EDIT: This didn't send for some bizzare reason. Hopefully this works!
After a bit of convincing from Steven in Boston, I now have some exciting news that I want to share with you all. I'm happy to announce that FOSS4G UK will be taking place on the 8th and 9th of March at the Geovation Hub, London! The event will be similar to
FOSS4G 2016 which happened in Southampton, probably with some changes allowing for the difference in venues and room sizes. I will be chairing the committee along with Tom Chadwin as co-chair.
We are still formalising the organising committee, and there are still some roles that need filling, namely:
* Workshop Coordinator - Make sure workshops go smoothly for all involved
* Marketing and Social Media Coordinator - Help promote FOSS4G UK 2018 across various channels, manage the Twitter account for the event
* Head of Social Affairs - Arguably one of the most important roles; help organise the after party on the Thursday!
* Swag Coordinator - Help organise t-shirt, sticker and banner printing for the event
* Volunteers - We'll need some help on the day with stewarding and moving things around
Please let me know if you think you'd be a good fit for any of these. If you have another idea for making FOSS4G UK 2018 a great event please get in touch.
In order for the codesprint happen we need a Code Sprint Coordinator to step forward. They will help find a venue and coordinate food/drink for a codesprint on the Saturday. I'm happy to work with this person as I'd really like to see this happen myself!
If you have an office/space you can lend us on the Saturday please get in touch.
Here is the website for the event, it's mostly just holding for now but we will be using it as a central point of information going forward:
If you're interested in getting involved, or have any general queries please email me ([hidden email]) and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Finally, the event will not be possible without sponsorship. If you or your company are interested in being part of making FOSS4G UK 2018 a success, please contact sponsorship coordinator Max Stephan ([hidden email]) or myself directly.
It's still early stages so the details will start coming together in the next couple of months. I'll post an update when we have more specifics and news to share with you all. In the mean time keep an eye on the website as I'll be aiming to keep that updated