FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2020 Committee Meeting Notes 2020 09 15

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2020 Committee Meeting Notes 2020 09 15

Jonah Sullivan

Thanks for attending the meeting this afternoon. The meeting notes are below, or at this link.

There are a lot of actions to enable the hub managers, these are high-priority.

2020 09 15 meeting notes

Teleconference Link https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82291948965

Attendees

  • Julie Callebaut

  • Greg Lauer

  • Namaia Koto

  • Salote Baleisuva

  • Lanieta Rokotuiwakaya

  • Dan Lomata

  • Litia Gaunavou

Apologies


Actions

  • ACTION: Finance Committee to centralise Hub Ticketing

    • create Tito events  (populated with event details for each hub by hub managers)

  • ACTION: Program Committee to compile names and details for potential presenters

  • ACTION: Program Committee develop program details

    • How many presenters

    • How long (2-4 hours)

    • Recorded or live

    • Time of day

  • ACTION: Media Committee to develop Hubs Announcement media release

    • Announce event

    • Announce hub locations

    • Announce map gallery

  • ACTION: Media Committee to update website map with each hub

  • ACTION: Media Committee to move Sponsorship part of the website to each hub

  • ACTION: Program Committee to centralise Map Gallery call for entries 

  • ACTION: Program Committee to centralise call for presentations

  • ACTION: LOC to reconfigure the prospectus for the hubs to use

Agenda

  • Event added to OSGeo Events Website

    • Request for code sprint event (2-3 days)

  • Media Committee

    • [Salote, Nemaia, Edwin]

    • Conference Website

    • ACTION: Media Committee to edit map pins and logo to include OSGeo Ribbon

    • ACTION: Media Committee to edit announcement to include map gallery and change the call for presentations to instead say there will be an upcoming call for presentations

    • ACTION: media committee to provision MailChimp access for each hub

    • https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania

      • Conference organising email list

  • Finance Committee

    • [Litia and Saleshni]

    • OSGeo Oceania has earmarked AUD$2,500

    • Budget Link

    • Sponsorship money will be required to support swag/venues/catering

    • Good Mojo

    • Sponsorship vehicle identification (shirts, digital wrapping, etc.)

    • Print on Demand

      • Hub organiser or participants can order swag to be printed/delivered

  • Program Committee

    • [Jonah, Lanieta, Julie, Edwin]

    • Map Gallery

      • Prize?

    • General-interest content, still focussed on FOSS4G

    • Potential Speaker List, suggestion from David: need to have more Indigenous Pasifika keynote speakers in the list

    • Potential speakers from ANZMaps Conference:

    • Program 2 hours - 6 x 20 min slots (15 min speak/5 min questions)

  • Hub Logistics Committee

  • Next Meeting

    • 29 September 2020


_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2020 Committee Meeting Notes 2020 09 15

Edwin Liava'a
Greetings Team,

Find latest updates on website with Nemaia's a nice version of the
conference logo https://2020.foss4g-oceania.org/

