FOSS4G SoTM Oceania Committee Meeting Jan 2018

FOSS4G SoTM Oceania Committee Meeting Jan 2018

Alex Leith
Hi All

It's time for our next committee meeting, and John and I are hoping to start a regular rhythm of fortnightly meetings so that we get some momentum going. We're planning to hold this meeting late next week.

Can you please let us know when you're available here: https://doodle.com/poll/yrwgshbick3qwqky

I'll send meeting details out to committee members shortly, so if you want to be on the committee and in the meeting and you don't get the email, let me know, and I'll add you in.

Look forward to talking with you all soon.

Kind regards,

Alex

--

Alex Leith
0419 189 050

Re: FOSS4G SoTM Oceania Committee Meeting Jan 2018

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi Alex, John,

Just me lurking, and I took a look at the agenda, one tip I can give
(having been involved in so many local committees) is that a role
usually forgotten is for a Volunteer Lead: someone to manage all of the
volunteers (such as students etc) that can help out as workshop room
monitors, presentation room monitors, registration desk, stuffing
welcome bags, etc.   A leader to manage this is really necessary.

If you already have that role as part of your plan sorry for lurking ha.

Thanks,

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
President Emeritus, OSGeo Foundation

On 2018-01-24 6:41 PM, Alex Leith wrote:

> Hi All
>
> It's time for our next committee meeting, and John and I are hoping to
> start a regular rhythm of fortnightly meetings so that we get some
> momentum going. We're planning to hold this meeting late next week.
>
> Can you please let us know when you're available here:
> https://doodle.com/poll/yrwgshbick3qwqky
>
> The agenda is here:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ve9vlBgI1ngvD6VuMB3gyGjP2ie5USQ09DszZP6pVoU/edit#
>

> I'll send meeting details out to committee members shortly, so if you
> want to be on the committee and in the meeting and you don't get the
> email, let me know, and I'll add you in.
>
> Look forward to talking with you all soon.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Alex

Re: FOSS4G SoTM Oceania Committee Meeting Jan 2018

John Bryant
Hey Jeff, thanks a lot for the input! We actually do have the notion of a Volunteer Lead in the plan, but haven't started fleshing out what the work will actually be, so this is helpful.

We really appreciate suggestions from you and any other folks who are experienced in organising conferences like this one - we're relying on lessons learned from past FOSS4Gs as a guide. If there's anything at all that jumps out as something that needs doing, please tell us :)

Cheers
John