Featuresource configuration

Jamo
I'm playing with the new mg desktop libraries and I've found some problems with reading some of my sql spatial tables, they seem to read fine in mapguide server but when I load the same featuresource into the mgdesktop it fails on what I've narrowed down to be tables with multiple geometry columns (it fails when selecting the geometry to display properties.)

I'm not sure where to post information about the issue but was thinking perhaps a featuresource configuration override would get me past the issue.

So a few questions.
1. Is it possible to do featuresource configuration override on only part of the featuersource, I would like the other features to remain untouched meaning I would only have to modify the config when this one feature requires changing.
2. If so how? I've found the documentation on the featuresource configuration rather mysterious.
3. Where would I post what seems to be a bug for mg-desktop

And I'd like to thankyou for the development of MG-Desktop I've only just recently started building small apps at work for data integration having the ability to have a visual plugin directly from within the app really helps and it was rather easy to implement!!!
MapGuide Maestro 6.0.0.8587
MapGuide Opensource 3.0.0.8701
Fusion, PHP, Apache
Windows 7 Pro SP1

Re: Featuresource configuration

Jackie Ng
I'll have to double check if I've properly ported over the feature source configuration capabilities mg-desktop, but yes the feature source configuration would be the way to go as it allows you to remove the extra geometry columns from the class definition that is presented to MapGuide.

Feature Source configuration is admittedly scarce in documentation, but I'll point to my 2 blog posts as a starting point of reference:

 * http://themapguyde.blogspot.com.au/2010/08/using-fdo-schema-overrides.html
 * http://themapguyde.blogspot.com.au/2010/09/using-fdo-schema-overrides-redux.html

Once you understand that a configuration document simply defines:

 * Spatial Contexts
 * FDO Logical Schema
 * Logical to Physical schema mappings (specific to each provider that supports configuration, not really relevant to this case fortunately)

Then what you really want to do is modify the FDO logical schema part of the document to remove the extra geometry columns. When set as a configuration document for a feature source, MapGuide will use the FDO logical schema defined here whenever it needs to interrogate the structure of that Feature Source. FDO Toolbox lets you do this visually as explained in the 2nd blog link.

Glad you like mg-desktop. As long as you can live with some limitations (no tiled maps, non-ACID resource service) then it is a good foundation for building desktop mapping applications.

There is a "Desktop API" component under Trac, so you can submit issues/bugs/enhancements there. The Google Code site is just for hosting binaries now.

- Jackie

Re: Featuresource configuration

Jamo
Jackie any documentation on schemaMapping format.

I can't get fdo toolbox to export my sql schema as xml it keeps bombing out.

I've managed to re-produce a single schema table and load it into fdo toolbox, but I can find how to format the SchemaMapping part, specifically for SQL spatial.

I predict something like.
<SchemaMapping provider="OSGeo.MSSQL.3.6" name="Default" xmlns="http://fdoshp.osgeo.org/schemas">
        <complexType name="tablename???" >
            <element name="colName">
                <Column name="colName"/>
            </element>
</complexType>
    </SchemaMapping>
Fusion, PHP, Apache
Windows 7 Pro SP1

Re: Featuresource configuration

Jackie Ng
You can use the Feature - GetSchemaMapping test harness in the mapagent pages to generate a default configuration document with default logical-physical mappings based on how the FDO provider "sees" that particular data store.

- Jackie