.
How can we proceed? Christian Willmes is a little involved.

Regards
Franz-Josef

Sent from http://www.osgeo.org/feedback/journal by Franz-Josef Behr.

Site Name: OSGeo.org
Entered Name: Franz-Josef Behr
E-Mail-Adresse: [hidden email]
Referring page: http://www.osgeo.org/feedback/journal
IP Address: http://whois.domaintools.com/77.176.248.87
Browser info: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/51.0

Re: Feedback: [FOSS4G Proceedings] Publication of papers of the FOSS4G 2016 Academic Trac

Christian Willmes
Hi,

I agreed to help in technical regards, with the OJS Journal system,
uploading the Papers etc., but I won't help with the LaTeX editing, I am
not good at this kind of work, checking on formalities etc...

Best,
Christian

Am 16.02.2017 um 21:34 schrieb [hidden email]:

> Kategorie: FOSS4G Proceedings
>
> Dear colleagues,
>
> as announced for the Academic Track of FOSS4G 2016, accepted papers
> papers
> should be published in the OSGeo Journal.
> How can we proceed? Christian Willmes is a little involved.
>
> Regards
> Franz-Josef
>
> Sent from http://www.osgeo.org/feedback/journal by Franz-Josef Behr.
>

> Site Name: OSGeo.org
> Entered Name: Franz-Josef Behr
> E-Mail-Adresse: [hidden email]
> Referring page: http://www.osgeo.org/feedback/journal
> IP Address: http://whois.domaintools.com/77.176.248.87
> Browser info: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101
> Firefox/51.0

Christian Willmes
AG GIS & Fernerkundung      | GIS & RS Group
Geographisches Institut     | Institute of Geography
Universität zu Köln         | University of Cologne
Tel.: +49 (0)221 470 6234
http://www.geographie.uni-koeln.de/14126.html
http://www.sfb806.de
http://crc806db.uni-koeln.de
http://orcid.org/0000-0002-5566-6542

Re: Feedback: [FOSS4G Proceedings] Publication of papers of the FOSS4G 2016 Academic Trac

Eli Adam
Hi Franz-Josef,

To proceed, you need to find someone willing to guest edit an edition
of the OSGeo Journal and assemble everything.  Is there anyone from
the LOC who might volunteer?   Hiring someone (Barend or Gary Sherman
are the first possibilities I can think of and I don't know if either
are interested) might be a possibility too.

I'll help with copy editing to check minor details are consistent
(spelling, page numbers, etc).  I can also help get people access to
svn or add the material for them.

Best regards, Eli