FOSS4GNA TGP Application

jody.garnett
Let me be the first to respond, since our event is prior to the April 19th deadline. With this in mind I request the conference committee review and approve our application by April 5th in time to assist our attendees. We will leave our call for applicants flexible to adjust the number of grants available based on your positive response.

1. LOC will provide funding, have some sponsor interest and will promote crowdfunding.

Initial budget is:
- $4000 LOC
- $3000 request from OSG TGP
- $3000 "planned" from additional sponsorship (but that is getting a bit late now)

We can add a crowdfunding button to our TGP page and/or registration. It will likely be a PayPal button going to OSGeo to keep things simple.

2. Full free conference passes will be made available to recipients.

Yes looking at the following (may be adjusted based on sponsorship):
- $0 grant, gratis ticket - aimed at local regions (primarily students)
- $250 grant, gratis ticket  and choice of gala or workshop ticket
- $1000 grant, gratis ticket  and choice of gala or workshop ticket

3. Estimate the anticipated number of grants and their size

- 10 x $0 grants
- 3-5 $1000 grants (depending on sponsorship response)
- 4-10 $250 grants (depending on sponsorship response)

Applications choose which grant to apply for, idea is to have more $250 grants available to encourage folks to apply to an appropriate amount they can make work.

4. Set out the broad criteria

No priority applied, we are balancing the following:

- diversity (to keep from bias just a checkbox asking folks if they identify as a minority visible or otherwise)
- assist those who could not other wise attend
- interested in geospatial student, professional enthusiast (those who can apply what they learn about open source at the event to their activities)
- interested in open source community (those who can apply what they learn about mapping at the event to their activities)
- interested in community building (those who can share their foss4g experience)
- interested in supporting those who make our community happen (look for particpatinon)

This is written up better in our document.

5. Team of 2-3 seeking assistance of CC members to jump start the selection process

Steven has offered to help, seeking an additional CC member to assist.

6. Accommodation options are listed on the website

We are refraining from recommending accommodation, website lists nearby neighbourhoods for airbnb stays.

7. Outline how travel grants are paid

Following advice from OSGeo treasurer we will look to provide cash cards to applicants upon registration at the event.

For additional details / discussion please see (live document so your feedback welcome)

--
Jody Garnett

Re: FOSS4GNA TGP Application

tadams
Dear Jody,

your application is received. As far as I see, there are no time-related
critical blockers, because we have to wait until the deadline of our call.

We will come back to you

Thanks, Till ;-)

Am 25.03.19 um 21:45 schrieb Jody Garnett:

> [...]
> learn about mapping at the event to their activities)
> - interested in community building (those who can share their foss4g
> experience)
> - interested in supporting those who make our community happen (look for
> particpatinon)
>
> This is written up better in our document.
>
> 5. Team of 2-3 seeking assistance of CC members to jump start the
> selection process
>
> Steven has offered to help, seeking an additional CC member to assist.
>
> 6. Accommodation options are listed on the website
>
> We are refraining from recommending accommodation, website lists nearby
> neighbourhoods for airbnb stays.
>
> 7. Outline how travel grants are paid
>
> Following advice from OSGeo treasurer we will look to provide cash cards
> to applicants upon registration at the event.
>
> For additional details / discussion please see (live document so your

SHOGun - das WebGIS Framework.
Jetzt umsteigen! QGIS 3 ist verfügbar.

Mail: [hidden email]
Tel.: +49 (0)228 - 962 899 52

terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
Kölnstraße 99
53111 Bonn

Tel.: +49 (0)228 - 962 899 51
Fax.: +49 (0)228 - 962 899 57

Internet: www.terrestris.de

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6835

Komplementärin: terrestris Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH vertreten durch:
Torsten Brassat, Marc Jansen, Hinrich Paulsen, Till Adams

Informationen über Ihre gespeicherten Daten finden Sie auf unserer
Homepage unter folgendem Link:
https://www.terrestris.de/datenschutzerklaerung/

Re: FOSS4GNA TGP Application

jody.garnett
In that case I need to withdraw as your deadline is after this event.  I have been asking for help here for some weeks.

@Steven, I totally agree.