FOSS4G Europe 2018

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hello Gustavo,

I wonder whether there is any news about FOSS4G-Europe 2018. Maybe I
only missed it.

The following information I got from the proposal:

Guimarães (Portugal) 17-19 of July, 2018 + workshops in the days before
the event.

OSGeo Board is planning the events for 2018 and FOSS4G-Europe 2018 is
not listed there yet.

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Sponsorship_Opportunities_2018

Do you have a timeline?

When will you webside be available? https://europe.foss4g.org/2018

Please add an OSGeo event https://www.osgeo.org/events/

You can use twitter to promote your event: https://twitter.com/foss4ge

Note that you can use https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/foss4g-europe/ for
your file archive.

If you need any help feel free to ask.

Astrid
--
Astrid Emde
Charter Member

Re: FOSS4G Europe 2018

ldesousa
Hi Astrid,

thanks for the ping. The local committee is assembled, including some friends for Spain, and working on various issues for a public announcement to come out very soon. The web page is already up with a number of details: https://foss4g-europe.osgeopt.pt/

We are finalising the registration/payment mechanism and the call for sponsors; work on a logo is also on going. Once that is settled we'll start advertising the event publicly.

Regards.
--
Luís Moreira de Sousa
Bowlespark 8

On January 16, 2018 7:18 PM, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Jachym Cepicky
Luis, I've also asked by Gustavo, whether  new formed OSGeo-Europe local chapter can do anything to help with FOSS4G-Europe ?

Is there something you would like to do but you lack on resources?

Thanks

Jachym

út 16. 1. 2018 v 20:03 odesílatel Luí­s Moreira de Sousa <[hidden email]> napsal:
[...]

Hi Jachym, thank you for the offer.

For now we have managed to get things rolling on our means, but in time we might need help from OSGeo-Europe. A few members of the "local" committee are meeting on the 3rd of February at the venue. I believe that afterwards we will have a more clear view of our needs and where you can help.

Cheers.
--

tu 16. 1. 2018 v 20:03 [hidden email] Luís Moreira de Sousa < [hidden email] > napsal:
[...]

Jorge Gustavo Rocha
Hi Astrid, hi all,

Luis de Sousa already sent some feedback. Let me add some more
details/requests, with no special order or importance.

1. We have a mailing list for the LOC [hidden email]. Who
wants to joins us, please reply and I will add it to the list. The same
for our "kanban" based board, available at
https://wekan.osgeopt.pt/b/SJBkaBzg5mMmJT2kh/foos4g-europe-2018
Probably we should made the board available to all (read only), but
meanwhile I can add more people to it.

2. We have a Wordpress based website up and running. The information to
the public is minimal, right now. The web site is available at:
https://foss4g-europe.osgeopt.pt/

2.1 We need help to have https://europe.foss4g.org/2018 pointing to it.

2.1 This week we will release the registration and submission forms
(except for the academic track). We are just finishing the payment
process for the registration. Right now we can receive payments by bank
transfer and PayPal. Joana Simões also suggested bitcoins and we are
waiting for her help on this.

3. Links on OSGeo: done! (thanks for the pointers)

* https://www.osgeo.org/events/
* https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Sponsorship_Opportunities_2018

4. Sponsorship

We need help on this!

Pedro Pereira already started a document, but we need someone else to
review it and check the values and the return to sponsors.

The document is available at:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZQLZk3diGUcK68Jeq6a7CrFXxP0_88ADPmFteTrKpyE/edit?usp=sharing

5. Communication (our current bottleneck)

We need to start publishing some news about the event. Joana is taking
care of this and she will need the foss4ge twitter account, for sure.

6. Git repository

Thanks for the pointer to git. We will use it.

7. Face to face meeting

On Fev. 3rd, we will meet at the "crime scene". Flights to Oporto are
cheap (from Bonn, for example). If someone wants to come, we will do
everything to support/help.

8. Invited speakers

We need for good suggestions for invited speakers. Minimum 3 (one for
each day), but we can have 6. We need names :-)

9. Code sprint

I would like to ask Astrid help on this. We have nice conditions to run
the code sprint, but we don't know how important it is, since there are
also other sprints happening. We should discuss this code sprint in more
detail. If Astrid is able to support us in this issue, it would be awesome.

As I said, we are finishing the online forms this week. Monday we can
start spreading the word about the event.

Regards,

Gustavo

On 16-01-2018 18:18, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) wrote:

> Hello Gustavo,
>
> I wonder whether there is any news about FOSS4G-Europe 2018. Maybe I
> only missed it.
>
> The following information I got from the proposal:
>
> Guimarães (Portugal) 17-19 of July, 2018 + workshops in the days before
> the event.
>
> OSGeo Board is planning the events for 2018 and FOSS4G-Europe 2018 is
> not listed there yet.
>
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Sponsorship_Opportunities_2018
>
> Do you have a timeline?
>
> When will you webside be available? https://europe.foss4g.org/2018
>
> Please add an OSGeo event https://www.osgeo.org/events/
>
> You can use twitter to promote your event: https://twitter.com/foss4ge
>
> Note that you can use https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/foss4g-europe/ for
> your file archive.
>
> If you need any help feel free to ask.
>
> Astrid

J. Gustavo
--
Jorge Gustavo Rocha
Departamento de Informática

Re: FOSS4G Europe 2018

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hi FOSS4G-Europe Team,

concerning the webside.

-> to provde the webside under https://europe.foss4g.org/2018

Best way could be to open a SAC Ticket.

Would you like to transfer the files to an OSGeo Server? Would be
possible. Please talk with SAC about it.

See https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo
-> ​OSGeo SAC Services | open ​OSGeo SAC tickets

Astrid

Am 2018-01-16 19:53, schrieb Luí­s Moreira de Sousa:

> Hi Astrid,
>
> thanks for the ping. The local committee is assembled, including some
> friends for Spain, and working on various issues for a public
> announcement to come out very soon. The web page is already up with a
> number of details: https://foss4g-europe.osgeopt.pt/
>
> We are finalising the registration/payment mechanism and the call for
> sponsors; work on a logo is also on going. Once that is settled we'll
> start advertising the event publicly.
>
> Regards.
> --
>
> Luís Moreira de Sousa
>
> Bowlespark 8
>
> 6701 DN Wageningen
>
> The Netherlands
>
> Phone: +31 628 544 755
>
> Email: [hidden email]
>
> RingID: ring:7ca91d83f4f9dec82fec9f1144b8e5c1ef2a110c

OSGeo Board Member and OSGeo Secretary
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Astrid_Emde

Re: FOSS4G Europe 2018

Jorge Gustavo Rocha
Hi Astrid,

Thanks for the feedback. The ticket was created [1].

Regards,

Jorge Gustavo

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2096#ticket

On 19-01-2018 18:56, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) wrote:

> Hi FOSS4G-Europe Team,
>
> concerning the webside.
>
> -> to provde the webside under https://europe.foss4g.org/2018
>
> Best way could be to open a SAC Ticket.
>
> Would you like to transfer the files to an OSGeo Server? Would be
> possible. Please talk with SAC about it.
>
> See https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo
> -> ​OSGeo SAC Services | open ​OSGeo SAC tickets
>

> Astrid
>

> Am 2018-01-16 19:53, schrieb Luí­s Moreira de Sousa:
>> Hi Astrid,
>>
>> thanks for the ping. The local committee is assembled, including some
>> friends for Spain, and working on various issues for a public
>> announcement to come out very soon. The web page is already up with a
>> number of details: https://foss4g-europe.osgeopt.pt/
>>
>> We are finalising the registration/payment mechanism and the call for
>> sponsors; work on a logo is also on going. Once that is settled we'll
>> start advertising the event publicly.
>>
>> Regards.
>> --
>>
>> Luís Moreira de Sousa
>>
>> Bowlespark 8
>>
>> 6701 DN Wageningen
>>
>> The Netherlands
>>
>> Phone: +31 628 544 755
>>
>> Email: [hidden email]
>>
>> RingID: ring:7ca91d83f4f9dec82fec9f1144b8e5c1ef2a110c

I've created the ticket for the web page redirection and asked SAC direclty https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2101#ticket

I've revied the sponsor document and add some comments

so 20. 1. 2018 v 1:30 odesílatel Jorge Gustavo Rocha <[hidden email]> napsal:
Hi Astrid,

Thanks for the feedback. The ticket was created [1].

Regards,

Jorge Gustavo

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2096#ticket

On 19-01-2018 18:56, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) wrote:
> Hi FOSS4G-Europe Team,
>
> concerning the webside.
>
> -> to provde the webside under https://europe.foss4g.org/2018
>
> Best way could be to open a SAC Ticket.
>
> Would you like to transfer the files to an OSGeo Server? Would be
> possible. Please talk with SAC about it.
>
> See https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo
> -> ​OSGeo SAC Services | open ​OSGeo SAC tickets
>

> Astrid
>

> Am 2018-01-16 19:53, schrieb Luí­s Moreira de Sousa:
>> Hi Astrid,
>>
>> thanks for the ping. The local committee is assembled, including some
>> friends for Spain, and working on various issues for a public
>> announcement to come out very soon. The web page is already up with a
>> number of details: https://foss4g-europe.osgeopt.pt/
>>
>> We are finalising the registration/payment mechanism and the call for
>> sponsors; work on a logo is also on going. Once that is settled we'll
>> start advertising the event publicly.
>>
>> Regards.
>> --
>>
>> Luís Moreira de Sousa
>>
>> Bowlespark 8
>>
>> 6701 DN Wageningen
>>
>> The Netherlands
>>
>> Phone: +31 628 544 755
>>
>> Email: [hidden email]
>>
>> RingID: ring:7ca91d83f4f9dec82fec9f1144b8e5c1ef2a110c

Tel: <a href="tel:+351%20253%20604%20480" value="+351253604480" target="_blank">+351 253604480
Fax: <a href="tel:+351%20253%20604%20471" value="+351253604471" target="_blank">+351 253604471
Móvel: <a href="tel:+351%20910%20333%20888" value="+351910333888" target="_blank">+351 910333888
skype: nabocudnosor