FW: Final Report of the Presidential Advisory Panel on Land Reform and Agriculture

FW: Final Report of the Presidential Advisory Panel on Land Reform and Agriculture

Aslam Parker-2

Dear colleagues

The  Final Report of the Presidential Advisory Panel on Land Reform and Agriculture is available at https://www.gov.za/sites/default/files/gcis_document/201907/panelreportlandreform_1.pdf

I would like to encourage everyone to  engage with this document, as its recommendations will have a profound effect on policy, legislative initiatives and the future of South Africa and economy.

We as Geomatics practitioners can either play a pivotal role and shape this evolving discussion or sit back and let events overtake us.

The summary of views on the very topical issue of expropriation of land without compensation is in Part 6, page 66 - 76.

The first recommendations, amongst many,  of the panel is a Consolidated Integrated Planning and Land Information System. The recommendation (for immediate action) requires that we develop a single, national data portal (Land  repository or Observatory) for all land related information as the first step towards developing infrastructure for the ultimate integration, holding and maintaining of all land rights records. Through this, begin to populate an integrated land e-cadastre with all other land-based information contained in separate government registers (water rights, land claims, mineral rights etc.). This establishes the foundation for a comprehensive land recordal and administration system, linked with a need for a reliable land audit.

Re: FW: Final Report of the Presidential Advisory Panel on Land Reform and Agriculture

Hester Badenhorst
Dear Colleagues

Thank you Aslam, for sharing the document.   It being a "Final Report", is it still open for comments and discussions from the public?  If yes, where can comments be lodged?

Kind regards,
Hester

PS, we are excited about the Position IT publication of an article on our ScoutMaster App -  land use survey  that was done for Ekurhuleni and Mogale City...check it out at  Position IT article

Hester Badenhorst (Spatial Analyst, BT&RP:UP)

SAPI Corporate Member: 12561
GISSA Member: YSXB-7421

Cell: 083 244 3837  -  Fax: 27112527219
Postnet Suite 402; Private Bag X025; Lynnwood Ridge; 0040

Landuse Survey App

  Click Click Survey Done!

ScoutMaster is a Web Mapping and Land use Survey application integrating mapping, data visualisation and project collaboration for land use survey teams in South Africa. ScoutMaster offers productivity tools for teams doing land use surveys in the Republic of South Africa.

Disclaimer
This e-mail is intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received it in error please notify us immediately by return e-mail or by telephone +27 (0)82 467 5110 and delete the e-mail. You may not copy, distribute, disclose or take any action in reliance on it. While we take reasonable precautions to minimise the risk of an attachment containing computer viruses this possibility still exists. We cannot accept liability for any damage which you may sustain as a result of a software virus. We recommend that you carry out your own virus checks before opening an attachment. We do not accept responsibility for any amendments made to any attached documents without our approval. We do not accept responsibility for private or personal messages e-mailed from our domain.