FOSS4G2019: State of GRASS GIS kind of presentation

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

FOSS4G2019: State of GRASS GIS kind of presentation

Vasile Crăciunescu
Dear GRASS GIS developers,

FOSS4G 2019 Bucharest is just around the corner and the first clear sign
is the imminent approach of the call for talks/workshops closing date.
Monday, the 15th is the last day when you can send your contribution to
the 2019 global FOSS4G. We have received great submissions so far and,
of course, a number of them are focused on GRASS GIS. However, as the
global FOSS4G is the OSGeo flagship event, the BLOC would be delighted
to have all OSGeo projects represented in the general track program,
with the 'State of GRASS GIS' kind of talk. If you plan to attend the
Bucharest event this year, please consider to submit such a talk [1].
Please let me know if more time is required.

Warm regards,
Vasile
Chair, FOSS4G 2019

[1] https://2019.foss4g.org/call-for-papers/general-sessions/
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FOSS4G2019: State of GRASS GIS kind of presentation

Markus Neteler
Dear Vasile,

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 7:48 PM Vasile Craciunescu
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Dear GRASS GIS developers,
>
> FOSS4G 2019 Bucharest is just around the corner and the first clear sign
> is the imminent approach of the call for talks/workshops closing date.
> Monday, the 15th is the last day when you can send your contribution to
> the 2019 global FOSS4G. We have received great submissions so far and,
> of course, a number of them are focused on GRASS GIS. However, as the
> global FOSS4G is the OSGeo flagship event, the BLOC would be delighted
> to have all OSGeo projects represented in the general track program,
> with the 'State of GRASS GIS' kind of talk. If you plan to attend the
> Bucharest event this year, please consider to submit such a talk [1].
> Please let me know if more time is required.

Talk submitted right now!

Best regards,
Markus and the GRASS Dev Team

> Warm regards,
> Vasile
> Chair, FOSS4G 2019
>
> [1] https://2019.foss4g.org/call-for-papers/general-sessions/
> _______________________________________________
> grass-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FOSS4G2019: State of GRASS GIS kind of presentation

Markus Neteler
Hi,

I am starting to prepare our talk

"State of GRASS GIS Project: 35 years is nothing!"
https://talks.2019.foss4g.org/bucharest/talk/W3LWDV/

and would like to collect your ideas for that.

Of course
- Python 3 support
- SVN to git migration
- ...

The "floor" here is open for your suggestions!

thanks
Markus
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FOSS4G2019: State of GRASS GIS kind of presentation

Veronica Andreo
Hi :)

We now can add the link (and screenshots) to the new website draft (https://nbozon.github.io/GRASS-GIS/), call for feedback and collaboration with adding content and the link to the crowdfunding

Pietro's grass-session was already introduced no?

I'll keep thinking what else...

Vero


El lun., 12 ago. 2019 a las 16:53, Markus Neteler (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Hi,

I am starting to prepare our talk

"State of GRASS GIS Project: 35 years is nothing!"
https://talks.2019.foss4g.org/bucharest/talk/W3LWDV/

and would like to collect your ideas for that.

Of course
- Python 3 support
- SVN to git migration
- ...

The "floor" here is open for your suggestions!

thanks
Markus
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev

_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FOSS4G2019: State of GRASS GIS kind of presentation

Moritz Lennert
In reply to this post by Markus Neteler
On 12/08/19 16:52, Markus Neteler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am starting to prepare our talk
>
> "State of GRASS GIS Project: 35 years is nothing!"
> https://talks.2019.foss4g.org/bucharest/talk/W3LWDV/
>
> and would like to collect your ideas for that.
>
> Of course
> - Python 3 support
> - SVN to git migration
> - ...
>
> The "floor" here is open for your suggestions!

Is the 2018 presentation available somewhere ? Just to get an idea what
was already presented then ?

Some ideas:

- the work that has been done on all the remote sensing related modules
(Sentinel, OBIA, etc).
- r.buildvrt (plus maybe some other efforts for "Big Data" / parallel
computing)
- PROJ v.5/6 integration
- v.overlay and v.select (already in 7.4 IIRC) speedups and improvements
- ZSTD compression
- segment library all-in-memory cache
- Docker images

...

Moritz



_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FOSS4G2019: State of GRASS GIS kind of presentation

Martin Landa
út 13. 8. 2019 v 16:18 odesílatel Moritz Lennert
<[hidden email]> napsal:
> - the work that has been done on all the remote sensing related modules
> (Sentinel, OBIA, etc).
> - r.buildvrt (plus maybe some other efforts for "Big Data" / parallel
> computing)
> - PROJ v.5/6 integration
> - v.overlay and v.select (already in 7.4 IIRC) speedups and improvements
> - ZSTD compression
> - segment library all-in-memory cache
> - Docker images

maybe band references concept [1]

Ma

[1] https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/63

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
http://gismentors.cz/mentors/landa
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FOSS4G2019: State of GRASS GIS kind of presentation

wenzeslaus
In reply to this post by Markus Neteler


On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 10:53 AM Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am starting to prepare our talk

"State of GRASS GIS Project: 35 years is nothing!"
https://talks.2019.foss4g.org/bucharest/talk/W3LWDV/

Hi Markus,

I think in abstract you already list all things I presented in my two recent presentations, but perhaps you can use some images (but you will sure recognize some of them!):


Vero, I would like to see the "Try GRASS GIS" on the website (we can talk about in a separate thread).

However, it might be useful to mention them also in the talk.


Vaclav



and would like to collect your ideas for that.

Of course
- Python 3 support
- SVN to git migration
- ...

The "floor" here is open for your suggestions!

thanks
Markus
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev

_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FOSS4G2019: State of GRASS GIS kind of presentation

Veronica Andreo
Hola Vashek,

El jue., 15 ago. 2019 a las 3:41, Vaclav Petras (<[hidden email]>) escribió:


On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 10:53 AM Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am starting to prepare our talk

"State of GRASS GIS Project: 35 years is nothing!"
https://talks.2019.foss4g.org/bucharest/talk/W3LWDV/

Hi Markus,

I think in abstract you already list all things I presented in my two recent presentations, but perhaps you can use some images (but you will sure recognize some of them!):


Vero, I would like to see the "Try GRASS GIS" on the website (we can talk about in a separate thread).
 
Yes! This would be cool! Maybe we can start a thread on this in the grass-web list. Anyway, I'll keep it in mind for the f2f meeting with Nick.

Cheers,
Vero


_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FOSS4G2019: State of GRASS GIS kind of presentation

Markus Neteler
In reply to this post by Moritz Lennert
On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 4:18 PM Moritz Lennert
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> On 12/08/19 16:52, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am starting to prepare our talk
> >
> > "State of GRASS GIS Project: 35 years is nothing!"
> > https://talks.2019.foss4g.org/bucharest/talk/W3LWDV/
> >
> > and would like to collect your ideas for that.
> >
> > Of course
> > - Python 3 support
> > - SVN to git migration
> > - ...
> >
> > The "floor" here is open for your suggestions!
>
> Is the 2018 presentation available somewhere ? Just to get an idea what
> was already presented then ?

Yes, it is here:
https://data.neteler.org/tmp/2018_foss4g_dar_grass74_news.odp

> Some ideas:
>
> - the work that has been done on all the remote sensing related modules
> (Sentinel, OBIA, etc).
> - r.buildvrt (plus maybe some other efforts for "Big Data" / parallel computing)
> - PROJ v.5/6 integration
> - v.overlay and v.select (already in 7.4 IIRC) speedups and improvements
> - ZSTD compression
> - segment library all-in-memory cache
> - Docker images

thanks for all your ideas (also the the others).

At some point I'll wish to receive cool screenshots :)

thanks
Markus
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev