FOSS4G 2021

Caner Guney

Dear Members of OSGeo Conference Committee,

I regretfully inform you that we will not be able to apply for the second stage of FOSS4G 2021 for some reasons.

We're really sorry about the problems we caused.

We hope we can apply for next years.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Asst. Prof. Dr. Caner Guney

Istanbul Technical University

Re: FOSS4G 2021

Till Adams-3

Dear Caner,

this is really a shame, that you have to give up so close to the deadline. Also or above all because I think your team has already put a lot of effort and passion into your application.

But you will have serious reasons if you have to quit so close to the finish line.

BTW: It is also a pitty for the nice logo not to have the chance to get printed on hundreds of T-shirts now ...

In any case, many thanks for your effort and of course the next call for a location will surely come.

I wish you all the best and warm regards,

Till

Am 22.11.19 um 11:34 schrieb Caner Guney:

Dear Members of OSGeo Conference Committee,

I regretfully inform you that we will not be able to apply for the second stage of FOSS4G 2021 for some reasons.

We're really sorry about the problems we caused.

We hope we can apply for next years.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Asst. Prof. Dr. Caner Guney

Istanbul Technical University

Istanbul Team had to quit the competition for FOSS4G 2021 - what now?

Till Adams-3
Dear Conference Committee!

Regarding having a real competition, the fact, that the Istanbul Team
had to give up is a shame, but fortunately we still have one application
left!

@Buenos Aires Team: Please, please stay aboard!

I would propose to do the same, as we did for the Dar es Salam
application (this was the same situation, we only had one team left):

Carefully read the (hopefully) incoming proposal from Buenos Aires and
ask questions!

Finally we will do a simple yes/no vote on the proposal.

If anybody of you has a different opinion, please let us know.

Till

Re: Istanbul Team had to quit the competition for FOSS4G 2021 - what now?

delawen
Hi!

Just a quick update: Buenos Aires is waking up right now with the news
(9:45 in the morning right now). We are also a bit disappointed to be
alone on the competition, but we will be sending the proposal anyway
in a few hours.

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 1:40 PM Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Conference Committee!
>
> Regarding having a real competition, the fact, that the Istanbul Team
> had to give up is a shame, but fortunately we still have one application
> left!
>
> @Buenos Aires Team: Please, please stay aboard!
>

> I would propose to do the same, as we did for the Dar es Salam
> application (this was the same situation, we only had one team left):
>
> Carefully read the (hopefully) incoming proposal from Buenos Aires and
> ask questions!
>
> Finally we will do a simple yes/no vote on the proposal.
>

> If anybody of you has a different opinion, please let us know.
>

> Till

Re: Istanbul Team had to quit the competition for FOSS4G 2021 - what now?

Till Adams-3
Thanks!!!

Till

Am 22.11.19 um 13:44 schrieb María Arias de Reyna:

> Hi!
>
> Just a quick update: Buenos Aires is waking up right now with the news
> (9:45 in the morning right now). We are also a bit disappointed to be
> alone on the competition, but we will be sending the proposal anyway
> in a few hours.
>
> On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 1:40 PM Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear Conference Committee!
>>
>> Regarding having a real competition, the fact, that the Istanbul Team
>> had to give up is a shame, but fortunately we still have one application
>> left!
>>
>> @Buenos Aires Team: Please, please stay aboard!
>>

>> I would propose to do the same, as we did for the Dar es Salam
>> application (this was the same situation, we only had one team left):
>>
>> Carefully read the (hopefully) incoming proposal from Buenos Aires and
>> ask questions!
>>
>> Finally we will do a simple yes/no vote on the proposal.
>>

>> If anybody of you has a different opinion, please let us know.
>>

>> Till

Re: Istanbul Team had to quit the competition for FOSS4G 2021 - what now?

stevenfeldman
I think the CC should still ask detailed questions of the BALOC and even seek minor changes if we feel that they are needed. We should then vote on the proposal and hopefully have a strong majority supporting the decision to award FOSS4G 2021 to BA (if less than 50% of CC vote in favour I think we have a problem recommending BA to the board, but let’s cross that bridge when we come to it!)

Looking forward to reading the BA proposal 🙂
______
Steven

Unusual maps in strange places -  mappery.org

Subscribe to my weekly “Maps in the Wild” newsletter

On 22 Nov 2019, at 12:44, María Arias de Reyna <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Dear Caner

That is a great shame, we were looking forward to a strong competition for 2021. Thank you for your effort up to now. I hope to see  a proposal from Istanbul in 2024

Best regards
______

On 22 Nov 2019, at 10:34, Caner Guney <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Members of OSGeo Conference Committee,

I regretfully inform you that we will not be able to apply for the second stage of FOSS4G 2021 for some reasons.

We're really sorry about the problems we caused.

We hope we can apply for next years.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Asst. Prof. Dr. Caner Guney

Istanbul Technical University

<nagojkhcjeoijbgm.png>

Re: FOSS4G 2021

Jachym Cepicky
Guys,
keep calm. Remember 2012 and China bit?

this is ok, since 2021 is the "3rd world" year, I serious successful
proposal is success!

pá 22. 11. 2019 v 15:16 odesílatel Steven Feldman <[hidden email]> napsal:

> Dear Caner
>
> That is a great shame, we were looking forward to a strong competition for 2021. Thank you for your effort up to now. I hope to see  a proposal from Istanbul in 2024
>
> Best regards
> ______
> Steven
>
> Unusual maps in strange places -  mappery.org
>
> Subscribe to my weekly “Maps in the Wild” newsletter
>
> On 22 Nov 2019, at 10:34, Caner Guney <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Members of OSGeo Conference Committee,
>
> I regretfully inform you that we will not be able to apply for the second stage of FOSS4G 2021 for some reasons.
>
> We're really sorry about the problems we caused.
>
> We hope we can apply for next years.
>
> Thank you for your understanding.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Asst. Prof. Dr. Caner Guney
>
> Istanbul Technical University
>
> <nagojkhcjeoijbgm.png>

Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com

Re: FOSS4G 2021

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS)-2
I think you should rephrase this Jachym.

Other than Europe and North America is not third world.

Please.

Best regards,
Bart

Sent from my iPhone

> On 22 Nov 2019, at 15:46, Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Guys,
> keep calm. Remember 2012 and China bit?
>
> this is ok, since 2021 is the "3rd world" year, I serious successful
> proposal is success!

> pá 22. 11. 2019 v 15:16 odesílatel Steven Feldman <[hidden email]> napsal:
>>
>> Dear Caner
>>
>> That is a great shame, we were looking forward to a strong competition for 2021. Thank you for your effort up to now. I hope to see  a proposal from Istanbul in 2024
>>
>> Best regards
>> ______
>> Steven
>>
>> Unusual maps in strange places -  mappery.org
>>
>> Subscribe to my weekly “Maps in the Wild” newsletter
>>
>> On 22 Nov 2019, at 10:34, Caner Guney <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Members of OSGeo Conference Committee,
>>
>> I regretfully inform you that we will not be able to apply for the second stage of FOSS4G 2021 for some reasons.
>>
>> We're really sorry about the problems we caused.
>>
>> We hope we can apply for next years.
>>
>> Thank you for your understanding.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Asst. Prof. Dr. Caner Guney
>>
>> Istanbul Technical University
>>
>> <nagojkhcjeoijbgm.png>

> Jachym Cepicky
> e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com
> GPG: http://les-ejk.cz/pgp/JachymCepicky.pgp

Re: FOSS4G 2021

Jachym Cepicky
No offence

I come from country, which loves to describe itself as central Europe,
while everybody else is calling it eastern Europe

please understand this as my English shortage

pá 22. 11. 2019 v 15:57 odesílatel Bart van den Eijnden
<[hidden email]> napsal:

> I think you should rephrase this Jachym.
>
> Other than Europe and North America is not third world.
>
> Please.
>
> Best regards,
> Bart
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On 22 Nov 2019, at 15:46, Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Guys,
> > keep calm. Remember 2012 and China bit?
> >
> > this is ok, since 2021 is the "3rd world" year, I serious successful
> > proposal is success!

> > pá 22. 11. 2019 v 15:16 odesílatel Steven Feldman <[hidden email]> napsal:
> >>
> >> Dear Caner
> >>
> >> That is a great shame, we were looking forward to a strong competition for 2021. Thank you for your effort up to now. I hope to see  a proposal from Istanbul in 2024
> >>
> >> Best regards
> >> ______
> >> Steven
> >>
> >> Unusual maps in strange places -  mappery.org
> >>
> >> Subscribe to my weekly “Maps in the Wild” newsletter
> >>
> >> On 22 Nov 2019, at 10:34, Caner Guney <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Dear Members of OSGeo Conference Committee,
> >>
> >> I regretfully inform you that we will not be able to apply for the second stage of FOSS4G 2021 for some reasons.
> >>
> >> We're really sorry about the problems we caused.
> >>
> >> We hope we can apply for next years.
> >>
> >> Thank you for your understanding.
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >>
> >> Asst. Prof. Dr. Caner Guney
> >>
> >> Istanbul Technical University
> >>
> >> <nagojkhcjeoijbgm.png>

> > --
> > Jachym Cepicky
> > e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com
> > GPG: http://les-ejk.cz/pgp/JachymCepicky.pgp

Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com

Re: FOSS4G 2021

Malena Libman
Hello all!

We have been putting a lot of energy into our proposal and we are really sad Istanbul is not going to make it. We were really looking forward to some healthy competition, something we feel makes us better.

We set ourselves to build the best FOSS4G Buenos Aires can give, not thinking that because we are a non European or North American country we should do or offer less. .

I, personally, don't believe that the first/third world configuration is really something we should keep using as it presents a bipolar world.

In fact, it is a very outdated and useless definition coming from the Cold War to try to distinguish between capitalists and communist and "the rest that didn't fit as allies", which clearly does not apply anymore.

Lastly, some of the BALOC is gathering tonight to send together the amazing proposal we build for this Bid, we hope you read in the document the love we put in and how much we want to be the hosts of the 2021 international FOSS4G.

Best regards,

Malena Libman

<[hidden email]> napsal:

> I think you should rephrase this Jachym.
>
> Other than Europe and North America is not third world.
>
> Please.
>
> Best regards,
> Bart
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On 22 Nov 2019, at 15:46, Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Guys,
> > keep calm. Remember 2012 and China bit?
> >
> > this is ok, since 2021 is the "3rd world" year, I serious successful
> > proposal is success!

> > pá 22. 11. 2019 v 15:16 odesílatel Steven Feldman <[hidden email]> napsal:
> >>
> >> Dear Caner
> >>
> >> That is a great shame, we were looking forward to a strong competition for 2021. Thank you for your effort up to now. I hope to see  a proposal from Istanbul in 2024
> >>
> >> Best regards
> >> ______
> >> Steven
> >>
> >> Unusual maps in strange places -  mappery.org
> >>
> >> Subscribe to my weekly “Maps in the Wild” newsletter
> >>
> >> On 22 Nov 2019, at 10:34, Caner Guney <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Dear Members of OSGeo Conference Committee,
> >>
> >> I regretfully inform you that we will not be able to apply for the second stage of FOSS4G 2021 for some reasons.
> >>
> >> We're really sorry about the problems we caused.
> >>
> >> We hope we can apply for next years.
> >>
> >> Thank you for your understanding.
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >>
> >> Asst. Prof. Dr. Caner Guney
> >>
> >> Istanbul Technical University
> >>
> >> <nagojkhcjeoijbgm.png>

> > --
> > Jachym Cepicky
> > e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com
> > GPG: http://les-ejk.cz/pgp/JachymCepicky.pgp

Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com

Re: FOSS4G 2021

Eli Adam
On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 9:01 AM Malena Libman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all!
>

> I, personally, don't believe that the first/third world configuration is really something we should keep using as it presents a bipolar world.

This is not the language of the conference committee.

In a previous thread,
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2017-February/004308.html
, the best we came up with was "Other regions."  I think that the
conference committee is open for other suggestions or input as well.
What do you think of "Europe, North America, and Other regions?"

Best regards, Eli

> In fact, it is a very outdated and useless definition coming from the Cold War to try to distinguish between capitalists and communist and "the rest that didn't fit as allies", which clearly does not apply anymore.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Malena Libman
>
> El vie., 22 nov. 2019 a las 12:16, Jachym Cepicky (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
>>
>> No offence
>>
>> I come from country, which loves to describe itself as central Europe,
>> while everybody else is calling it eastern Europe
>>
>> please understand this as my English shortage

>> pá 22. 11. 2019 v 15:57 odesílatel Bart van den Eijnden
>> <[hidden email]> napsal:
>> >
>> > I think you should rephrase this Jachym.
>> >
>> > Other than Europe and North America is not third world.
>> >
>> > Please.
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> > Bart
>> >
>> > Sent from my iPhone

>> --
>> Jachym Cepicky
>> e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com
>> GPG: http://les-ejk.cz/pgp/JachymCepicky.pgp

Re: FOSS4G 2021

Mark Iliffe-2
Dear Malena, Caner, All,

As the co-Chair of the Dar es Saalam 2018 committee I'd like to offer my thanks to you both for pushing forward. It is critical that this community realises new frontiers, to establish communities of practice, and ultimately raise the geospatial capacity within their countries. I see the effect that Dar es Salaam had on energising the region, and one that has a clear resonance today. Regardless where the conference is to be held in 2021, taking it this far is an immense achievement that should be commended.

I look forward to seeing you in 2021, wherever that may be.

Cheers,

Mark

<[hidden email]> napsal:

> I think you should rephrase this Jachym.
>
> Other than Europe and North America is not third world.
>
> Please.
>
> Best regards,
> Bart
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On 22 Nov 2019, at 15:46, Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Guys,
> > keep calm. Remember 2012 and China bit?
> >
> > this is ok, since 2021 is the "3rd world" year, I serious successful
> > proposal is success!

> > pá 22. 11. 2019 v 15:16 odesílatel Steven Feldman <[hidden email]> napsal:
> >>
> >> Dear Caner
> >>
> >> That is a great shame, we were looking forward to a strong competition for 2021. Thank you for your effort up to now. I hope to see  a proposal from Istanbul in 2024
> >>
> >> Best regards
> >> ______
> >> Steven
> >>
> >> Unusual maps in strange places -  mappery.org
> >>
> >> Subscribe to my weekly “Maps in the Wild” newsletter
> >>
> >> On 22 Nov 2019, at 10:34, Caner Guney <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Dear Members of OSGeo Conference Committee,
> >>
> >> I regretfully inform you that we will not be able to apply for the second stage of FOSS4G 2021 for some reasons.
> >>
> >> We're really sorry about the problems we caused.
> >>
> >> We hope we can apply for next years.
> >>
> >> Thank you for your understanding.
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >>
> >> Asst. Prof. Dr. Caner Guney
> >>
> >> Istanbul Technical University
> >>
> >> <nagojkhcjeoijbgm.png>

> > --
> > Jachym Cepicky
> > e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com
> > GPG: http://les-ejk.cz/pgp/JachymCepicky.pgp

Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com

Re: FOSS4G 2021

Malena Libman
I think Other regions is as good as it gets!

El vie., 22 nov. 2019 a las 14:14, Eli Adam (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 9:01 AM Malena Libman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all!
>

> I, personally, don't believe that the first/third world configuration is really something we should keep using as it presents a bipolar world.

This is not the language of the conference committee.

In a previous thread,
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2017-February/004308.html
, the best we came up with was "Other regions."  I think that the
conference committee is open for other suggestions or input as well.
What do you think of "Europe, North America, and Other regions?"

Best regards, Eli

> In fact, it is a very outdated and useless definition coming from the Cold War to try to distinguish between capitalists and communist and "the rest that didn't fit as allies", which clearly does not apply anymore.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Malena Libman
>
> El vie., 22 nov. 2019 a las 12:16, Jachym Cepicky (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
>>
>> No offence
>>
>> I come from country, which loves to describe itself as central Europe,
>> while everybody else is calling it eastern Europe
>>
>> please understand this as my English shortage

>> pá 22. 11. 2019 v 15:57 odesílatel Bart van den Eijnden
>> <[hidden email]> napsal:
>> >
>> > I think you should rephrase this Jachym.
>> >
>> > Other than Europe and North America is not third world.
>> >
>> > Please.
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> > Bart
>> >
>> > Sent from my iPhone

>> --
>> Jachym Cepicky
>> e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com
>> GPG: http://les-ejk.cz/pgp/JachymCepicky.pgp

Re: FOSS4G 2021

Eli Adam
Hi Malena and BALOC,

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 9:01 AM Malena Libman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> We have been putting a lot of energy into our proposal and we are really sad Istanbul is not going to make it. We were really looking forward to some healthy competition, something we feel makes us better.

Reviewing the process,
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2021_Bid_Process, indicates that
things proceed as usual.

> We set ourselves to build the best FOSS4G Buenos Aires can give, not thinking that because we are a non European or North American country we should do or offer less. .
>

> Lastly, some of the BALOC is gathering tonight to send together the amazing proposal we build for this Bid, we hope you read in the document the love we put in and how much we want to be the hosts of the 2021 international FOSS4G.

You will still need to send an amazing proposal and expect that your
proposal will receive full questioning and scrutiny.  Please be
responsive and answer and detail information requested.  It is not a
forgone conclusion that BALOC will be selected.  If BALOC presents an
amazing proposal (that holds up to rigorous scrutiny, has no major
flaws, and is responsive to input), then there is a good chance that
BALOC will be selected.

Good luck finishing your proposal.

Best regards, Eli

> Best regards,
>
> Malena Libman
>
> El vie., 22 nov. 2019 a las 12:16, Jachym Cepicky (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
>>
>> No offence
>>
>> I come from country, which loves to describe itself as central Europe,
>> while everybody else is calling it eastern Europe
>>
>> please understand this as my English shortage

>> pá 22. 11. 2019 v 15:57 odesílatel Bart van den Eijnden
>> <[hidden email]> napsal:
>> >
>> > I think you should rephrase this Jachym.
>> >
>> > Other than Europe and North America is not third world.
>> >
>> > Please.
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> > Bart
>> >
>> > Sent from my iPhone

>> --
>> Jachym Cepicky
>> e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com
>> GPG: http://les-ejk.cz/pgp/JachymCepicky.pgp

Re: FOSS4G 2021

Malena Libman
That is a given! We are ready to answer as quickly as possible all questions and requests needed to evaluate us as any other proposal, even if we are the only ones.

Cheers

Malena

El vie., 22 nov. 2019 a las 14:24, Eli Adam (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Hi Malena and BALOC,

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 9:01 AM Malena Libman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> We have been putting a lot of energy into our proposal and we are really sad Istanbul is not going to make it. We were really looking forward to some healthy competition, something we feel makes us better.

Reviewing the process,
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2021_Bid_Process, indicates that
things proceed as usual.

> We set ourselves to build the best FOSS4G Buenos Aires can give, not thinking that because we are a non European or North American country we should do or offer less. .
>

> Lastly, some of the BALOC is gathering tonight to send together the amazing proposal we build for this Bid, we hope you read in the document the love we put in and how much we want to be the hosts of the 2021 international FOSS4G.

You will still need to send an amazing proposal and expect that your
proposal will receive full questioning and scrutiny.  Please be
responsive and answer and detail information requested.  It is not a
forgone conclusion that BALOC will be selected.  If BALOC presents an
amazing proposal (that holds up to rigorous scrutiny, has no major
flaws, and is responsive to input), then there is a good chance that
BALOC will be selected.

Good luck finishing your proposal.

Best regards, Eli

> Best regards,
>
> Malena Libman
>
> El vie., 22 nov. 2019 a las 12:16, Jachym Cepicky (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
>>
>> No offence
>>
>> I come from country, which loves to describe itself as central Europe,
>> while everybody else is calling it eastern Europe
>>
>> please understand this as my English shortage

>> pá 22. 11. 2019 v 15:57 odesílatel Bart van den Eijnden
>> <[hidden email]> napsal:
>> >
>> > I think you should rephrase this Jachym.
>> >
>> > Other than Europe and North America is not third world.
>> >
>> > Please.
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> > Bart
>> >
>> > Sent from my iPhone

>> --
>> Jachym Cepicky
>> e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com
>> GPG: http://les-ejk.cz/pgp/JachymCepicky.pgp

Re: FOSS4G 2021

Till Adams-3

I think we make a useless discussion. Jachym excused himself for using
the wrong term and in OSGeo it's been usus for a long time that we say
"other regions".

So let's concentrate on a fair evaluation process for the BA bid.

Till

Am 22.11.19 um 18:24 schrieb Eli Adam:

> Hi Malena and BALOC,
>
> On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 9:01 AM Malena Libman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello all!
>>
>> We have been putting a lot of energy into our proposal and we are really sad Istanbul is not going to make it. We were really looking forward to some healthy competition, something we feel makes us better.
> Reviewing the process,
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2021_Bid_Process, indicates that
> things proceed as usual.
>
>> We set ourselves to build the best FOSS4G Buenos Aires can give, not thinking that because we are a non European or North American country we should do or offer less. .
>>

>> Lastly, some of the BALOC is gathering tonight to send together the amazing proposal we build for this Bid, we hope you read in the document the love we put in and how much we want to be the hosts of the 2021 international FOSS4G.
>>
> You will still need to send an amazing proposal and expect that your
> proposal will receive full questioning and scrutiny.  Please be
> responsive and answer and detail information requested.  It is not a
> forgone conclusion that BALOC will be selected.  If BALOC presents an
> amazing proposal (that holds up to rigorous scrutiny, has no major
> flaws, and is responsive to input), then there is a good chance that
> BALOC will be selected.
>
> Good luck finishing your proposal.
>
> Best regards, Eli
>

>> Best regards,
>>
>> Malena Libman
>>
>> El vie., 22 nov. 2019 a las 12:16, Jachym Cepicky (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
>>> No offence
>>>
>>> I come from country, which loves to describe itself as central Europe,
>>> while everybody else is calling it eastern Europe
>>>
>>> please understand this as my English shortage

>>> pá 22. 11. 2019 v 15:57 odesílatel Bart van den Eijnden

>>> --
>>> Jachym Cepicky
>>> e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com
>>> GPG: http://les-ejk.cz/pgp/JachymCepicky.pgp

Re: FOSS4G 2021

Jachym Cepicky
Thank you Till,

just to formulate it more precisely: my apologise for using the wrong
term. It just picked the first one, which came to my mind. Of course I
agree, that "other regions" is the more proper term. I was not
describing any economical nor political parts of world.

My point was: as long as there is single successful proposal, it's enough.

Cheers

Jachym