cheers,

Edwin

On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 at 16:02, Jonah Sullivan <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Thanks for attending the meeting this afternoon. The meeting notes are below, or at this link.
>
> There are a lot of actions to enable the hub managers, these are high-priority.
>
> 2020 09 15 meeting notes
>
> Teleconference Link https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82291948965
>
> Attendees
>
> Julie Callebaut
>
> Greg Lauer
>
> Namaia Koto
>
> Salote Baleisuva
>
> Lanieta Rokotuiwakaya
>
> Dan Lomata
>
> Litia Gaunavou
>
> Apologies
>
>
> Actions
>
> ACTION: Finance Committee to centralise Hub Ticketing
>
> create Tito events  (populated with event details for each hub by hub managers)
>
> ACTION: Program Committee to compile names and details for potential presenters
>
> ACTION: Program Committee develop program details
>
> How many presenters
>
> How long (2-4 hours)
>
> Recorded or live
>
> Time of day
>
> ACTION: Media Committee to develop Hubs Announcement media release
>
> Announce event
>
> Announce hub locations
>
> Announce map gallery
>
> ACTION: Media Committee to update website map with each hub
>
> ACTION: Media Committee to move Sponsorship part of the website to each hub
>
> ACTION: Program Committee to centralise Map Gallery call for entries
>
> ACTION: Program Committee to centralise call for presentations
>
> ACTION: LOC to reconfigure the prospectus for the hubs to use
>
> Agenda
>
> Event added to OSGeo Events Website
>
> Request for code sprint event (2-3 days)
>
> Media Committee
>
> [Salote, Nemaia, Edwin]
>
> Conference Website
>
> Repository
>
> Live version
>
> ACTION: Media Committee to edit map pins and logo to include OSGeo Ribbon
>
> ACTION: Media Committee to edit announcement to include map gallery and change the call for presentations to instead say there will be an upcoming call for presentations
>
> ACTION: media committee to provision MailChimp access for each hub
>
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania
>
> Conference organising email list
>
> Finance Committee
>
> [Litia and Saleshni]
>
> OSGeo Oceania has earmarked AUD$2,500
>
> Budget Link
>
> Sponsorship money will be required to support swag/venues/catering
>
> Good Mojo
>
> Sponsorship vehicle identification (shirts, digital wrapping, etc.)
>
> Print on Demand
>
> Hub organiser or participants can order swag to be printed/delivered
>
> Program Committee
>
> [Jonah, Lanieta, Julie, Edwin]
>
> Map Gallery
>
> Prize?
>
> General-interest content, still focussed on FOSS4G
>
> Potential Speaker List, suggestion from David: need to have more Indigenous Pasifika keynote speakers in the list
>
> Potential speakers from ANZMaps Conference:
>
> https://www.anzmaps.org/annual-conference-2020/
>
> Program 2 hours - 6 x 20 min slots (15 min speak/5 min questions)
>
> Hub Logistics Committee
>
> [Jonah, Greg] (more members TBD)
>
> Hub List (10 hubs, 15 managers)
>
> Report from first meeting of hub managers
>
> Meeting notes
>
> [hidden email] for communication among hub managers
>
> Next Meeting
>
> 29 September 2020
_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2020 Committee Meeting Notes 2020 09 15

David Garcia
Thank you so much for this Edwin and Nemaia! Magandang umaga good morning

Salamat,
David

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 at 11:58, Edwin Liava'a <[hidden email]> wrote:
Greetings Team,

Find latest updates on website with Nemaia's a nice version of the
conference logo https://2020.foss4g-oceania.org/

cheers,

Edwin

On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 at 16:02, Jonah Sullivan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks for attending the meeting this afternoon. The meeting notes are below, or at this link.
>
> There are a lot of actions to enable the hub managers, these are high-priority.
>
> 2020 09 15 meeting notes
>
> Teleconference Link https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82291948965
>
> Attendees
>
> Julie Callebaut
>
> Greg Lauer
>
> Namaia Koto
>
> Salote Baleisuva
>
> Lanieta Rokotuiwakaya
>
> Dan Lomata
>
> Litia Gaunavou
>
> Apologies
>
>
> Actions
>
> ACTION: Finance Committee to centralise Hub Ticketing
>
> create Tito events  (populated with event details for each hub by hub managers)
>
> ACTION: Program Committee to compile names and details for potential presenters
>
> ACTION: Program Committee develop program details
>
> How many presenters
>
> How long (2-4 hours)
>
> Recorded or live
>
> Time of day
>
> ACTION: Media Committee to develop Hubs Announcement media release
>
> Announce event
>
> Announce hub locations
>
> Announce map gallery
>
> ACTION: Media Committee to update website map with each hub
>
> ACTION: Media Committee to move Sponsorship part of the website to each hub
>
> ACTION: Program Committee to centralise Map Gallery call for entries
>
> ACTION: Program Committee to centralise call for presentations
>
> ACTION: LOC to reconfigure the prospectus for the hubs to use
>
> Agenda
>
> Event added to OSGeo Events Website
>
> Request for code sprint event (2-3 days)
>
> Media Committee
>
> [Salote, Nemaia, Edwin]
>
> Conference Website
>
> Repository
>
> Live version
>
> ACTION: Media Committee to edit map pins and logo to include OSGeo Ribbon
>
> ACTION: Media Committee to edit announcement to include map gallery and change the call for presentations to instead say there will be an upcoming call for presentations
>
> ACTION: media committee to provision MailChimp access for each hub
>
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania
>
> Conference organising email list
>
> Finance Committee
>
> [Litia and Saleshni]
>
> OSGeo Oceania has earmarked AUD$2,500
>
> Budget Link
>
> Sponsorship money will be required to support swag/venues/catering
>
> Good Mojo
>
> Sponsorship vehicle identification (shirts, digital wrapping, etc.)
>
> Print on Demand
>
> Hub organiser or participants can order swag to be printed/delivered
>
> Program Committee
>
> [Jonah, Lanieta, Julie, Edwin]
>
> Map Gallery
>
> Prize?
>
> General-interest content, still focussed on FOSS4G
>
> Potential Speaker List, suggestion from David: need to have more Indigenous Pasifika keynote speakers in the list
>
> Potential speakers from ANZMaps Conference:
>
> https://www.anzmaps.org/annual-conference-2020/
>
> Program 2 hours - 6 x 20 min slots (15 min speak/5 min questions)
>
> Hub Logistics Committee
>
> [Jonah, Greg] (more members TBD)
>
> Hub List (10 hubs, 15 managers)
>
> Report from first meeting of hub managers
>
> Meeting notes
>
> [hidden email] for communication among hub managers
>
> Next Meeting
>
> 29 September 2020


