FOSS4G 2018 - Questions for Lima

stevenfeldman
Lima team

Thanks for your Letter of Intent to host FOSS4G 2018. Here are my questions to start things off, hopefully more will follow from others

  1. For the benefit of those of us who are not familiar with Lima, could you give us an indication of the climate in September
  2. You have not clearly answered a number of the “Requirements” in your Letter namely:
    1. 2.     Who else is on your local organizing committee (LOC)?
      4.     What is your proposed venue? (include access to Internet, room sizes, maximum attendees)
      5.     What are your provisional dates for the conference?
      6.     Early thoughts on prices of conference attendance? (indicative estimates)
      7.   What is the price range and general location of your proposed accommodations?  (hotels)
  3. Are you intending to use a Professional Conference Organiser?

Thanks
______
Steven

Re: FOSS4G 2018 - Questions for Lima

Sanghee Shin
Dear Lima team,

First of all thank you for your interest in hosting FOSS4G conference in your city.

Can you please provide information about security situation in your city and around the venue? Also I’d like to know whether there was any terror attack/ attempts in your city within the last 1 year. If any, please report that.

Kind regards,
신상희
---
Shin, Sanghee
Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
http://www.gaia3d.com

2016. 10. 11., 오후 7:09, Steven Feldman <[hidden email]> 작성:

[...]

Cameron Shorter
Lima team,
One of the things we have discovered [1] from past OSGeo conferences is
that more than half the attendees at a conference are typically sourced
locally/regionally.

What are your thoughts on attracting attendees from within the South
American region.
My limited experience traveling in South America was that it was
primarily Spanish speaking, with limited people speaking English. Do you
have any experience you can draw up to suggest that Spanish speaking
technical and OSGeo community will want to attend an English speaking
international conference?

[1]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BpkO5WOFQ_DZEWNMLj_hAhEre0m0io_j-JGf7geAW5Y/edit?hl=en_GB#gid=57

--