FOSS4G 2019 GeoNode status talk

Angelos Tzotsos
Hi all,

We are only 12h from deadline to submit a GeoNode status talk to FOSS4G.
Has anyone submitted this talk?
If not, does anyone have the abstract from last year in order to adapt
and submit?

Best,
Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member

Re: FOSS4G 2019 GeoNode status talk

Alessio Fabiani-2
Hi Angelos,
right, thanks for highlighting this. you are right.

If no other options/volunteers, I can submit it. The most updated one currently is the one submitted by @capooti (Paolo Corti) @ FOSS4G-NA.

Let me check if I can retrieve it somewhere or if Paolo can send it to us.

Il giorno lun 15 apr 2019 alle ore 13:46 Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Hi all,

We are only 12h from deadline to submit a GeoNode status talk to FOSS4G.
Has anyone submitted this talk?
If not, does anyone have the abstract from last year in order to adapt
and submit?

Best,
Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

==

==
Ing. Alessio Fabiani

@alfa7691
Founder/Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A - 55054  Massarosa (LU) - Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39 331 6233686

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

Re: FOSS4G 2019 GeoNode status talk

xbartolone
Hi Alessio,

The presentation from Paolo is great but I would suggest to use the abstract below from the article written at the beginning of this year.

###

GeoNode is an open source framework designed to build geospatial content management systems (GeoCMS) and spatial data infrastructure (SDI) nodes. Its development was initiated by the Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR) in 2009 and adopted by a large number of organizations in the following years. Using an open source stack based on mature and robust frameworks and software like Django, OpenLayers, PostGIS, GeoServer and pycsw, an organization can build on top of GeoNode its SDI or geospatial open data portal. GeoNode provides a large number of user friendly capabilities, broad interoperability using Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standards, and a powerful authentication/authorization mechanism. Supported by a vast, diverse and global open source community, GeoNode is an official project of the Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo).

###

Francesco
Il 15 apr 2019, 14:31 +0200, Alessio Fabiani <[hidden email]>, ha scritto:
[...]

Excellent!

Can you please submit it Alessio as the PSC chair?

Thanks!
Angelos

On 4/15/19 3:34 PM, Francesco Bartoli wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

Yeps. Thanks both.

Il giorno lun 15 apr 2019 alle ore 14:39 Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
> [...]

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

Done

Il giorno lun 15 apr 2019 alle ore 14:40 Alessio Fabiani <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
> [...]

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

Paolo Corti
Thanks Alessio and all of you for taking care of this. Tomorrow I will give you the GeoNode talk at FOSS4G NA in San Diego. Here is the abstract which we used in case you want to extend the current one:

Elevator pitch:

This talk will discuss the current state of GeoNode, a popular open source geospatial Content Management System with a large users and developers community. The talk will provide highlights of the story of the project, its community and infrastructure, its features and capabilities, a showcase of successful implementations, its architecture and a review of what is new in the latest version.

GeoNode is a popular geospatial CMS, funded 10 years ago and built on top of a large and  world-wide spread users and developers community. Based on a full open source stack, including popular OSGeo projects, it is used by a large number of organizations, universities and companies to disseminate geospatial data and build SDIs. This talk will focus on the story of the project, its community and the current state of GeoNode codebase.

The talk will:

* give an overview of the story of the project, its community and its infrastructure
* analyze the project main use cases and its features
* discuss a number of successful use cases and popular implementations
* provide a brief overview of the architecture, which is based exclusively on open source software frameworks, including PostGIS, GeoServer, pycsw and many others
* discuss the current state of the project, including the work done for the current 2.10 release, providing details about the new features which were developed

cheers
Paolo

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 8:43 AM Alessio Fabiani <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

Geospatial software developer
web: http://www.paolocorti.net
twitter: @capooti
skype: capooti

Re: FOSS4G 2019 GeoNode status talk

xbartolone
Thanks Paolo, this sounds much much better