FOSS4G UK 2019 call for talks and workshops now open

FOSS4G UK 2019 call for talks and workshops now open

Fiona Hemsley-Flint-2

We're pleased to announce that the FOSS4G UK <a href="tel:2019">2019 call for talks and workshops is now open.  http://uk.osgeo.org/foss4guk2019/talks_workshops.html

This year FOSS4G UK will be at Dynamic Earth in Edinburgh from the 18th to 21st September, with the main conference on the 19th and 20th. This is a friendly, relaxed conference where we discuss all things free, open source and geo-related.

Talks
If you have something interesting you'd like to share with the community about your use of free and open source software in the world of Geospatial, then we'd love to hear from you, we welcome submissions from any subject areas, and have slots available for 20 minute talks (talk proposals should be 500 words max).
Submit your talk here: http://tinyurl.com/foss4g-talk-proposal

Workshops
If you would like to lead a workshop, we will be running two parallel workshop sessions during the main conference. Proposals can be from shorter hands-on demo sessions to whole-day in-depth tutorials. We will select proposals to create a varied programme.
Submit your workshop here: http://tinyurl.com/foss4g-workshop-proposal

Unconference
There will also be an opportunity during the conference itself to contribute to an 'unconference' session - this is likely to be an informal session of lightning-style talks (more details closer to the event).

Closing
The closing date for submissions for both talks and workshops is the 30th April. We look forward to hearing from you!

FOSS4G UK <a href="tel:2019">2019 organising committee

Re: FOSS4G UK 2019 call for talks and workshops now open

Ian Turton
This is a little unclear to me, are the workshops on the 18th or the 21st or during the main conference (19th/20th) - if not on the 18th or the 20th what is happening on those days?

Ian

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 at 09:12, Fiona Hemsley-Flint <[hidden email]> wrote:

We're pleased to announce that the FOSS4G UK <a href="tel:2019" target="_blank">2019 call for talks and workshops is now open.  http://uk.osgeo.org/foss4guk2019/talks_workshops.html

[...]

FOSS4G UK <a href="tel:2019" target="_blank">2019 organising committee

Ian Turton

Re: FOSS4G UK 2019 call for talks and workshops now open

McDonaldR

18th is an icebreaker type event the evening before for folk who have arrived in Edinburgh early (optional)

19th – 20th is main conference for talks and workshops run in parallel

21st is codesprint (optional, no talk or workshop slots)

[...]

This message is strictly confidential. If you have received this in error, please inform the sender and remove it from your system. If received in error you may not copy, print, forward or use it or any attachment in any way. This message is not capable of creating a legal contract or a binding representation and does not represent the views of Angus Council. Emails may be monitored for security and network management reasons. Messages containing inappropriate content may be intercepted. Angus Council does not accept any liability for any harm that may be caused to the recipient system or data on it by this message or any attachment.

Re: FOSS4G UK 2019 call for talks and workshops now open

Yakus
Hi Ian

Ice breaker on the 18th
Main conference (inc workshops) 19th & 20th
Code sprint 21st

Matt