FOSS4G 2017 annual general meeting: call for project, chapters and committee brief reports

FOSS4G 2017 annual general meeting: call for project, chapters and committee brief reports

Helena Mitasova-7

Dear OSGeo community:

As in previous years the OSGeo Annual General Meeting will take place at FOSS4G 2017 Global  - this year in Boston on Friday, August 18 at 1:30pm. The preliminary program is being prepared on wiki

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meeting_2017

We would like to ask representatives of projects, local chapters and committees please sign up if your would like to report on your activities. Based on the number of contributions we will decide on the time slots and format of the presentations.

We are also preparing OSGeo booth - if you would like to volunteer for the booth, please sign up on the wiki so that we can see how many volunteers are available and we will then prepare a schedule table to sign up for specific time slots

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2017_Booth

New this year:

We invite local chapters, osgeo projects, geoforall labs and OSGeo partners to volunteer for a time slot at the booth and promote their activities (bring your flyers, brochures, stickers etc.).

Thank you all for your cooperation and we are looking forward to meeting in Boston, there is still time to register at http://2017.foss4g.org/register/

Helena Mitasova for the OSGeo Board of directors

--
Helena Mitasova
Professor

ph: 919-513-1327 (no voicemail)
fax 919 515-7802

Re: FOSS4G 2017 annual general meeting: call for project, chapters and committee brief reports

jody.garnett
We are starting to assemble slides for AGM:

Thanks to the Italian local chapter for starting things off!

This is our AGM meeting as an organization - project officers and committee chairs should attend (or send a delegate from your community). You may also join an IRC meeting in September if needed.

On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 9:49 PM Helena Mitasova <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Jody Garnett

Re: FOSS4G 2017 annual general meeting: call for project, chapters and committee brief reports

Helena Mitasova-7
Thanks Jody for starting the slide deck and thanks to all who have contributed so far about local chapters and projects.
I have added few draft slides reflecting the osgeo board activities - feel free to add information, modify, as needed.
Photos from events and images from projects are also welcome.

We will do the final formatting and cleanup after all the information is collected.

And please sign up on wiki if you wish to speak at AGM

and/or if you would like to volunteer at the OSGeo booth

Thank you all - and we hope to see you in Boston at 2017.foss4g.org/ soon,

Helena

On Jul 21, 2017, at 12:49 PM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Professor at the Department of Marine,
Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
and Center for Geospatial Analytics
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208

Re: FOSS4G 2017 annual general meeting: call for project, chapters and committee brief reports

jody.garnett
Helena at the last board meeting we had a "director update" from each of those present - would it be worthwhile to include a slide for each of these updates in the AGM slides?

--
Jody Garnett

On 28 July 2017 at 12:05, Helena Mitasova <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

ph: <a href="tel:(919)%20513-1327" value="+19195131327" target="_blank">919-513-1327 (no voicemail)
fax <a href="tel:(919)%20515-7802" value="+19195157802" target="_blank">919 515-7802