FOSS4G-E Academic track

ldesousa
Dear all,

I am starting to set up the academic track for the coming conference. The most convenient would be to have just extended abstracts. Those accepted could later be archived. What formats were used in past conferences? As far as I know no one ever produced Proceedings or formal things of the like.

Thank you.

--
Luís Moreira de Sousa
Bowlespark 8

Re: FOSS4G-E Academic track

Marco Minghini
Dear all,

I am starting to set up the academic track for the coming conference. The most convenient would be to have just extended abstracts. Those accepted could later be archived. What formats were used in past conferences? As far as I know no one ever produced Proceedings or formal things of the like.

Dear Luí­s,
proceedings were produced for both FOSS4G Europe 2015 and FOSS4G Europe 2017.

- for FOSS4G Europe 2015 in Como, we first asked for abstracts and then for short or long papers (authors could choose), and we did publish Proceedings [1]. These proceedings included also the abstracts sent for the General Track and all the other Tracks we had.

- for FOSS4G Europe 2017 in Paris, extended abstracts were first asked and then authors of accepted abstracts were asked to send a paper. Thanks to the great work of Maria Brovelli with ISPRS, these papers were published in The International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences [2].

Cheers,
Marco

Re: FOSS4G-E Academic track

ldesousa
Thank you Marco,

I was not aware of these Proceedings; we must aim at something similar this year. If I am not mistaken, last year EasyChair was used - was the full process managed there? And in 2015, which platform you used?

If understand correctly, only the abstracts were reviewed? Or was there a second step for the full articles?

Thank you.

--

On January 21, 2018 12:54 PM, Marco Minghini <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

R: FOSS4G-E Academic track

Maria Antonia Brovelli
Last year we used easychair for managing the whole procedure.
We follow the "rules" of ISPRS, which require only the abstract to be reviewed.
Best regards
Maria

Inviato dal mio dispositivo Samsung

Re: R: FOSS4G-E Academic track

ldesousa
Thank you Maria,

since only the abstract is reviewed we might opt for a simpler platform (the EasyChair help has been down for over a week any way). Another question: what was the length required for the abstracts in the academic track?

Regards.
--

On 21 January 2018 10:59 PM, Maria Antonia Brovelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

Last year we used easychair for managing the whole procedure.
We follow the "rules" of ISPRS, which require only the abstract to be reviewed.
Best regards
Maria

Inviato dal mio dispositivo Samsung

Re: R: FOSS4G-E Academic track

Maria Antonia Brovelli

It was 500-800 words. Regards

Maria

Pay attention to this Special Issue and see if it is of interest by you:

http://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi/special_issues/Geospatial_Big_Data_Urban_Studies

Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Professor of GIS and Remote Sensing
Politecnico di Milano

ISPRS WG IV/4 "Collaborative crowdsourced cloud mapping (C3M)" http://www2.isprs.org/commissions/comm4/wg4.htmlBoard of Directors of OSGeo; GeoForAll Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET Advisory Board

UN-GGIM Academic Network Deputy Chair, UN-GGIM Italy, UN OpenGIS Initiative (Chair of the Capacity Building WG)

Sol Katz Award 2015

P.zza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - Building 3 - 20133 Milano (Italy)

Tel. +39-02-23996242 - Mob. +39-328-0023867,  [hidden email][hidden email]

Re: FOSS4G-E Academic track

Martin Landa

>> I am starting to set up the academic track for the coming conference. The most convenient would be to have just extended abstracts. Those accepted could later be >> archived. What formats were used in past conferences? As far as I know no one ever produced Proceedings or formal things of the like.

[...]

> - for FOSS4G Europe 2017 in Paris, extended abstracts were first asked and
> then authors of accepted abstracts were asked to send a paper. Thanks to the
> great work of Maria Brovelli with ISPRS, these papers were published in The
> International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial
> Information Sciences [2].

Another option is Geoinformatics CTU FCE journal [1]. BTW, in Paris
ASAIK the organizers had deal with this journal about publishing
papers in advance. At the end decision has been somehow changed as
Marco described. Truly to say I was unhappy about that not because I
am in editorial board of this journal, the real reason was different.
The father of this journal, prof. Cepek is my close friend and it was
not easy for me to explain him what happened. That's a story behind
which should be noted here.

@Luis, so please consider also this journal.

Ma

[1] https://ojs.cvut.cz/ojs/index.php/gi