'Feature Info' works for certain WMS only in the "WMS loader", but not when added from 'source'

'Feature Info' works for certain WMS only in the "WMS loader", but not when added from 'source'

Henning Lorenz
Mapbender v.3.0.5.3; Geoserver 2.9.1

Hello,

- I have a WMS V.1.1.1 from Geoserver that I want to add to Mapbender 3
- I can add the WMS without problems as a source
- When I add layers from the WMS to a map, e.g. to one of the templates that come with Mapbender3, they show up correctly but:
             * ‘Feature Info’ returns a ‘WMS server: no result’ for my layer
             * ‘Feature Info’ works correctly on other WMS layers, like the Mapbender3 user map
- When I add the very same WMS through the WMS loader, then ‘Feature Info’ works just fine.
———— this does not depend on the CRS, i.e. whether original or projected.
- When I add this WMS to the same map twice, once as map layers from ‘sources’ and then again through ‘WMS loader’ and query the same feature  of the same layer in both WMSs with on click, i.e. at the same time, then the query on the ‘WMS loader’ layer returns a correct ‘Feature Info’ while the layer from ’sources’ returns ‘WMS server: no result’.

Where is the difference between the ‘WMS loader’ and the ‘sources’? I’m grateful for any hint that helps me with troubleshooting.
Thank you!

Henning

Re: 'Feature Info' works for certain WMS only in the "WMS loader", but not when added from 'source'

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Hello Henning,

looks like it has to do with the featureInfo format.

You would like to get a featureInfo answer in text/html.

Please go to your application-Layerset->GeoServer WMS and check the WMS
infoformat. It should be set to text/html. Please save afterwards.

GeoServer offers many infoformats in the getCapabilities Document.
Mapbender chooses the first which is not always text/html.

Astrid

Am 2016-09-15 12:16, schrieb Henning Lorenz:

> Mapbender v.3.0.5.3; Geoserver 2.9.1
>
> Hello,
>
> - I have a WMS V.1.1.1 from Geoserver that I want to add to Mapbender 3
> - I can add the WMS without problems as a source
> - When I add layers from the WMS to a map, e.g. to one of the
> templates that come with Mapbender3, they show up correctly but:
>              * ‘Feature Info’ returns a ‘WMS server: no result’ for my
> layer
>              * ‘Feature Info’ works correctly on other WMS layers,
> like the Mapbender3 user map
> - When I add the very same WMS through the WMS loader, then ‘Feature
> Info’ works just fine.
> ———— this does not depend on the CRS, i.e. whether original or
> projected.
> - When I add this WMS to the same map twice, once as map layers from
> ‘sources’ and then again through ‘WMS loader’ and query the same
> feature  of the same layer in both WMSs with on click, i.e. at the
> same time, then the query on the ‘WMS loader’ layer returns a correct
> ‘Feature Info’ while the layer from ’sources’ returns ‘WMS server: no
> result’.
>
> Where is the difference between the ‘WMS loader’ and the ‘sources’?
> I’m grateful for any hint that helps me with troubleshooting.
> Thank you!
>
> Henning

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

INTERGEO 2016
11.- 13. Oktober 2016 in Hamburg
Treffen Sie die WhereGroup in Halle A4, Stand B4.028
www.intergeo.de

  Astrid Emde
  WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
  Eifelstraße 7
  53119 Bonn
  Germany

  Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 22
  Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

  [hidden email]
  www.wheregroup.com

  Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788
-------------------------------
Komplementärin:
WhereGroup Verwaltungs GmbH
vertreten durch:
Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm

Re: 'Feature Info' works for certain WMS only in the "WMS loader", but not when added from 'source'

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Hello Henning,

I have an addition about featureInfo and "only valid".

You wrote: ‘Feature Info’ returns a ‘WMS server: no result’ for my layer

The featureInfo Element has an option "only valid"

If you activate "onbly valid" you have to make sure, that the answer
represents a valid HTML.

If you have defined text/plan as output-format, the switch only valid
must not be activated because text/plain doesn’t return valid HTML.

"Only valis" is a nice feature, as it will not open the dialog when an
empty page / no result comes back.

Read more:
http://doc.mapbender3.org/en/bundles/Mapbender/CoreBundle/elements/feature_info.html#configuration

Astrid

Am 2016-09-15 12:44, schrieb Astrid Emde:

> [...]

11.- 13. Oktober 2016 in Hamburg
Treffen Sie die WhereGroup in Halle A4, Stand B4.028
www.intergeo.de

  Astrid Emde
  WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
  Eifelstraße 7
  53119 Bonn
  Germany

  Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 22
  Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

  [hidden email]
  www.wheregroup.com

  Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788
Komplementärin:
WhereGroup Verwaltungs GmbH
vertreten durch:
Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm

Re: 'Feature Info' works for certain WMS only in the "WMS loader", but not when added from 'source'

Thank you for the quick and effective help, Astrid.

Yes, it was the “Allowed MIME types for a GetFeatureInfo request” in Geoserver. Apparently, the ‘WMS loader’ is more flexible than ’sources’ with regard to GetFeatureInfo formats.

Just in case somebody else with a similar problem comes across this post: It is necessary to actively refresh/update the source in Mapbender after the WMS update in Geoserver.

Henning