FOSS4G-Be : Interpretation FR-NL & NL-FR : 29/10/15 ?

FOSS4G-Be : Interpretation FR-NL & NL-FR : 29/10/15 ?

Maelle Vercauteren
Hello everyone,
Following my Email July 8, I have one « couple » FR-NL and NL-FR interpreters/translators (2015 graduated from Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussels) who are still free on Friday, October 29, 2015. Their rate: 300 € / half day and 420 € / day. May I confirm that we will work with them or when will we confirm these two interpreters?
Thank you,
Maë//e

Thanks Tommy for the meeting's minutes !

For the « state of the map », we just discussed about the desire to collaborate with them : evaluating the possibility and feasibility of creating a common event in 2016 , etc. but for that we need more information. I think Marc told he could be in contact with them via the OpenStreetMap mailinglist....

On my way, I have some answer for the 2 translator'schools : ISTI (http://www.isti.eu/) et HUB (http://www.odisee.be/Odisee).

The Interpretation of the students involved for our FOSS4G-Be is compromised. Apparently, Master2 students are not yet able at the beginning of the year to offer a sufficient quality. In addition, it is apparently difficult for them to find a teacher to supervise students for such ab event.

On the side of ISTI, the concern is that in recent years there are not enough students working in the required language combination. They had no one with the Dutch MA2 this year...

The side of the Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel have recommended me 2 people who have passed the EN-N and N-Fr exams this year and that could try to fulfill this mission as a young professional.

I got an answer of one of them that isFR-NL and NL-FR interpreter and free on Thursday, October 29, 2015.
Her rates are: 300€ / half day and 420 € / day.
And she told to me that they need to be 2 interpreters per cabin.

Kinds Regards,
Maë//e

Re: FOSS4G-Be : Interpretation FR-NL & NL-FR : 29/10/15 ?

Marc Ducobu-2
Hello Maëlle,

The prices seems very interesting.

Do they also translate EN-FR & EN-NL ?

For the moment I received only one proposition of sponsors : Oslandia at
1000€.

Also do you have information where to rent audio-helmet ?

Thanks a lot.

Marc

On 07/08/15 09:38, Maelle Vercauteren wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> Following my Email July 8, I have one « couple » FR-NL and NL-FR
> interpreters/translators (2015 graduated from Hogeschool-Universiteit
> Brussels) who are still free on Friday, October 29, 2015. Their rate:
> 300 € / half day and 420 € / day. May I confirm that we will work with
> them or when will we confirm these two interpreters?
> Thank you,
> Maë//e

> <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
>     Thanks Tommy for the meeting's minutes !
>
>     For the « state of the map », we just discussed about the desire to
>     collaborate with them : evaluating the possibility and feasibility
>     of creating a common event in 2016 , etc. but for that we need more
>     information. I think Marc told he could be in contact with them via
>     the OpenStreetMap mailinglist....
>

>     On my way, I have some answer for the 2 translator'schools : ISTI
>     (http://www.isti.eu/) et HUB (http://www.odisee.be/Odisee).
>
>     The Interpretation of the students involved for our FOSS4G-Be is
>     compromised. Apparently, Master2 students are not yet able at the
>     beginning of the year to offer a sufficient quality. In addition, it
>     is apparently difficult for them to find a teacher to supervise
>     students for such ab event.
>
>     On the side of ISTI, the concern is that in recent years there are
>     not enough students working in the required language combination.
>     They had no one with the Dutch MA2 this year...
>
>     The side of the Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel have recommended me
>     2 people who have passed the EN-N and N-Fr exams this year and that
>     could try to fulfill this mission as a young professional.
>
>     I got an answer of one of them that isFR-NL and NL-FR interpreter
>     and free on Thursday, October 29, 2015.
>     Her rates are: 300€ / half day and 420 € / day.
>     And she told to me that they need to be 2 interpreters per cabin.
>
>     Kinds Regards,
>     Maë//e

Marc Ducobu
Champs Libres
http://www.champs-libres.coop
+32 494 91 52 47

Champs Libres Cooperative SCRLFS
Rue Jean Bury 23 - 4000 Liège - Belgique
BE0541.427.670

Re: FOSS4G-Be : Interpretation FR-NL & NL-FR : 29/10/15 ?

Maelle Vercauteren
Hello Marc,

Gaël told me that they have all the infrastructure including the audio-helmet.

They can't translate EN-FR & EN-NL but I can ask if they can recommand someone. But if we want EN-FR & EN-NL we need to add 2 couples of translator.

But I'm also in contact with Jean-Christophe Kuzniak, professor of interpretation Eng-Fr professor at ISTI. Mid-September, he will return to me regarding opportunities to have some of his students MA2 to ensure the ANG-FR interpretations for free.

Courage for the call of sponsors! Are you able to centralize potential contacts and to email them personally?

Kinds regards,
Maë//e

Hello Maëlle,

The prices seems very interesting.

Do they also translate EN-FR & EN-NL ?

For the moment I received only one proposition of sponsors : Oslandia at
1000€.

Also do you have information where to rent audio-helmet ?

Thanks a lot.

Marc

On 07/08/15 09:38, Maelle Vercauteren wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> Following my Email July 8, I have one « couple » FR-NL and NL-FR
> interpreters/translators (2015 graduated from Hogeschool-Universiteit
> Brussels) who are still free on Friday, October 29, 2015. Their rate:
> 300 € / half day and 420 € / day. May I confirm that we will work with
> them or when will we confirm these two interpreters?
> Thank you,
> Maë//e

> <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
>     Thanks Tommy for the meeting's minutes !
>
>     For the « state of the map », we just discussed about the desire to
>     collaborate with them : evaluating the possibility and feasibility
>     of creating a common event in 2016 , etc. but for that we need more
>     information. I think Marc told he could be in contact with them via
>     the OpenStreetMap mailinglist....
>

>     On my way, I have some answer for the 2 translator'schools : ISTI
>     (http://www.isti.eu/) et HUB (http://www.odisee.be/Odisee).
>
>     The Interpretation of the students involved for our FOSS4G-Be is
>     compromised. Apparently, Master2 students are not yet able at the
>     beginning of the year to offer a sufficient quality. In addition, it
>     is apparently difficult for them to find a teacher to supervise
>     students for such ab event.
>
>     On the side of ISTI, the concern is that in recent years there are
>     not enough students working in the required language combination.
>     They had no one with the Dutch MA2 this year...
>
>     The side of the Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel have recommended me
>     2 people who have passed the EN-N and N-Fr exams this year and that
>     could try to fulfill this mission as a young professional.
>
>     I got an answer of one of them that isFR-NL and NL-FR interpreter
>     and free on Thursday, October 29, 2015.
>     Her rates are: 300€ / half day and 420 € / day.
>     And she told to me that they need to be 2 interpreters per cabin.
>
>     Kinds Regards,
>     Maë//e

Marc Ducobu
Champs Libres
http://www.champs-libres.coop

Champs Libres Cooperative SCRLFS
Rue Jean Bury 23 - 4000 Liège - Belgique
BE0541.427.670

Maëlle VERCAUTEREN DRUBBEL
Coordinatrice du stage SIG Libres ARES

Université Libre de Bruxelles -
IGEAT (CP 130 / 03)

Av. F. D. Roosevelt, 50
B-1050 Bruxelles
Tél.: 02/650.68.14 Fax: 02/650.50.92 Local: DB6.143

Re: FOSS4G-Be : Interpretation FR-NL & NL-FR : 29/10/15 ?

Oliver May
Just out of curiosity, is there any point in translating EN-NL? Are there people at all in our target audience that are not able to understand an English presentation, or am I being naive?

cheers,

Oliver

> [...]

>     compromised. Apparently, Master2 students are not yet able at the
>     beginning of the year to offer a sufficient quality. In addition, it
>     is apparently difficult for them to find a teacher to supervise
>     students for such ab event.
>
>     On the side of ISTI, the concern is that in recent years there are
>     not enough students working in the required language combination.
>     They had no one with the Dutch MA2 this year...
>
>     The side of the Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel have recommended me
>     2 people who have passed the EN-N and N-Fr exams this year and that
>     could try to fulfill this mission as a young professional.
>
>     I got an answer of one of them that isFR-NL and NL-FR interpreter
>     and free on Thursday, October 29, 2015.
>     Her rates are: 300€ / half day and 420 € / day.
>     And she told to me that they need to be 2 interpreters per cabin.

Marc Ducobu
Champs Libres
http://www.champs-libres.coop

Champs Libres Cooperative SCRLFS
Rue Jean Bury 23 - 4000 Liège - Belgique
BE0541.427.670

Maëlle VERCAUTEREN DRUBBEL
Coordinatrice du stage SIG Libres ARES

Université Libre de Bruxelles -
IGEAT (CP 130 / 03)

Av. F. D. Roosevelt, 50
B-1050 Bruxelles
Tél.: 02/650.68.14 Fax: 02/650.50.92 Local: DB6.143

Oliver May

DFC Software Engineering

Brugsesteenweg 587
9030 Gent
T: +32 (0)484 97 77 70
F: +32 (0)9 236 54 12

W: http://www.dfc.be

Skype: skype://dfc.olivermay

Twitter: olivermay_be

On 12/08/15 10:42, Maelle Vercauteren wrote:
> Hello Marc,
>
> Gaël told me that they have all the infrastructure including the
> audio-helmet.

This is a good news :)

> They can't translate EN-FR & EN-NL but I can ask if they can recommand
> someone. But if we want EN-FR & EN-NL we need to add 2 couples of
> translator.

Yes NL-FR & FR-Nl is the priority. Abut the engish translation I think
it can be helpfull for poeple from the administration but maybe not
necessary... For the moment we do not have a lot of cots (no building
rental, no helmet rental, ...) so maybe we can invest in it.

> But I'm also in contact with Jean-Christophe Kuzniak, professor of
> interpretation Eng-Fr professor at ISTI. Mid-September, he will return
> to me regarding opportunities to have some of his students MA2 to ensure
> the ANG-FR interpretations for free.

I contact the faculty of translation of Mons but it is too early &
specific for their students.

> Courage for the call of sponsors! Are you able to centralize potential
> contacts and to email them personally?

Yes. Thanks a lot.