FOSS4G-eu 2017 dates

stevenfeldman
Hi

Great to hear that Paris will be hosting FOSS4G-eu next year https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-eu_2017

Are your dates fixed (16-22 July 2017) or is there any opportunity to move them forward slightly to end May or early June? The current dates are only 3 weeks before the global FOSS4G in Boston in August which could present a problem for some of us who had hoped to attend both events.

Cheers
______
Steven

Re: FOSS4G-eu 2017 dates

Luca Delucchi
On 11 October 2016 at 10:23, Steven Feldman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi

Hi,

> Great to hear that Paris will be hosting FOSS4G-eu next year
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-eu_2017
>
> Are your dates fixed (16-22 July 2017) or is there any opportunity to move
> them forward slightly to end May or early June? The current dates are only 3
> weeks before the global FOSS4G in Boston in August which could present a
> problem for some of us who had hoped to attend both events.

I agree, if it possible I also prefer to move FOSS4G-eu in early June

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org

Re: FOSS4G-eu 2017 dates

Kari Salovaara

for many of those ccoming to meeting far away, even from Europe, spreading meetings all over the calendar is difficult and expensive. Sometimes not even not possible to take part at all as these trips are done on your holidays. The chosen dates fit well into to this "strategy".
If there is one or two weeks between the meetings that's ok and the price for the trip is same all the time and doesn't change even the meeting would be in May (possibly more expensive if you have to use your own time).

But if these meetings should only be for central European insiders, that's also ok.

Cheers,
Kari

11.10.2016, 11:23, Steven Feldman kirjoitti:
Hi

Great to hear that Paris will be hosting FOSS4G-eu next year https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-eu_2017

Are your dates fixed (16-22 July 2017) or is there any opportunity to move them forward slightly to end May or early June? The current dates are only 3 weeks before the global FOSS4G in Boston in August which could present a problem for some of us who had hoped to attend both events.

Cheers
______
Steven

Re: FOSS4G-eu 2017 dates

dirkf
I agree with Kari,

Dirk

On 11/10/2016 10:39, Kari Salovaara wrote:

> Hi,
>
> for many of those ccoming to meeting far away, even from Europe,
> spreading meetings all over the calendar is difficult and expensive.
> Sometimes not even not possible to take part at all as these trips are
> done on your holidays. The chosen dates fit well into to this "strategy".
> If there is one or two weeks between the meetings that's ok and the
> price for the trip is same all the time and doesn't change even the
> meeting would be in May (possibly more expensive if you have to use your
> own time).
>
> But if these meetings should only be for central European insiders,
> that's also ok.
>
> Cheers,
> Kari
>
> 11.10.2016, 11:23, Steven Feldman kirjoitti:
>> Hi
>>
>> Great to hear that Paris will be hosting FOSS4G-eu next
>> year https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-eu_2017
>>
>> Are your dates fixed (16-22 July 2017) or is there any opportunity to
>> move them forward slightly to end May or early June? The current dates
>> are only 3 weeks before the global FOSS4G in Boston in August which
>> could present a problem for some of us who had hoped to attend both
>> events.
>>
>> Cheers
>> ______
>> Steven

Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO @geosparc

Geosparc n.v.
Brugsesteenweg 587
B-9030 Ghent
Tel: +32 9 236 60 18
GSM: +32 495 508 799

http://www.geomajas.org
http://www.geosparc.com

@DFrigne
be.linkedin.com/in/frigne

Re: FOSS4G-eu 2017 dates

Fenoy Gerald
Hi Steven,
thanks for your question about the FOSS4G-Europe organisation.

It is difficult to change the dates due to availability of low-cost venue kindly provided by IGN. Please understand that it is very difficult to change the dates now as we have already reserved the venue and are proceeding with other preparations.

Please, note the dates are from July 18 to 22, so the event is not starting from 16 as you mentioned in your previous email.

I do hope that many of the FOSS4G enthusiasts will be able to attend both FOSS4G-Europe and FOSS4G in Boston, just like I am planning to do!

Best regards,

> Le 11 oct. 2016 à 10:23, Steven Feldman <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi
>
> Great to hear that Paris will be hosting FOSS4G-eu next year https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-eu_2017
>
> Are your dates fixed (16-22 July 2017) or is there any opportunity to move them forward slightly to end May or early June? The current dates are only 3 weeks before the global FOSS4G in Boston in August which could present a problem for some of us who had hoped to attend both events.
>
> Cheers
> ______
> Steven

Gérald Fenoy