FOSS4G-Europe 2017: save the date!

Fenoy Gerald
Dear OSGeo community,
we are glad to announce that the FOSS4G-Europe 2017 will be held in Marne-La-Valée in France from July 19 to 21.

The schedule is as follow:
  * July 18th: Workshops
  * July from 19th to 21th : Conference
  * July 22th: Code Sprint

In case you are willing to help in the organization, please feel free to add your name on this page [1].

More informations to come soon, by now make sure to save the date!

Best regards,

The FOSS4G-Europe 2017 LOC

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-eu_2017

Re: FOSS4G-Europe 2017: save the date!

jmckenna
Administrator
Great news Gérald.  Please also be sure to send this news to
news_item(at)osgeo(dot)org so that your item is automatically shared by
OSGeo's twitter, announce, and on osgeo.org  This is a great way to
share all of your FOSS4G-Europe 2017 press releases.  (more instructions
on that process here: http://www.osgeo.org/content/news/submit_news.html)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
President Emeritus, OSGeo

On 2016-10-11 10:20 AM, Fenoy Gerald wrote:

> Dear OSGeo community,
> we are glad to announce that the FOSS4G-Europe 2017 will be held in Marne-La-Valée in France from July 19 to 21.
>
> The schedule is as follow:
>   * July 18th: Workshops
>   * July from 19th to 21th : Conference
>   * July 22th: Code Sprint
>
> In case you are willing to help in the organization, please feel free to add your name on this page [1].
>
> More informations to come soon, by now make sure to save the date!
>
> Best regards,
>
> The FOSS4G-Europe 2017 LOC
>
> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-eu_2017

Re: FOSS4G-Europe 2017: save the date!

jmckenna
Administrator
Gérald,  I notice on the event wiki (even its name) the mention of
"FOSS4G-eu"; I wonder if you could change that to use "Europe" instead?
I find "FOSS4G-Europe" to be more inclusive.  Sorry for bringing
politics into this, but I just wonder if we should be careful of this
issue, well avoid this issue by just using "europe" text.

-jeff

On 2016-10-11 10:20 AM, Fenoy Gerald wrote:

> Dear OSGeo community,
> we are glad to announce that the FOSS4G-Europe 2017 will be held in Marne-La-Valée in France from July 19 to 21.
>
> The schedule is as follow:
>   * July 18th: Workshops
>   * July from 19th to 21th : Conference
>   * July 22th: Code Sprint
>
> In case you are willing to help in the organization, please feel free to add your name on this page [1].
>
> More informations to come soon, by now make sure to save the date!
>
> Best regards,
>
> The FOSS4G-Europe 2017 LOC
>
> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-eu_2017

Re: FOSS4G-Europe 2017: save the date!

Fenoy Gerald
Dear Jeff,
thanks a lot for the redirection!

Bes regards,

> Le 11 oct. 2016 à 15:50, Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Gérald,  I notice on the event wiki (even its name) the mention of "FOSS4G-eu"; I wonder if you could change that to use "Europe" instead? I find "FOSS4G-Europe" to be more inclusive.  Sorry for bringing politics into this, but I just wonder if we should be careful of this issue, well avoid this issue by just using "europe" text.
>
> -jeff
>

> On 2016-10-11 10:20 AM, Fenoy Gerald wrote:
>> Dear OSGeo community,
>> we are glad to announce that the FOSS4G-Europe 2017 will be held in Marne-La-Valée in France from July 19 to 21.
>>
>> The schedule is as follow:
>>  * July 18th: Workshops
>>  * July from 19th to 21th : Conference
>>  * July 22th: Code Sprint
>>
>> In case you are willing to help in the organization, please feel free to add your name on this page [1].
>>
>> More informations to come soon, by now make sure to save the date!
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> The FOSS4G-Europe 2017 LOC
>>
>> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-eu_2017

Gérald Fenoy
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Djay

Re: FOSS4G-Europe 2017: save the date!

jmckenna
Administrator
No problem, I also edited the wiki page to change a few 'eu' mentions.
Here is the proper link: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-Europe_2017  :)

-jeff

On 2016-10-11 11:01 AM, Fenoy Gerald wrote:

> Dear Jeff,
> thanks a lot for the redirection!
>
> Bes regards,
>
>> Le 11 oct. 2016 à 15:50, Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Gérald,  I notice on the event wiki (even its name) the mention of "FOSS4G-eu"; I wonder if you could change that to use "Europe" instead? I find "FOSS4G-Europe" to be more inclusive.  Sorry for bringing politics into this, but I just wonder if we should be careful of this issue, well avoid this issue by just using "europe" text.
>>
>> -jeff
>>

>> On 2016-10-11 10:20 AM, Fenoy Gerald wrote:
>>> Dear OSGeo community,
>>> we are glad to announce that the FOSS4G-Europe 2017 will be held in Marne-La-Valée in France from July 19 to 21.
>>>
>>> The schedule is as follow:
>>>  * July 18th: Workshops
>>>  * July from 19th to 21th : Conference
>>>  * July 22th: Code Sprint
>>>
>>> In case you are willing to help in the organization, please feel free to add your name on this page [1].
>>>
>>> More informations to come soon, by now make sure to save the date!
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> The FOSS4G-Europe 2017 LOC
>>>
>>> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-eu_2017

Re: FOSS4G-Europe 2017: save the date!

dirkf
Thanks for mentioning Jeff,
Of course we want to be inclusive. Details matter.

Dirk

On 11/10/2016 15:50, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> Gérald,  I notice on the event wiki (even its name) the mention of
> "FOSS4G-eu"; I wonder if you could change that to use "Europe" instead?
> I find "FOSS4G-Europe" to be more inclusive.  Sorry for bringing
> politics into this, but I just wonder if we should be careful of this
> issue, well avoid this issue by just using "europe" text.
>
> -jeff
>

> On 2016-10-11 10:20 AM, Fenoy Gerald wrote:
>> Dear OSGeo community,
>> we are glad to announce that the FOSS4G-Europe 2017 will be held in
>> Marne-La-Valée in France from July 19 to 21.
>>
>> The schedule is as follow:
>>   * July 18th: Workshops
>>   * July from 19th to 21th : Conference
>>   * July 22th: Code Sprint
>>
>> In case you are willing to help in the organization, please feel free
>> to add your name on this page [1].
>>
>> More informations to come soon, by now make sure to save the date!
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> The FOSS4G-Europe 2017 LOC
>>
>> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-eu_2017

Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO @geosparc

Geosparc n.v.
Brugsesteenweg 587
B-9030 Ghent
Tel: +32 9 236 60 18
GSM: +32 495 508 799

http://www.geomajas.org
http://www.geosparc.com

@DFrigne
be.linkedin.com/in/frigne

Re: FOSS4G-Europe 2017: save the date!

jmckenna
Administrator
Congrats on a nice website preview!  http://europe.foss4g.org/2017/
Well done on the ribbon and logo!!

-jeff

On 2016-10-11 10:20 AM, Fenoy Gerald wrote:

> Dear OSGeo community,
> we are glad to announce that the FOSS4G-Europe 2017 will be held in Marne-La-Valée in France from July 19 to 21.
>
> The schedule is as follow:
>   * July 18th: Workshops
>   * July from 19th to 21th : Conference
>   * July 22th: Code Sprint
>
> In case you are willing to help in the organization, please feel free to add your name on this page [1].
>
> More informations to come soon, by now make sure to save the date!
>
> Best regards,
>
> The FOSS4G-Europe 2017 LOC
>
> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-eu_2017

Re: FOSS4G-Europe 2017: save the date!

jmckenna
Administrator
I just re-shared this great event news on Twitter :)

Cheers from Canada.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna