FOSS4G UK 2018 : We need you!

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

FOSS4G UK 2018 : We need you!

James Milner

Hello all,


After a bit of convincing from Steven in Boston, I now have some exciting news that I want to share with you all. I'm happy to announce that FOSS4G UK will be taking place on the 8th and 9th of March at the Geovation Hub, London! The event will be similar to FOSS4G 2016 which happened in Southampton, probably with some changes allowing for the difference in venues and room sizes. I will be chairing the committee along with Tom Chadwin as co-chair.


Organising Committee


We are still formalising the organising committee, and there are still some roles that need filling, namely:


  • Workshop Coordinator - Make sure workshops go smoothly for all involved
  • Marketing and Social Media Coordinator - Help promote FOSS4G UK 2018 across various channels, manage the Twitter account for the event
  • Head of Social Affairs - Arguably one of the most important roles; help organise the after party on the Thursday!
  • Swag Coordinator - Help organise t-shirt, sticker and banner printing for the event
  • Volunteers - We'll need some help on the day with stewarding and moving things around

Please let me know if you think you'd be a good fit for any of these. If you have another idea for making FOSS4G UK 2018 a great event please get in touch.


Codesprint

In order for the codesprint happen we need a Code Sprint Coordinator to step forward. They will help find a venue and coordinate food/drink for a codesprint on the Saturday. I'm happy to work with this person as I'd really like to see this happen myself!

If you have an office/space you can lend us on the Saturday please get in touch.

Website

Here is the website for the event, it's mostly just holding for now but we will be using it as a central point of information going forward:


http://uk.osgeo.org/foss4guk2018/


Contact


If you're interested in getting involved, or have any general queries please email me ([hidden email]) and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. 


Sponsors


Finally, the event will not be possible without sponsorship. If you or your company are interested in being part of making FOSS4G UK 2018 a success, please contact sponsorship coordinator Max Stephan ([hidden email]) or myself directly. 


-------------


It's still early stages so the details will start coming together in the next couple of months. I'll post an update when we have more specifics and news to share with you all. In the mean time keep an eye on the website as I'll be aiming to keep that updated directly.


All the best,


James


James Milner
loxodrome.io


_______________________________________________
UK mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/uk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

FOSS4G UK 2018 : We need you!

James Milner

Hello all,


EDIT: Sending this again as this didn't work the first time?


After a bit of convincing from Steven in Boston, I now have some exciting news that I want to share with you all. I'm happy to announce that FOSS4G UK will be taking place on the 8th and 9th of March at the Geovation Hub, London! The event will be similar to FOSS4G 2016 which happened in Southampton, probably with some changes allowing for the difference in venues and room sizes. I will be chairing the committee along with Tom Chadwin as co-chair.


Organising Committee


We are still formalising the organising committee, and there are still some roles that need filling, namely:


  • Workshop Coordinator - Make sure workshops go smoothly for all involved
  • Marketing and Social Media Coordinator - Help promote FOSS4G UK 2018 across various channels, manage the Twitter account for the event
  • Head of Social Affairs - Arguably one of the most important roles; help organise the after party on the Thursday!
  • Swag Coordinator - Help organise t-shirt, sticker and banner printing for the event
  • Volunteers - We'll need some help on the day with stewarding and moving things around

Please let me know if you think you'd be a good fit for any of these. If you have another idea for making FOSS4G UK 2018 a great event please get in touch.


Codesprint

In order for the codesprint happen we need a Code Sprint Coordinator to step forward. They will help find a venue and coordinate food/drink for a codesprint on the Saturday. I'm happy to work with this person as I'd really like to see this happen myself!

If you have an office/space you can lend us on the Saturday please get in touch.

Website

Here is the website for the event, it's mostly just holding for now but we will be using it as a central point of information going forward:


http://uk.osgeo.org/foss4guk2018/


Contact


If you're interested in getting involved, or have any general queries please email me ([hidden email]) and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. 


Sponsors


Finally, the event will not be possible without sponsorship. If you or your company are interested in being part of making FOSS4G UK 2018 a success, please contact sponsorship coordinator Max Stephan ([hidden email]) or myself directly. 


-------------


It's still early stages so the details will start coming together in the next couple of months. I'll post an update when we have more specifics and news to share with you all. In the mean time keep an eye on the website as I'll be aiming to keep that updated directly.


