FOSS4G-Halifax 2020 Answers: Steven

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

FOSS4G-Halifax 2020 Answers: Steven

jmckenna
Administrator
Dear Steven,

First, Karine and I would like to both say that we are honoured to be
with such a high class of local committee teams such as Calgary and Niagara.

Thank you for mentioning that Jewish festivals for Rosh Hashana begin on
the evening of the 18th.  We have a backup date reserved with the Nova
Centre venue for 31 August to 5 September, so it is possible to change
our dates.  When we were looking at possible venues about 6 months ago,
our vision was to leverage a mid-September date to additionally allow
for university students and pre-university students to be involved, but
also because the local weather is best in mid-September (a lot less
rain, bringing beautiful fall/autumn colours and sunshine to the
Atlantic Canada region).  We the FOSS4G-HFX team will continue to
analyze our dates closely.  For the record, using our initially proposed
dates, the 19th (Saturday) would be the community sprint.  We will try
to be accommodating as possible.

Thank you,

-Karine Jean & Jeff McKenna
co-chairs, FOSS4G-HFX 2020






_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

R: FOSS4G-Halifax 2020 Answers: Steven

Maria Antonia Brovelli
Dear Jeff, 
Congratulations for your amazing proposal! Unfortunately the dates you chose are at the beginning of academic semester. Therefore you can involve local students but it will be difficult to have professors and  researchers of other universities around the world. Best regards and thanks for your consideration.
Maria



Inviato dal mio dispositivo Samsung


-------- Messaggio originale --------
Da: Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]>
Data: 08/10/18 01:10 (GMT+01:00)
A: conference <[hidden email]>
Cc: [hidden email]
Oggetto: [OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G-Halifax 2020 Answers: Steven

Dear Steven,

First, Karine and I would like to both say that we are honoured to be
with such a high class of local committee teams such as Calgary and Niagara.

Thank you for mentioning that Jewish festivals for Rosh Hashana begin on
the evening of the 18th.  We have a backup date reserved with the Nova
Centre venue for 31 August to 5 September, so it is possible to change
our dates.  When we were looking at possible venues about 6 months ago,
our vision was to leverage a mid-September date to additionally allow
for university students and pre-university students to be involved, but
also because the local weather is best in mid-September (a lot less
rain, bringing beautiful fall/autumn colours and sunshine to the
Atlantic Canada region).  We the FOSS4G-HFX team will continue to
analyze our dates closely.  For the record, using our initially proposed
dates, the 19th (Saturday) would be the community sprint.  We will try
to be accommodating as possible.

Thank you,

-Karine Jean & Jeff McKenna
co-chairs, FOSS4G-HFX 2020






_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev

_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: R: FOSS4G-Halifax 2020 Answers: Steven

delawen
Hi María,

I think this depends on the country or even on the university. We choosed also the second week of September for our Sevilla proposal because on that date there were exams, but no classes yet, so we could use the labs easily.

In any case, at least it is good to balance between August and September and don't do it always on August, because August also has a lot of issues with family conciliation (and travel costs).

On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 8:08 AM Maria Antonia Brovelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Jeff, 
Congratulations for your amazing proposal! Unfortunately the dates you chose are at the beginning of academic semester. Therefore you can involve local students but it will be difficult to have professors and  researchers of other universities around the world. Best regards and thanks for your consideration.
Maria



Inviato dal mio dispositivo Samsung


-------- Messaggio originale --------
Da: Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]>
Data: 08/10/18 01:10 (GMT+01:00)
A: conference <[hidden email]>
Cc: [hidden email]
Oggetto: [OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G-Halifax 2020 Answers: Steven

Dear Steven,

First, Karine and I would like to both say that we are honoured to be
with such a high class of local committee teams such as Calgary and Niagara.

Thank you for mentioning that Jewish festivals for Rosh Hashana begin on
the evening of the 18th.  We have a backup date reserved with the Nova
Centre venue for 31 August to 5 September, so it is possible to change
our dates.  When we were looking at possible venues about 6 months ago,
our vision was to leverage a mid-September date to additionally allow
for university students and pre-university students to be involved, but
also because the local weather is best in mid-September (a lot less
rain, bringing beautiful fall/autumn colours and sunshine to the
Atlantic Canada region).  We the FOSS4G-HFX team will continue to
analyze our dates closely.  For the record, using our initially proposed
dates, the 19th (Saturday) would be the community sprint.  We will try
to be accommodating as possible.

Thank you,

-Karine Jean & Jeff McKenna
co-chairs, FOSS4G-HFX 2020






_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev

_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: R: FOSS4G-Datres

tadams
Hi Maria, @all,

just a note on this "when do we have a FOSS4G" topic:

In the call we mention the following:

"Past FOSS4G conferences have been held during the August-September
period and some continuity is desirable."

So in my eyes we can't now start a new discussion regarding the dates
the conference to be held.
I know that also the late August date causes some issues for some people
regarding summer holidays.

Regards, Till



Am 08.10.2018 um 08:32 schrieb María Arias de Reyna:

> Hi María,
>
> I think this depends on the country or even on the university. We
> choosed also the second week of September for our Sevilla proposal
> because on that date there were exams, but no classes yet, so we could
> use the labs easily.
>
> In any case, at least it is good to balance between August and September
> and don't do it always on August, because August also has a lot of
> issues with family conciliation (and travel costs).
>
> On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 8:08 AM Maria Antonia Brovelli
> <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Dear Jeff, 
>     Congratulations for your amazing proposal! Unfortunately the dates
>     you chose are at the beginning of academic semester. Therefore you
>     can involve local students but it will be difficult to have
>     professors and  researchers of other universities around the world.
>     Best regards and thanks for your consideration.
>     Maria
>
>
>
>     Inviato dal mio dispositivo Samsung
>
>
>     -------- Messaggio originale --------
>     Da: Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>     Data: 08/10/18 01:10 (GMT+01:00)
>     A: conference <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>     Cc: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     Oggetto: [OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G-Halifax 2020 Answers: Steven
>
>     Dear Steven,
>
>     First, Karine and I would like to both say that we are honoured to be
>     with such a high class of local committee teams such as Calgary and
>     Niagara.
>
>     Thank you for mentioning that Jewish festivals for Rosh Hashana
>     begin on
>     the evening of the 18th.  We have a backup date reserved with the Nova
>     Centre venue for 31 August to 5 September, so it is possible to change
>     our dates.  When we were looking at possible venues about 6 months ago,
>     our vision was to leverage a mid-September date to additionally allow
>     for university students and pre-university students to be involved, but
>     also because the local weather is best in mid-September (a lot less
>     rain, bringing beautiful fall/autumn colours and sunshine to the
>     Atlantic Canada region).  We the FOSS4G-HFX team will continue to
>     analyze our dates closely.  For the record, using our initially
>     proposed
>     dates, the 19th (Saturday) would be the community sprint.  We will try
>     to be accommodating as possible.
>
>     Thank you,
>
>     -Karine Jean & Jeff McKenna
>     co-chairs, FOSS4G-HFX 2020
>
>
>
>
>
>
>     _______________________________________________
>     Conference_dev mailing list
>     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
>     _______________________________________________
>     Conference_dev mailing list
>     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Conference_dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
>

--
------------------------------------------------

SHOGun - das WebGIS Framework.
Jetzt umsteigen! QGIS 3 ist verfügbar.

------------------------------------------------
Mail: [hidden email]
Tel.: +49 (0)228 - 962 899 52

terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
Kölnstraße 99
53111 Bonn

Tel.: +49 (0)228 - 962 899 51
Fax.: +49 (0)228 - 962 899 57

Internet: www.terrestris.de

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6835

Komplementärin: terrestris Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH vertreten durch:
Torsten Brassat, Marc Jansen, Hinrich Paulsen, Till Adams

Informationen über Ihre gespeicherten Daten finden Sie auf unserer
Homepage unter folgendem Link:
https://www.terrestris.de/datenschutzerklaerung/
_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FOSS4G-Q & A RfP 2020

tadams
In reply to this post by jmckenna
Dear @all,

I put all questions and the already received answers of the teams into
the appropriate WIKI pages [1] [2] [3]- I think that helps to have a
full overview.

I wouldn't mind, that if you ask or answer and have the possibility to
put the questions or answers directly into the WIKI ;-)

Till


[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2020_Q%26A_Calgary
[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2020_Q%26A_Niagara
[3] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2020_Q%26A_Halifax
_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: R: FOSS4G-Datres

Maria Antonia Brovelli
In reply to this post by tadams

Thank you, Till. Yes, I know that it is impossible to find a period fitting all exigencies. The difference I see is that being a community of volunteers, probably during August, we are freer (for instance the Universities in Europe are often closed in August, I don't know in the other parts of the world). Said that, again, the best period doesn't exist.

Maria


A new IJGI Special Issue
"State-of-the-Art in Spatial Information Science"
(deadline for submissions: 1 may 2019)



A paper to read this summer ;-)


----------------------------------------------------
Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Professor of GIS and Digital Mapping
Politecnico di Milano

P.zza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - Building 3 - 20133 Milano (Italy)

Tel. +39-02-23996242 - Mob. +39-328-0023867,  [hidden email][hidden email]





 


Da: Conference_dev <[hidden email]> per conto di Till Adams <[hidden email]>
Inviato: lunedì 8 ottobre 2018 11:23:46
A: [hidden email]
Oggetto: Re: [OSGeo-Conf] R: FOSS4G-Datres
 
Hi Maria, @all,

just a note on this "when do we have a FOSS4G" topic:

In the call we mention the following:

"Past FOSS4G conferences have been held during the August-September
period and some continuity is desirable."

So in my eyes we can't now start a new discussion regarding the dates
the conference to be held.
I know that also the late August date causes some issues for some people
regarding summer holidays.

Regards, Till



Am 08.10.2018 um 08:32 schrieb María Arias de Reyna:
> Hi María,
>
> I think this depends on the country or even on the university. We
> choosed also the second week of September for our Sevilla proposal
> because on that date there were exams, but no classes yet, so we could
> use the labs easily.
>
> In any case, at least it is good to balance between August and September
> and don't do it always on August, because August also has a lot of
> issues with family conciliation (and travel costs).
>
> On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 8:08 AM Maria Antonia Brovelli
> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Dear Jeff, 
>     Congratulations for your amazing proposal! Unfortunately the dates
>     you chose are at the beginning of academic semester. Therefore you
>     can involve local students but it will be difficult to have
>     professors and  researchers of other universities around the world.
>     Best regards and thanks for your consideration.
>     Maria
>
>
>
>     Inviato dal mio dispositivo Samsung
>
>
>     -------- Messaggio originale --------
>     Da: Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]
>     <[hidden email]>>
>     Data: 08/10/18 01:10 (GMT+01:00)
>     A: conference <[hidden email]
>     <[hidden email]>>
>     Cc: [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
>     Oggetto: [OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G-Halifax 2020 Answers: Steven
>
>     Dear Steven,
>
>     First, Karine and I would like to both say that we are honoured to be
>     with such a high class of local committee teams such as Calgary and
>     Niagara.
>
>     Thank you for mentioning that Jewish festivals for Rosh Hashana
>     begin on
>     the evening of the 18th.  We have a backup date reserved with the Nova
>     Centre venue for 31 August to 5 September, so it is possible to change
>     our dates.  When we were looking at possible venues about 6 months ago,
>     our vision was to leverage a mid-September date to additionally allow
>     for university students and pre-university students to be involved, but
>     also because the local weather is best in mid-September (a lot less
>     rain, bringing beautiful fall/autumn colours and sunshine to the
>     Atlantic Canada region).  We the FOSS4G-HFX team will continue to
>     analyze our dates closely.  For the record, using our initially
>     proposed
>     dates, the 19th (Saturday) would be the community sprint.  We will try
>     to be accommodating as possible.
>
>     Thank you,
>
>     -Karine Jean & Jeff McKenna
>     co-chairs, FOSS4G-HFX 2020
>
>
>
>
>
>
>     _______________________________________________
>     Conference_dev mailing list
>     [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
>     https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
>     _______________________________________________
>     Conference_dev mailing list
>     [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
>     https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Conference_dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
>

--
------------------------------------------------

SHOGun - das WebGIS Framework.
Jetzt umsteigen! QGIS 3 ist verfügbar.

------------------------------------------------
Mail: [hidden email]
Tel.: +49 (0)228 - 962 899 52

terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
Kölnstraße 99
53111 Bonn

Tel.: +49 (0)228 - 962 899 51
Fax.: +49 (0)228 - 962 899 57

Internet: www.terrestris.de

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6835

Komplementärin: terrestris Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH vertreten durch:
Torsten Brassat, Marc Jansen, Hinrich Paulsen, Till Adams

Informationen über Ihre gespeicherten Daten finden Sie auf unserer
Homepage unter folgendem Link:
https://www.terrestris.de/datenschutzerklaerung/
_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev

_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Rfp 2020 - Questions

Till Adams-3
In reply to this post by tadams
Dear to all bidding teams,

I've updated the WIKI pages [1] [2] [3] and also put some quesitons in
there. Please consider these also, when answering.

Till


[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2020_Q%26A_Calgary
[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2020_Q%26A_Niagara
[3] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2020_Q%26A_Halifax

_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Rfp 2020 - Questions

Paul Ramsey
Thank you Till, I have just stuffed my questions into your wiki pages rather than putting them on-list.
P

On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 7:45 AM Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear to all bidding teams,

I've updated the WIKI pages [1] [2] [3] and also put some quesitons in
there. Please consider these also, when answering.

Till


[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2020_Q%26A_Calgary
[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2020_Q%26A_Niagara
[3] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2020_Q%26A_Halifax

_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev

_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FOSS4G-Q & A RfP 2020

JonathanNeufeld
In reply to this post by tadams
Hi Till,

We are excited to be one of three LOIs in Canada for the 2020 FOSS4G event! We'll update the answers directly in the wiki.

Cheers,
Jon
 

-----Original Message-----
From: Conference_dev <[hidden email]> On Behalf Of Till Adams
Sent: Monday, October 8, 2018 3:30 AM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G-Q & A RfP 2020

Dear @all,

I put all questions and the already received answers of the teams into the appropriate WIKI pages [1] [2] [3]- I think that helps to have a full overview.

I wouldn't mind, that if you ask or answer and have the possibility to put the questions or answers directly into the WIKI ;-)

Till


[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2020_Q%26A_Calgary
[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2020_Q%26A_Niagara
[3] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2020_Q%26A_Halifax
_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RfP 2020 - Questions

Venkatesh Raghavan-2
In reply to this post by Paul Ramsey
Thanks to the three teams for submitting their LoIs

My questions to the teams are as below;

1) Highlight the contributions (code contributions,
documentation, outreach etc.) that the chair/co-chair have
made to FOSS4G communities

2) How have the chair/co-chairs been involved in
promotion/governance (Charter Membership, involvement
in Committees etc.) of OSGeo foundation.

3) Please elaborate on your local committee member's experience in
planning OSGeo events (such as involvement in FOSS4G-global event teams,
OSGeo local chapter event planning, or OSGeo code sprints).

Best

Venka
_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RfP 2020 - Questionperiod ends tomorrow - reminder

tadams
Dear CC and bidders for 2020,

I put Venkas questions also into the WIKI pages.

@Teams, please note, that the question period ends tomorrow (12.10. last
possible time) and from 13th on the voting period on stage 1 will start.

Please ensure on your own to have your answers ready before the 13th of
October. Although I also tried to have this complete, please also
ensure, that your answers are well copied to the WIKI as well, as this
will be the central page, that members of CC use.


Regards, Till



--
------------------------------------------------

SHOGun - das WebGIS Framework.
Jetzt umsteigen! QGIS 3 ist verfügbar.

------------------------------------------------
Mail: [hidden email]
Tel.: +49 (0)228 - 962 899 52

terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
Kölnstraße 99
53111 Bonn

Tel.: +49 (0)228 - 962 899 51
Fax.: +49 (0)228 - 962 899 57

Internet: www.terrestris.de

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6835

Komplementärin: terrestris Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH vertreten durch:
Torsten Brassat, Marc Jansen, Hinrich Paulsen, Till Adams

Informationen über Ihre gespeicherten Daten finden Sie auf unserer
Homepage unter folgendem Link:
https://www.terrestris.de/datenschutzerklaerung/
_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RfP 2020 - Questions

Karine Jean-4
In reply to this post by Venkatesh Raghavan-2
Dear Venka,

Thank you for your questions. Here are the answers from Halifax team. You'll find them in the wiki page as well.

  1. Highlight the contributions (code contributions, documentation, outreach etc.) that the chair/co-chair have made to FOSS4G communities


Jeff McKenna began his efforts through the MapServer community, becoming the lead of the documentation team, and joining its Project Steering Committee.  Focusing on the users, Jeff maintains the very popular MS4W installer for Windows users, which is downloaded 6,000 times per month, and contains many OSGeo projects configured to use, including ZOO-Project, Mapbender, GeoMoose.


Jeff has recently begun focusing on students within the FOSS4G community, as an admin of OSGeo’s 2017 and 2018 Google Code-In Initiatives, where small tasks are created for highschool students.  Jeff is also an admin of OSGeo’s Google Summer of Code program, which each summer funds university students to work on OSGeo projects; in fact Jeff is this week at Google headquarters in Silicon Valley, for the Google Summer of Code Mentor Summit, with fellow OSGeo representatives Victoria Rautenbach (GeoForAll) and Vaclav Petras (GRASS GIS).


Karine Jean has been active in the FOSS4G community for 10 years, specializing in planning outreach events for the OSGeo and LocationTech communities.


  1. How have the chair/co-chairs been involved in promotion/governance (Charter Membership, involvement in Committees etc.) of OSGeo foundation.


Jeff McKenna is a founding charter member of OSGeo, and has been involved in the governance of the OSGeo foundation since its beginning, active in many OSGeo committees. Jeff is a former president of OSGeo, and has sat on its Board of Directors for many years, including now as an OSGeo Vice President.  Jeff has always focused on relationships with partner organizations, and has helped drive these relationships through formal agreements with many groups. One example is the UN OpenGIS initiative, which began with a formal meeting between the UN GIS team and Jeff in Seoul in 2015, which has now become a very active initiative.  Jeff McKenna has also been a long-time supporter of the GeoForAll initiative, and sits on its Advisory Committee.


Karine Jean is a long-time OSGeo-Qc chapter member, and is currently on the Board of OSGeo-Qc.  She has been nominated as an OSGeo Charter member this year.


  1. Please elaborate on your local committee member's experience in planning OSGeo events (such as involvement in FOSS4G-global event teams, OSGeo local chapter event planning, or OSGeo code sprints).

Karine Jean has organized 2 events in partner with the OSGeo-Qc chapter, the OSGeo-Ottawa chapter, and LocationTech.  Karine was also on the organizing committee of OSGeo-Europe 2015 in Como, Italy. She was on the local committee for the FOSS4G-Ottawa 2017 bid. Most recently she organized the 10 year celebration of the OSGeo-QC chapter in Quebec City this summer.  Soon she will be organizing a GeoHack in Morocco in collaboration with OSGeo-Qc in 2019.


Jérôme Jacovella-St-Louis, an OSGeo Charter Member since 2016, was the co-chair of the FOSS4G-Ottawa 2017 bid.


Thierry Badard, an OSGeo Charter member since 2008, is a board member of the OSGeo-francophone chapter.  He also has been on the organizing committee of several OSGeo-Qc events.


Tom Kralidis, an OSGeo Charter member since 2007, organized the very first OSGeo Code Sprint back in 2009, in Toronto. https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Toronto_Code_Sprint_2009


Jeff McKenna, a founding OSGeo Charter member since 2006, has been involved in FOSS4G since its beginning.  In 2004, Jeff met Venkatesh Raghavan, Markus Neteler in Thailand, and the three of them agreed to create a global FOSS4G event every year.  Jeff would then go on to chair the new OSGeo Conference Committee, and draft a document to help call for hosts (that is still being used today) and develop a process to move the event around the globe each year.  Jeff has also been active in many FOSS4G global committees, including being part of every local committee at FOSS4G from 2006 to 2011. Jeff since then has been active on many smaller FOSS4G regional event teams, in Asia, Europe and more.


Jeff McKenna is always actively helping OSGeo local chapter events, and helping them form and grow, in areas all around the world, touching every continent on the planet.


The FOSS4G-HFX team also contains several other OSGeo Charter Members, who actively participate in FOSS4G global and regional events: Assefa Yewonwossen, Matthew Hanson, and Vicky Vergera.  


Jeff & Karine

FOSS4G-HFX 2020 co-chairs  





Le jeu. 11 oct. 2018 à 04:27, Venka <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Thanks to the three teams for submitting their LoIs

My questions to the teams are as below;

1) Highlight the contributions (code contributions,
documentation, outreach etc.) that the chair/co-chair have
made to FOSS4G communities

2) How have the chair/co-chairs been involved in
promotion/governance (Charter Membership, involvement
in Committees etc.) of OSGeo foundation.

3) Please elaborate on your local committee member's experience in
planning OSGeo events (such as involvement in FOSS4G-global event teams,
OSGeo local chapter event planning, or OSGeo code sprints).

Best

Venka
_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev

_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Rfp 2020 - Questions

michael terner-2
In reply to this post by Paul Ramsey
As with Paul, I have added a couple of questions to the Niagra and Halifax team directly into the Wiki (at the bottom). My questions for Calgary were raised by others.

Good luck to all 3 teams...And THANKS to Til for managing this process.

MT 

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 12:35 PM Paul Ramsey <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you Till, I have just stuffed my questions into your wiki pages rather than putting them on-list.
P

On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 7:45 AM Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear to all bidding teams,

I've updated the WIKI pages [1] [2] [3] and also put some quesitons in
there. Please consider these also, when answering.

Till


[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2020_Q%26A_Calgary
[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2020_Q%26A_Niagara
[3] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2020_Q%26A_Halifax

_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev



_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev