FOSS4G 2019 Streaming presentations

stevenfeldman
Bucharest and Seville

You will have read this thread about the cost of FOSS4G on the Discuss list http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Costly-FOSS4Gs-tc5338510.html

One point that was made was that streaming all of the presentations was a way of making FOSS4G accessible to those who cannot afford to attend

In your proposals could you include your ideas to stream presentations (either live or soon after, say within 24 hours). It's not mandatory but I think it is very desirable

Cheers

Steven

Re: FOSS4G 2019 Streaming presentations

delawen
Hi Steven,

Yes, we are working on a proposal for this. Thanks for pointing it!

El 22 oct. 2017 14:54, "Steven Feldman" <[hidden email]> escribió:
Bucharest and Seville

You will have read this thread about the cost of FOSS4G on the Discuss list http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Costly-FOSS4Gs-tc5338510.html

One point that was made was that streaming all of the presentations was a way of making FOSS4G accessible to those who cannot afford to attend

In your proposals could you include your ideas to stream presentations (either live or soon after, say within 24 hours). It's not mandatory but I think it is very desirable

Cheers

Steven

Re: FOSS4G 2019 Streaming presentations

Vasile Crăciunescu
Hi Steven,

We will address this in our proposal. Thank you!

Best,
Vasile

On 10/22/17 8:54 PM, Steven Feldman wrote:

> Bucharest and Seville
>
> You will have read this thread about the cost of FOSS4G on the Discuss
> list http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Costly-FOSS4Gs-tc5338510.html
>
> One point that was made was that streaming all of the presentations was
> a way of making FOSS4G accessible to those who cannot afford to attend
>
> In your proposals could you include your ideas to stream presentations
> (either live or soon after, say within 24 hours). It's not mandatory but
> I think it is very desirable
>
> Cheers
>
> Steven

Re: FOSS4G 2019 Streaming presentations

Sanghee Shin

Hi all,

I like the idea of recording all the session and then streaming that later. However I do not prefer to live stream the conference, since live streaming usually costs a lot and I’m not sure whether it is cost effective way of making FOSS4G more accessible one.

Cheers,

신상희
---
Shin, Sanghee
Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
www.gaia3d.com

보낸 사람: [hidden email]
보낸 날짜: 2017 10 23일 월요일 오전 3:48
받는 사람: [hidden email]
제목: Re: [OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2019 Streaming presentations

Hi Steven,

We will address this in our proposal. Thank you!

Best,

Vasile

On 10/22/17 8:54 PM, Steven Feldman wrote:

> Bucharest and Seville

> You will have read this thread about the cost of FOSS4G on the Discuss

> list http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Costly-FOSS4Gs-tc5338510.html

> One point that was made was that streaming all of the presentations was

> a way of making FOSS4G accessible to those who cannot afford to attend

> In your proposals could you include your ideas to stream presentations

> (either live or soon after, say within 24 hours). It's not mandatory but

> I think it is very desirable

> Cheers

> Steven

Re: FOSS4G 2019 Streaming presentations

Darrell Fuhriman
I can probably dig up the numbers, but in the quotes we got for 2014, the cost of adding streaming was fairly small. Less than 10% added cost IIRC. Which makes sense, since most of the cost is really in labor.  (Yes, you could get volunteers, but let’s face it, you get what you pay for.)

d.