All the best,


James


James Milner
loxodrome.io


_______________________________________________
UK mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/uk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

FOSS4G UK 2018 : We need you!

james-4

Hello all,


EDIT: I sent this this morning, but unfortunately didn't go to the mailing list for whatever reason. Sending this again from my other email.


After a bit of convincing from Steven in Boston, I now have some exciting news that I want to share with you all. I'm happy to announce that FOSS4G UK will be taking place on the 8th and 9th of March at the Geovation Hub, London! The event will be similar to FOSS4G 2016 which happened in Southampton, probably with some changes allowing for the difference in venues and room sizes. I will be chairing the committee along with Tom Chadwin as co-chair.


Organising Committee


We are still formalising the organising committee, and there are still some roles that need filling, namely:


  • Workshop Coordinator - Make sure workshops go smoothly for all involved
  • Marketing and Social Media Coordinator - Help promote FOSS4G UK 2018 across various channels, manage the Twitter account for the event
  • Head of Social Affairs - Arguably one of the most important roles; help organise the after party on the Thursday!
  • Swag Coordinator - Help organise t-shirt, sticker and banner printing for the event
  • Volunteers - We'll need some help on the day with stewarding and moving things around

Please let me know if you think you'd be a good fit for any of these. If you have another idea for making FOSS4G UK 2018 a great event please get in touch.


Codesprint

In order for the codesprint happen we need a Code Sprint Coordinator to step forward. They will help find a venue and coordinate food/drink for a codesprint on the Saturday. I'm happy to work with this person as I'd really like to see this happen myself!

If you have an office/space you can lend us on the Saturday please get in touch.

Website

Here is the website for the event, it's mostly just holding for now but we will be using it as a central point of information going forward:


http://uk.osgeo.org/foss4guk2018/


Contact


If you're interested in getting involved, or have any general queries please email me ([hidden email]) and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. 


Sponsors


Finally, the event will not be possible without sponsorship. If you or your company are interested in being part of making FOSS4G UK 2018 a success, please contact sponsorship coordinator Max Stephan ([hidden email]) or myself directly. 


-------------


It's still early stages so the details will start coming together in the next couple of months. I'll post an update when we have more specifics and news to share with you all. In the mean time keep an eye on the website as I'll be aiming to keep that updated directly.


All the best,


James


James Milner
loxodrome.io


_______________________________________________
UK mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/uk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FOSS4G UK 2018 : We need you!

jmckenna
Administrator
Thanks for sharing this James!  Huge news!  By the way, if you ever have
a problem with an OSGeo mailing list (or any OSGeo infrastructure), just
ping me directly (or @mapserving on Twitter), as I can fix likely
whatever issue you are having.  thanks.  -jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
President Emeritus, OSGeo Foundation
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Jeff_McKenna



On 2017-09-22 11:33 AM, James Milner wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>
> EDIT: I sent this this morning, but unfortunately didn't go to the
> mailing list for whatever reason. Sending this again from my other email.
>
>
> After a bit of convincing from Steven in Boston, I now have some
> exciting news that I want to share with you all. I'm happy to announce
> that FOSS4G UK will be taking place on the 8th and 9th of March at the
> Geovation Hub, London! The event will be similar to FOSS4G 2016 which
> happened in Southampton, probably with some changes allowing for the
> difference in venues and room sizes. I will be chairing the
> committee along with Tom Chadwin as co-chair.
>
> *
> *
>
> *Organising Committee *
>
>
> We are still formalising the organising committee, and there are still
> some roles that need filling, namely:
>
>
>   * *Workshop Coordinator* - Make sure workshops go smoothly for all
>     involved
>   * *Marketing and Social Media Coordinator* - Help promote FOSS4G UK
>     2018 across various channels, manage the Twitter account for the event
>   * *Head of Social Affairs *- Arguably one of the most important roles;
>     help organise the after party on the Thursday!
>   * *Swag Coordinator *- Help organise t-shirt, sticker and banner
>     printing for the event
>   * *Volunteers - *We'll need some help on the day with stewarding and
>     moving things around
>
>
> Please let me know if you think you'd be a good fit for any of these. If
> you have another idea for making FOSS4G UK 2018 a great event please get
> in touch.
>
>
> *Codesprint*
>
> In order for the codesprint happen we need a *Code Sprint Coordinator*
> to step forward. They will help find a venue and coordinate food/drink
> for a codesprint on the Saturday. I'm happy to work with this person as
> I'd really like to see this happen myself!
>
> If you have an *office/space you can lend us on the Saturday *please get
> in touch.
>
> *Website*
>
> Here is the website for the event, it's mostly just holding for now but
> we will be using it as a central point of information going forward:
>
>
> http://uk.osgeo.org/foss4guk2018/
>
> *
> *
>
> *Contact*
>
>
> If you're interested in getting involved, or have any general queries
> please email me ([hidden email]) and I'll get back to you as
> soon as possible.
>
> *
> *
>
> *Sponsors*
>
>
> Finally, the event will not be possible without sponsorship. If you or
> your company are interested in being part of making FOSS4G UK 2018 a
> success, please contact sponsorship coordinator Max Stephan
> ([hidden email]) or myself directly.
>
>
> -------------
>
>
> It's still early stages so the details will start coming together in the
> next couple of months. I'll post an update when we have more specifics
> and news to share with you all. In the mean time keep an eye on the
> website as I'll be aiming to keep that updated directly.
>
>
> All the best,
>
>
> James
>
>
> James Milner
> loxodrome.io <http://www.loxodrome.io>
>
>
_______________________________________________
UK mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/uk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FOSS4G UK 2018 : We need you!

jmckenna
Administrator
In reply to this post by james-4
James I checked the mailing list and you are subscribed for the
following addresses: jamesmilner22(at)hotmail.com and
james(at)loxodrome.io  Just let me know if you ever need me to remove
one address etc.  K, carry on, and have a great FOSS4G event!!!!  (it's
in my calendar)  -jeff


--
Jeff McKenna
President Emeritus, OSGeo Foundation
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Jeff_McKenna



On 2017-09-22 11:33 AM, James Milner wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>
> EDIT: I sent this this morning, but unfortunately didn't go to the
> mailing list for whatever reason. Sending this again from my other email.
>
>
> After a bit of convincing from Steven in Boston, I now have some
> exciting news that I want to share with you all. I'm happy to announce
> that FOSS4G UK will be taking place on the 8th and 9th of March at the
> Geovation Hub, London! The event will be similar to FOSS4G 2016 which
> happened in Southampton, probably with some changes allowing for the
> difference in venues and room sizes. I will be chairing the
> committee along with Tom Chadwin as co-chair.
>
> *
> *
>
> *Organising Committee *
>
>
> We are still formalising the organising committee, and there are still
> some roles that need filling, namely:
>
>
>   * *Workshop Coordinator* - Make sure workshops go smoothly for all
>     involved
>   * *Marketing and Social Media Coordinator* - Help promote FOSS4G UK
>     2018 across various channels, manage the Twitter account for the event
>   * *Head of Social Affairs *- Arguably one of the most important roles;
>     help organise the after party on the Thursday!
>   * *Swag Coordinator *- Help organise t-shirt, sticker and banner
>     printing for the event
>   * *Volunteers - *We'll need some help on the day with stewarding and
>     moving things around
>
>
> Please let me know if you think you'd be a good fit for any of these. If
> you have another idea for making FOSS4G UK 2018 a great event please get
> in touch.
>
>
> *Codesprint*
>
> In order for the codesprint happen we need a *Code Sprint Coordinator*
> to step forward. They will help find a venue and coordinate food/drink
> for a codesprint on the Saturday. I'm happy to work with this person as
> I'd really like to see this happen myself!
>
> If you have an *office/space you can lend us on the Saturday *please get
> in touch.
>
> *Website*
>
> Here is the website for the event, it's mostly just holding for now but
> we will be using it as a central point of information going forward:
>
>
> http://uk.osgeo.org/foss4guk2018/
>
> *
> *
>
> *Contact*
>
>
> If you're interested in getting involved, or have any general queries
> please email me ([hidden email]) and I'll get back to you as
> soon as possible.
>
> *
> *
>
> *Sponsors*
>
>
> Finally, the event will not be possible without sponsorship. If you or
> your company are interested in being part of making FOSS4G UK 2018 a
> success, please contact sponsorship coordinator Max Stephan
> ([hidden email]) or myself directly.
>
>
> -------------
>
>
> It's still early stages so the details will start coming together in the
> next couple of months. I'll post an update when we have more specifics
> and news to share with you all. In the mean time keep an eye on the
> website as I'll be aiming to keep that updated directly.
>
>
> All the best,
>
>
> James
>
>
> James Milner
> loxodrome.io <http://www.loxodrome.io>
>
>
_______________________________________________
UK mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/uk