FOSS4G 2018 - Questions for Bangkok

stevenfeldman
Bangkok team

Thanks for your Letter of Intent to host FOSS4G 2018. Here are my questions to start things off, hopefully more will follow from others

  1. For the benefit of those of us who are not familiar with Bangkok, could you give us an indication of the climate in September
  2. How long is the transfer from Bangkok to Pattaya?

Thanks
______
Steven

Re: FOSS4G 2018 - Questions for Bangkok

Sanghee Shin
Dear Bangkok team,

First of all thank you for your interest in hosting FOSS4G conference in your city.

1. Can you please provide information about security situation in your city and around the venue? Also I’d like to know whether there was any terror attack/ attempts in your city within the last 1 year. If any, please report that.

2. Do you believe you can get major sponsorship from Thai government, if you won this bidding?

Kind regards,
신상희
---
Shin, Sanghee
Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
http://www.gaia3d.com

2016. 10. 11., 오후 6:32, Steven Feldman <[hidden email]> 작성:

Bangkok team

Thanks for your Letter of Intent to host FOSS4G 2018. Here are my questions to start things off, hopefully more will follow from others

  1. For the benefit of those of us who are not familiar with Bangkok, could you give us an indication of the climate in September
  2. How long is the transfer from Bangkok to Pattaya?

Thanks
______
Steven

Re: FOSS4G 2018 - Questions for Bangkok

nitin kumar tripathi
Dear Sanghee Shin

I appreciate your very crucial question for any conf.: My answers are:

1. Can you please provide information about security situation in your city and around the venue? Also I’d like to know whether there was any terror attack/ attempts in your city within the last 1 year. If any, please report that.

Nitin Tripathi: Jomtien Beach area is a very clean white serene beach and in recent years it has never seen any kind of terror attacks. This hotel is around 15 minutes away from vibrant Pattaya so very quiet.

2. Do you believe you can get major sponsorship from Thai government, if you won this bidding?

Nitin Tripathi: We already have assurance from few Thai Univ, GISTDA (Thai Space Agency) and CCM systems. Other organisations which have always supported our conferences in past will surely extend the support as FOSS4G 2018 will be a grand event addressing the major smart city issues which India, Thailand, and other ASEAN nations are trying to achieve through smart systems involving GIT.

Not only Thailand, I am also very optimistic about Indian organisations like National Remote Sensing Centre Hyderabad and Ministry of Science and Technology will join as sponsor and take lead in supporting this event.

Thanks once again for your question and I hope I was able to provide you enough feedback.

With best regards

NItin Tripathi

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 3:24 PM, Sanghee Shin <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Till Adams-3
Dear Bangkok team!

1.)
Let's say you achieve 600 attendees and regarding your cost-structure
of 450/400/300$ conference price and assume 30% Early Birdies paying 20%
less I can do the following rough calculation:
300 x regular x 450$
200 x regular low/middle income eco x 400$
100 x students x 300$
400 x workshop (-30% because 1 workshop free for early birdies) x 50 =
16k
----
total income: (135k + 80k + 30k) - 20% + 16k from workshops = 216k $

I am also not aware about your costs for venue/food/PCO etc.

I know, this is a conservative and very rough calculation and we are in
an really early stage, but I would be happy if you could outline your
financial calculation a little bit more precise?

2.) Maybe it's just a misunderstanding, but you list two conference
chairs, but who will be the chair or do you plan to chair the conference
with two people?
Background: Two years ago we (F4G 2016's Bonn's LOC) did the same in
our proposal but we were pleased to nominate one chair.

Kind regards, Till