Feature-Catalogue (ISO19110) for GN3

sulu
Hi

If i understand correctly GN3 can interpret a Feature-Catalogue to add
feature information to a given metadata-set.
That would be rather nice in order to flesh out metadata with some technical
information about the referred dataset.
So i guess such a Feature-Catalogue would be a kind of a web-service.
But i cannot find any software, WAR-file, Javascript or what have you that
provides such a catalogue.
Does any of you guys/gals have implemented such a feature catalogue and/or
have knowledge how to set one up?

Thanks an a good day
Andy

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoNetwork-users-f3860293.html

Re: Feature-Catalogue (ISO19110) for GN3

Jose Garcia
Hi Andy

GeoNetwork has support for metadata in ISO19110 metadata schema. You can
load the templates provided for that schema and create ISO19110 metadata.
Also if you have metadata for datasets in your catalogue in ISO19139 format
you can related both metadata.

Probably this documentation can be a good starting point:
https://geonetwork-opensource.org/manuals/3.4.x/en/user-guide/describing-information/index.html

There's no web service for Feature Catalogue metadata, but you can use the
search UI and CSW/OAI-PMH protocols to query the metadata.

Regards,
Jose García

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 8:44 AM sulu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> If i understand correctly GN3 can interpret a Feature-Catalogue to add
> feature information to a given metadata-set.
> That would be rather nice in order to flesh out metadata with some
> technical
> information about the referred dataset.
> So i guess such a Feature-Catalogue would be a kind of a web-service.
> But i cannot find any software, WAR-file, Javascript or what have you that
> provides such a catalogue.
> Does any of you guys/gals have implemented such a feature catalogue and/or
> have knowledge how to set one up?
>
> Thanks an a good day
> Andy
>

> --
> Sent from:
> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoNetwork-users-f3860293.html

<https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>

Re: Feature-Catalogue (ISO19110) for GN3

BartV
Hi,
Is there also the support for ISO 19139-2 for the Geonetwork 3.4.1?

Thanks in advance

Bart

*Vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,Jose García <http://www.geocat.net/>Veenderweg 136721 WD BennekomThe NetherlandsT: +31
<https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>
<https://plus.google.com/u/1/+GeocatNetbv/posts>Please consider the environment before printing this email.*

Re: Feature-Catalogue (ISO19110) for GN3

Jose Garcia
Hi

You can find additional schemas in https://github.com/metadata101, and
there's a schema for ISO19115-3 (https://github.com/metadata101/iso19115-3),
that I think it supersedes ISO19115-2, but I'm not an expert in this.

In the repository for https://github.com/metadata101/iso19115-3 (branch
3.4.x) you can find in the README.md instructions to add the plugin. It's
not a straightforward process, as you need to build the code, but should
work.

Regards,
Jose García

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 9:26 AM Ventura Bartolomeo <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there also the support for ISO 19139-2 for the Geonetwork 3.4.1?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Bart

Thanks Jose.

Was it just a case or RTFM?

Anyway i'll have a look at the ISO 19110-templates.

So one could create metadata in ISO19139 to describe a dataset in general
and then link the corresponding ISO19110-document to provide a technical
data sheet in order to augment the ISO19139-metadata.

Correct?

And thanks for the swift replies.

Cheers
Andy

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoNetwork-users-f3860293.html

Re: Feature-Catalogue (ISO19110) for GN3

Jose Garcia
Hi

Sorry Andy, but I think you have misunderstood about the link to the
manual, was nothing related to RTFM.  I provided to you the link, in case
you want to get more detailed information about how GeoNetwork works with
metadata, apart of the feedback I provided.

About the links between metadata, it's correct your understanding, the
metadata editor in GeoNetwork has options to link metadata with other
metadata. You can find additional details about relating metadata in
https://geonetwork-opensource.org/manuals/3.4.x/en/user-guide/associating-resources/index.html

Regards,
Jose García

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 11:28 AM sulu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Jose.
>
> Was it just a case or RTFM?
>
> Anyway i'll have a look at the ISO 19110-templates.
>
> So one could create metadata in ISO19139 to describe a dataset in general
> and then link the corresponding ISO19110-document to provide a technical
> data sheet in order to augment the ISO19139-metadata.
>
> Correct?
>
> And thanks for the swift replies.
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>

> --
> Sent from:
> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoNetwork-users-f3860293.html

<https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>

Re: Feature-Catalogue (ISO19110) for GN3

sulu
Thanks Jose!

Jou replies are great!.

I'll definitly will try out this combination.

Cheers
Andy

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoNetwork-users-f3860293.html

Re: Feature-Catalogue (ISO19110) for GN3

BartV
Thanks a lot Jose Garcia,
I will have a look on that instructions

Regards,

Bartolomeo

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 8:44 AM sulu <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

> Hi
>
> If i understand correctly GN3 can interpret a Feature-Catalogue to add
> feature information to a given metadata-set.
> That would be rather nice in order to flesh out metadata with some
> technical information about the referred dataset.
> So i guess such a Feature-Catalogue would be a kind of a web-service.
> But i cannot find any software, WAR-file, Javascript or what have you
> that provides such a catalogue.
> Does any of you guys/gals have implemented such a feature catalogue
> and/or have knowledge how to set one up?
>
> Thanks an a good day
> Andy
>

> --
> Sent from:
> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoNetwork-users-f3860293.html

*Vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,Jose García <http://www.geocat.net/>Veenderweg 136721 WD BennekomThe NetherlandsT: +31
<https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>
<https://plus.google.com/u/1/+GeocatNetbv/posts>Please consider the environment before printing this email.*

Vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,

Jose García

[Image removed by sender.]<http://www.geocat.net/>
Veenderweg 13
6721 WD Bennekom
The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)318 416664<tel:+31318416664>

[Image removed by sender.]<https://www.facebook.com/geocatbv> [Image removed by sender.] <https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>  [Image removed by sender.] <https://plus.google.com/u/1/+GeocatNetbv/posts>

image001.jpg (494 bytes) Download Attachment
image002.jpg (464 bytes) Download Attachment