FeatureInfo Diagram

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

FeatureInfo Diagram

Jakob Miksch-3
Dear List,

I am currently evaluating MapBender for a project.

I would like to have the functionality that the user clicks on a
feature. Then the FeatureInfo-Box shall pop up and additionally a
diagram based on the data of the feature shall be displayed.

Do you know if this is possible? Has anyone done something similar with
MapBender?

Kind regards,
Jakob

_______________________________________________
Mapbender_users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FeatureInfo Diagram

Jörg Thomsen (WhereGroup)
Hello Jakob,

Mapbender shows the FeatureInfo the wms delivers. So you would have to
create the diagram within your getfeatureinfo-request.

I would use a libary / script which can create the diagram on the fly
and use the call of the script as image-src (using mapserver...).
Something like
<img source='servername/diagramscript.php?objid=[oid]'>

regards, Jörg


Am 09.05.2018 um 15:13 schrieb Jakob Miksch:

> Dear List,
>
> I am currently evaluating MapBender for a project.
>
> I would like to have the functionality that the user clicks on a
> feature. Then the FeatureInfo-Box shall pop up and additionally a
> diagram based on the data of the feature shall be displayed.
>
> Do you know if this is possible? Has anyone done something similar with
> MapBender?
>
> Kind regards,
> Jakob
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mapbender_users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users


Viele Grüße,
Jörg Thomsen

--
-----------------------------------
Aufwind durch Wissen!
Qualifizierte Open-Source-Schulungen
bei der www.foss-academy.com
-----------------------------------

Jörg Thomsen
WhereGroup GmbH & Co. KG
Gillweg 3
14193 Berlin
Germany

Fon: +49 (0)30 / 5130 278 74
Fax: +49 (0)30 / 89 09 53 21

[hidden email]
www.wheregroup.com
Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788
-------------------------------
Komplementärin:
WhereGroup Verwaltungs GmbH
vertreten durch:
Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm
-------------------------------
Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter: http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com
_______________________________________________
Mapbender_users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FeatureInfo Diagram

Jakob Miksch-3
Hello,

@Jörg: thanks for your useful response. If I understood correctly, your method would create a diagram as static image.

I rather thought about having a dynamic diagram using Javascript. For example with Chart.js [1].

Do you know if this is possible, has anyone done this already with MapBender?

Best regards,
Jakob

[1] https://www.chartjs.org/

On 2018-05-09 16:24, Jörg Thomsen (WhereGroup) wrote:
Hello Jakob,

Mapbender shows the FeatureInfo the wms delivers. So you would have to
create the diagram within your getfeatureinfo-request.

I would use a libary / script which can create the diagram on the fly
and use the call of the script as image-src (using mapserver...).
Something like
<img source='servername/diagramscript.php?objid=[oid]'>

regards, Jörg


Am 09.05.2018 um 15:13 schrieb Jakob Miksch:
Dear List,

I am currently evaluating MapBender for a project.

I would like to have the functionality that the user clicks on a
feature. Then the FeatureInfo-Box shall pop up and additionally a
diagram based on the data of the feature shall be displayed.

Do you know if this is possible? Has anyone done something similar with
MapBender?

Kind regards,
Jakob

_______________________________________________
Mapbender_users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users

Viele Grüße,
Jörg Thomsen


--
Jakob Miksch | Researcher
University of Salzburg | Department of Geoinformatics - Z_GIS
Schillerstrasse 30 | 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Phone: +43 (0)662 8044 7529
E-mail: [hidden email] | http://www.zgis.at

_______________________________________________
Mapbender_users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FeatureInfo Diagram

Jörg Thomsen (WhereGroup)
Hello Jakob,

no, no static image, my suggestion was to create an image for each
request, e.g. with pChart. this would be the server-side-solution for
your js-idea with chart.js.

Anyway, it has to be implemented in the featureInfo-config of your WMS,
not in MB.

Regards, Jörg


  Am 14.05.2018 um 08:46 schrieb Jakob Miksch:

> Hello,
>
> @Jörg: thanks for your useful response. If I understood correctly, your
> method would create a diagram as static image.
>
> I rather thought about having a dynamic diagram using Javascript. For
> example with Chart.js [1].
>
> Do you know if this is possible, has anyone done this already with
> MapBender?
>
> Best regards,
> Jakob
>
> [1] https://www.chartjs.org/
>
> On 2018-05-09 16:24, Jörg Thomsen (WhereGroup) wrote:
>> Hello Jakob,
>>
>> Mapbender shows the FeatureInfo the wms delivers. So you would have to
>> create the diagram within your getfeatureinfo-request.
>>
>> I would use a libary / script which can create the diagram on the fly
>> and use the call of the script as image-src (using mapserver...).
>> Something like
>> <img source='servername/diagramscript.php?objid=[oid]'>
>>
>> regards, Jörg
>>
>>
>> Am 09.05.2018 um 15:13 schrieb Jakob Miksch:
>>> Dear List,
>>>
>>> I am currently evaluating MapBender for a project.
>>>
>>> I would like to have the functionality that the user clicks on a
>>> feature. Then the FeatureInfo-Box shall pop up and additionally a
>>> diagram based on the data of the feature shall be displayed.
>>>
>>> Do you know if this is possible? Has anyone done something similar with
>>> MapBender?
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Jakob
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Mapbender_users mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users
>>
>> Viele Grüße,
>> Jörg Thomsen
>>
>
> --
> *Jakob Miksch* | *Researcher*
> University of Salzburg | Department of Geoinformatics - Z_GIS
> Schillerstrasse 30 | 5020 Salzburg, Austria
> Phone: +43 (0)662 8044 7529
> E-mail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> |
> http://www.zgis.at
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mapbender_users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users
>


Viele Grüße,
Jörg Thomsen

--
-----------------------------------
Aufwind durch Wissen!
Qualifizierte Open-Source-Schulungen
bei der www.foss-academy.com
-----------------------------------

Jörg Thomsen
WhereGroup GmbH & Co. KG
Gillweg 3
14193 Berlin
Germany

Fon: +49 (0)30 / 5130 278 74
Fax: +49 (0)30 / 89 09 53 21

[hidden email]
www.wheregroup.com
Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788
-------------------------------
Komplementärin:
WhereGroup Verwaltungs GmbH
vertreten durch:
Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm
-------------------------------
Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter: http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com
_______________________________________________
Mapbender_users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FeatureInfo Diagram

Jakob Miksch-3
In reply to this post by Jörg Thomsen (WhereGroup)
Hello List, hello Jörg,

I would prefer to create the diagram on the client side, because of two
reasons:
1. I don't have experience with PHP
2. client-side diagrams seem much more modern to me, because they are
interactive e.g. the user can hover over a bar and a tooltip with the
values is show ...

I am sure it is somehow possible to implement this in Mapbender.

Can you estimate how complex it would be to implement a Javascript based
diagram in Mapbender?

Thanks and best regards,
Jakob

On 2018-05-09 16:24, Jörg Thomsen (WhereGroup) wrote:

> Hello Jakob,
>
> Mapbender shows the FeatureInfo the wms delivers. So you would have to
> create the diagram within your getfeatureinfo-request.
>
> I would use a libary / script which can create the diagram on the fly
> and use the call of the script as image-src (using mapserver...).
> Something like
> <img source='servername/diagramscript.php?objid=[oid]'>
>
> regards, Jörg
>
>
> Am 09.05.2018 um 15:13 schrieb Jakob Miksch:
>> Dear List,
>>
>> I am currently evaluating MapBender for a project.
>>
>> I would like to have the functionality that the user clicks on a
>> feature. Then the FeatureInfo-Box shall pop up and additionally a
>> diagram based on the data of the feature shall be displayed.
>>
>> Do you know if this is possible? Has anyone done something similar with
>> MapBender?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Jakob
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Mapbender_users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users
>
> Viele Grüße,
> Jörg Thomsen
>

_______________________________________________
Mapbender_users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users