FOSS4G 2011 WMS Shootout results coming soon?

FOSS4G 2011 WMS Shootout results coming soon?

Connors, Bernie (SNB)

Jeff,

                Please send a link to the group when the WMS benchmark results are released.

Thanks,

Bernie.

--

Bernie Connors, P.Eng

Manager – Spatial Data Infrastructure

Land Information Secretariat

Service New Brunswick

Tel: 506-444-2077 Fax: 506-453-3898

45°56'25.21"N, 66°38'53.65"W

[hidden email]

www.snb.ca/geonb/

Virtual meeting for OSGeo Atlantic Canada Chapter?

Connors, Bernie (SNB)

Since we seem to be having difficulty in selecting a date and location for a meeting why don’t we try a virtual meeting?  Does anybody have experience with any good, free tools for a virtual online meeting?  If we can arrange this I suggest a good topic would be the events of the recent FOSS4G conference in Denver.  Personally, I am always interested in the results of the WMS benchmarking.

Everybody: what are your thoughts on this?

Bernie.

--

Bernie Connors, P.Eng

Service New Brunswick

(506) 444-2077

45°56'25.21"N, 66°38'53.65"W

www.snb.ca/geonb/

Re: Virtual meeting for OSGeo Atlantic Canada Chapter?

Timothy Astle
I'd be interested in hearing anything interesting that happened in the OSGeo conference.

CARIS offered a facility and web conferencing in our first OSGeo Atlantic meeting.  CARIS uses GoToMeeting and WebEx (they're not free), but it is an option for those of us in the Fredericton area.

Tim

On 19/09/2011 2:02 PM, Connors, Bernie (SNB) wrote:

[...]

Timothy Astle, BCS
Web Development Manager

CARIS
115 Waggoners Lane
Fredericton, New Brunswick
Canada    E3B 2L4
Tel: +1.506.458.8533     Fax: +1.506.459.3849
www.caris.com

Join us for CARIS 2012 — Exploration and Discovery
June 25–28, 2012, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Visit www.caris.com/caris2012 for details today

Connect with CARIS
Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube

Download your free copy of CARIS Easy View today!
www.caris.com/easyview

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended only for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please notify us by email reply. You should not use, disclose, distribute or copy this communication if received in error.

Any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. No binding contract will result from this email until such time as a written document is signed on behalf of the company.

Re: Virtual meeting for OSGeo Atlantic Canada Chapter?

Sam Vekemans
Hi,
Google+ ''hangouts'' Might be an option to try out.

(think, 1970s TV show 'The Brady Bunch' with the 9 boxes all seeing eachother)

I havent tried it myself, but from what i hear, it does work well. As
long as everyone has a strong connection.

I'm going to be testing it out in the next few weeks, it makes it easy
to connect with people on it.

cheers,
Sam

On 9/19/11, Timothy Astle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'd be interested in hearing anything interesting that happened in the
> OSGeo conference.
>
> CARIS offered a facility and web conferencing in our first OSGeo
> Atlantic meeting.  CARIS uses GoToMeeting and WebEx (they're not free),
> but it is an option for those of us in the Fredericton area.
>

> Tim
>
> On 19/09/2011 2:02 PM, Connors, Bernie (SNB) wrote:
>>
>> Since we seem to be having difficulty in selecting a date and location
>> for a meeting why don't we try a virtual meeting?  Does anybody have
>> experience with any good, free tools for a virtual online meeting?  If
>> we can arrange this I suggest a good topic would be the events of the
>> recent FOSS4G conference in Denver.  Personally, I am always
>> interested in the results of the WMS benchmarking.
>>
>> Everybody: what are your thoughts on this?
>>
>> Bernie.
>>
>> --
>>
>> *Bernie Connors, P.Eng*
>>
>> Service New Brunswick
>>
>> (506) 444-2077
>>
>> 45°56'25.21"N, 66°38'53.65"W
>>
>> www.snb.ca/geonb/ <http://www.snb.ca/geonb/>

---
Across Canada Trails - Beyond 2017 - The National Trails Network
Victoria, BC Canada

Twitter: @Acrosscanada
Blog: http://acrosscanadatrails.posterous.com/
Skype: 'Sam Vekemans'

Member, CommonMap Inc.  http://commonmap.org/
IRC: irc://irc.oftc.net #CommonMap
Also find us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn

Re: Virtual meeting for OSGeo Atlantic Canada Chapter?

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi everyone,

I just arrived a few hours ago from FOSS4G (I was stuck in an airport
hotel due to mechanical problems)...so  I'll be digging out of email for
a while (and recharging!)...I'd love to start planning for a chapter
meeting with you all (virtual sounds fine to me).

Talk soon,

-jeff

On 11-09-19 2:02 PM, Connors, Bernie (SNB) wrote:
> Since we seem to be having difficulty in selecting a date and location
> for a meeting why don’t we try a virtual meeting?  Does anybody have
> experience with any good, free tools for a virtual online meeting?  If
> we can arrange this I suggest a good topic would be the events of the
> recent FOSS4G conference in Denver.  Personally, I am always interested
> in the results of the WMS benchmarking.
>
> Everybody: what are your thoughts on this?

Re: FOSS4G 2011 WMS Shootout results coming soon?

jmckenna
Administrator
On 11-09-19 1:53 PM, Connors, Bernie (SNB) wrote:
> Jeff,
>
>                  Please send a link to the group when the WMS benchmark
> results are released.

Hi Bernie,

Yes sorry about that - in fact since we had so many teams updating the
results (even minutes before we went in front of 900 people) we used
Google Docs this year to manage the presentation...great...but
afterwords we were unable to export it :)  Long story short, yesterday I
had to re-create the presentation locally...so finally we do have WMS
Benchmarking results for everyone to see :)

http://www.slideshare.net/gatewaygeomatics.com/wms-performance-shootout-2011/

or stored in SVN:

http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/benchmarking/wms/2011/presentation/

Thanks go to all of the teams involved, for so many improvements to
their software through this exercise.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna