FW: geonetwork metadata import problems

Craig von Hagen

Hi All,

I have geonetwork up and running on our server with windows 2003 server and apache.

When I try to batch import metadata, I get various errors such as ” Directory not found”; “Root element not set” or “SAX2 driver class org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser not found”

Do you know what the problem could be?

I am trying to batch import the metadata from my PC to the server.

Attached is an example of the metadata that was originally created using the ISO template in ArcCatalog.

Thanks

Craig

Craig von Hagen

FAO-SWALIM/GLCN/Africover Projects

Tel: +254 20 374 3454

Fax: +254 20 374 3498

Cell: +254 733 921964

www.faoswalim.org; www.africover.org;

www.glcn.org; www.glcn-lccs.org

sm-100k-ref-clip.xml (7K) Download Attachment

Re: FW: geonetwork metadata import problems

Jeroen Ticheler-3
Hi Craig,
Can you try the process from server to server (same machine) and see if the same problem occurs?
Ciao,
Jeroen

<sm-100k-ref-clip.xml>

RE: FW: geonetwork metadata import problems

Craig von Hagen

Yes it does. We tried straight on the server and it gives the same errors but “Root element not set” seems to occur more often if we try straight on the server..

Cheers

Craig

RE: FW: geonetwork metadata import problems

Craig von Hagen

Ok maybe its not this, cos when I look at the apache test page, I am able to see geonetwork running…do you think it’s the format of the ESRI xml file? I made sure to use the ISO template.

When we click the validate button in batch import we get the error “SAX2 driver class org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser not found:

When we leave the validate button unchecked, we get the ‘root element not set’ error.

Cheers

Craig

Re: ESRI metadata. Was: geonetwork metadata import problems

Jeroen Ticheler-3
Yes, I'm sure it is. The only way to import that correctly would be
to convert that input using an XSL transformation. I know some people
have been working on these XSL stylesheets to convert the ESRI XML
into ISO19115 DIS. If we would have such a file, it can be added to
the GeoNetwork installation and you can import them immediately. Anyone?
Ciao,
Jeroen