--

_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2020 Committee Meeting Notes 2020 09 15

Nemaia Koto
In reply to this post by Edwin Liava'a
I saw that- thanks for adding it, neat! 

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 11:58 AM Edwin Liava'a <[hidden email]> wrote:
Greetings Team,





Find latest updates on website with Nemaia's a nice version of the


conference logo https://2020.foss4g-oceania.org/





cheers,





Edwin





On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 at 16:02, Jonah Sullivan <[hidden email]> wrote:


>


> Thanks for attending the meeting this afternoon. The meeting notes are below, or at this link.


>


> There are a lot of actions to enable the hub managers, these are high-priority.


>


> 2020 09 15 meeting notes


>


> Teleconference Link https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82291948965


>


> Attendees


>


> Julie Callebaut


>


> Greg Lauer


>


> Namaia Koto


>


> Salote Baleisuva


>


> Lanieta Rokotuiwakaya


>


> Dan Lomata


>


> Litia Gaunavou


>


> Apologies


>


>


> Actions


>


> ACTION: Finance Committee to centralise Hub Ticketing


>


> create Tito events  (populated with event details for each hub by hub managers)


>


> ACTION: Program Committee to compile names and details for potential presenters


>


> ACTION: Program Committee develop program details


>


> How many presenters


>


> How long (2-4 hours)


>


> Recorded or live


>


> Time of day


>


> ACTION: Media Committee to develop Hubs Announcement media release


>


> Announce event


>


> Announce hub locations


>


> Announce map gallery


>


> ACTION: Media Committee to update website map with each hub


>


> ACTION: Media Committee to move Sponsorship part of the website to each hub


>


> ACTION: Program Committee to centralise Map Gallery call for entries


>


> ACTION: Program Committee to centralise call for presentations


>


> ACTION: LOC to reconfigure the prospectus for the hubs to use


>


> Agenda


>


> Event added to OSGeo Events Website


>


> Request for code sprint event (2-3 days)


>


> Media Committee


>


> [Salote, Nemaia, Edwin]


>


> Conference Website


>


> Repository


>


> Live version


>


> ACTION: Media Committee to edit map pins and logo to include OSGeo Ribbon


>


> ACTION: Media Committee to edit announcement to include map gallery and change the call for presentations to instead say there will be an upcoming call for presentations


>


> ACTION: media committee to provision MailChimp access for each hub


>


> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania


>


> Conference organising email list


>


> Finance Committee


>


> [Litia and Saleshni]


>


> OSGeo Oceania has earmarked AUD$2,500


>


> Budget Link


>


> Sponsorship money will be required to support swag/venues/catering


>


> Good Mojo


>


> Sponsorship vehicle identification (shirts, digital wrapping, etc.)


>


> Print on Demand


>


> Hub organiser or participants can order swag to be printed/delivered


>


> Program Committee


>


> [Jonah, Lanieta, Julie, Edwin]


>


> Map Gallery


>


> Prize?


>


> General-interest content, still focussed on FOSS4G


>


> Potential Speaker List, suggestion from David: need to have more Indigenous Pasifika keynote speakers in the list


>


> Potential speakers from ANZMaps Conference:


>


> https://www.anzmaps.org/annual-conference-2020/


>


> Program 2 hours - 6 x 20 min slots (15 min speak/5 min questions)


>


> Hub Logistics Committee


>


> [Jonah, Greg] (more members TBD)


>


> Hub List (10 hubs, 15 managers)


>


> Report from first meeting of hub managers


>


> Meeting notes


>


> [hidden email] for communication among hub managers


>


> Next Meeting


>


> 29 September 2020




--
Nemaia Koto


'It always seems impossible, until its done'

-- Nelson Mandela


--
Nemaia Koto


'It always seems impossible, until its done' -- Nelson Mandela

_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2020 Committee Meeting Notes 2020 09 15

Edwin Liava'a
In reply to this post by David Garcia
Tonnes of thanks David,

On the same token, we are not the only ones working on the website.

Its a team effort with Nemaia, @adamsteer @keithamoss @jonah-sullivan
@johnwbryant @alexgleith @FidelChe

cheers,

Edwin


On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 at 10:08, David Garcia <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Thank you so much for this Edwin and Nemaia! Magandang umaga good morning
>
> Salamat,
> David
>
> On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 at 11:58, Edwin Liava'a <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Greetings Team,
>>
>> Find latest updates on website with Nemaia's a nice version of the
>> conference logo https://2020.foss4g-oceania.org/
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> Edwin
>>
>> On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 at 16:02, Jonah Sullivan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Thanks for attending the meeting this afternoon. The meeting notes are below, or at this link.
>> >
>> > There are a lot of actions to enable the hub managers, these are high-priority.
>> >
>> > 2020 09 15 meeting notes
>> >
>> > Teleconference Link https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82291948965
>> >
>> > Attendees
>> >
>> > Julie Callebaut
>> >
>> > Greg Lauer
>> >
>> > Namaia Koto
>> >
>> > Salote Baleisuva
>> >
>> > Lanieta Rokotuiwakaya
>> >
>> > Dan Lomata
>> >
>> > Litia Gaunavou
>> >
>> > Apologies
>> >
>> >
>> > Actions
>> >
>> > ACTION: Finance Committee to centralise Hub Ticketing
>> >
>> > create Tito events  (populated with event details for each hub by hub managers)
>> >
>> > ACTION: Program Committee to compile names and details for potential presenters
>> >
>> > ACTION: Program Committee develop program details
>> >
>> > How many presenters
>> >
>> > How long (2-4 hours)
>> >
>> > Recorded or live
>> >
>> > Time of day
>> >
>> > ACTION: Media Committee to develop Hubs Announcement media release
>> >
>> > Announce event
>> >
>> > Announce hub locations
>> >
>> > Announce map gallery
>> >
>> > ACTION: Media Committee to update website map with each hub
>> >
>> > ACTION: Media Committee to move Sponsorship part of the website to each hub
>> >
>> > ACTION: Program Committee to centralise Map Gallery call for entries
>> >
>> > ACTION: Program Committee to centralise call for presentations
>> >
>> > ACTION: LOC to reconfigure the prospectus for the hubs to use
>> >
>> > Agenda
>> >
>> > Event added to OSGeo Events Website
>> >
>> > Request for code sprint event (2-3 days)
>> >
>> > Media Committee
>> >
>> > [Salote, Nemaia, Edwin]
>> >
>> > Conference Website
>> >
>> > Repository
>> >
>> > Live version
>> >
>> > ACTION: Media Committee to edit map pins and logo to include OSGeo Ribbon
>> >
>> > ACTION: Media Committee to edit announcement to include map gallery and change the call for presentations to instead say there will be an upcoming call for presentations
>> >
>> > ACTION: media committee to provision MailChimp access for each hub
>> >
>> > https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania
>> >
>> > Conference organising email list
>> >
>> > Finance Committee
>> >
>> > [Litia and Saleshni]
>> >
>> > OSGeo Oceania has earmarked AUD$2,500
>> >
>> > Budget Link
>> >
>> > Sponsorship money will be required to support swag/venues/catering
>> >
>> > Good Mojo
>> >
>> > Sponsorship vehicle identification (shirts, digital wrapping, etc.)
>> >
>> > Print on Demand
>> >
>> > Hub organiser or participants can order swag to be printed/delivered
>> >
>> > Program Committee
>> >
>> > [Jonah, Lanieta, Julie, Edwin]
>> >
>> > Map Gallery
>> >
>> > Prize?
>> >
>> > General-interest content, still focussed on FOSS4G
>> >
>> > Potential Speaker List, suggestion from David: need to have more Indigenous Pasifika keynote speakers in the list
>> >
>> > Potential speakers from ANZMaps Conference:
>> >
>> > https://www.anzmaps.org/annual-conference-2020/
>> >
>> > Program 2 hours - 6 x 20 min slots (15 min speak/5 min questions)
>> >
>> > Hub Logistics Committee
>> >
>> > [Jonah, Greg] (more members TBD)
>> >
>> > Hub List (10 hubs, 15 managers)
>> >
>> > Report from first meeting of hub managers
>> >
>> > Meeting notes
>> >
>> > [hidden email] for communication among hub managers
>> >
>> > Next Meeting
>> >
>> > 29 September 2020
>
>
>
> --
> MAPMAKER
> mapmakerdavid.com
_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania