FOSS4G UK 2018 : We need you!

james-4
Hello all,

EDIT: Sending this again as this didn't work the first time?

After a bit of convincing from Steven in Boston, I now have some
exciting news that I want to share with you all. I'm happy to announce
that FOSS4G UK will be taking place on the 8th and 9th of March at the
Geovation Hub, London! The event will be similar to FOSS4G 2016 which
happened in Southampton, probably with some changes allowing for the
difference in venues and room sizes. I will be chairing the committee
along with Tom Chadwin as co-chair.

Organising Committee

We are still formalising the organising committee, and there are still
some roles that need filling, namely:

* Workshop Coordinator - Make sure workshops go smoothly for all
involved
* Marketing and Social Media Coordinator - Help promote FOSS4G UK 2018
across various channels, manage the Twitter account for the event
* Head of Social Affairs - Arguably one of the most important roles;
help organise the after party on the Thursday!
* Swag Coordinator - Help organise t-shirt, sticker and banner printing
for the event
* Volunteers - We'll need some help on the day with stewarding and
moving things around

Please let me know if you think you'd be a good fit for any of these. If
you have another idea for making FOSS4G UK 2018 a great event please get
in touch.

Codesprint

In order for the codesprint happen we need a Code Sprint Coordinator to
step forward. They will help find a venue and coordinate food/drink for
a codesprint on the Saturday. I'm happy to work with this person as I'd
really like to see this happen myself!

If you have an office/space you can lend us on the Saturday please get
in touch.

Website

Here is the website for the event, it's mostly just holding for now but
we will be using it as a central point of information going forward:

https://uk.osgeo.org/foss4guk2018/

Contact

If you're interested in getting involved, or have any general queries
please email me ([hidden email]) and I'll get back to you as
soon as possible.

Sponsors

Finally, the event will not be possible without sponsorship. If you or
your company are interested in being part of making FOSS4G UK 2018 a
success, please contact sponsorship coordinator Max Stephan
([hidden email]) or myself directly.

It's still early stages so the details will start coming together in the
next couple of months. I'll post an update when we have more specifics
and news to share with you all. In the mean time keep an eye on the
website as I'll be aiming to keep that updated directly.

All the best,

James

James Milner
https://loxodrome.io