FOSS GIS at AfricaGIS 2019

Gavin Fleming-4
Hi all

If you are attending AfricaGIS 2019 [1] in Kigali in November I encourage you to coordinate around presenting on and promoting QGIS and OSGeo / FOSS GIS in general and ensuring it has a strong presence.

Since EIS Africa, the organisers, (a nominally independent NGO) are now hosted / funded by ESRI SA the conference is at risk of being dominated by ESRI.

Gavin

South African Suburb Names with Extentions

Willem Badenhorst
Dear all

Can anybody perhaps help me?  I have the latest South African SG Cadastral layers which includes Allotment Areas, General Plans as well as tabular data of the Minor Regions.

What I need is the Suburb Name with its Extension (e.g. Faerie Glen Ext24).  The Allotment Areas only contain the main suburb name.  The General Plans only contain the General Plan number, but I can see that it is actually all the suburb extension's spatial extend.  As I understand it each General Plan has a "Suburb Name" attached to it, with the extension.  The Minor Regions table seems to also only include the Suburb name without the extension.

Is there perhaps a list with General Plan number with the suburb name (with extension)  attached?

Kind regards
Willem

Willem Badenhorst (Manager)

PLATO Professional GISc Practitioner, PGP1411

South African Planning Institute, 12578

Geo-Information Society of South Africa, YSXB­7391

Landuse Survey App

  Click Click Survey Done!

ScoutMaster is a Web Mapping and Land use Survey application integrating mapping, data visualisation and project collaboration for land use survey teams in South Africa.

Postnet Suite 402; Private Bag x025; Lynnwood Ridge; Pretoria; 0040; Gauteng

Cell: 082 467 5110  -  Fax: +27112527219  -  Skype: kwasimojo

www.mandalagis.com   Click to see map   Click to see StreetView

Disclaimer

This e-mail is intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received it in error please notify us immediately by return e-mail or by telephone +27 (0)82 467 5110 and delete the e-mail. You may not copy, distribute, disclose or take any action in reliance on it. While we take reasonable precautions to minimise the risk of an attachment containing computer viruses this possibility still exists. We cannot accept liability for any damage which you may sustain as a result of a software virus. We recommend that you carry out your own virus checks before opening an attachment. We do not accept responsibility for any amendments made to any attached documents without our approval. We do not accept responsibility for private or personal messages e-mailed from our domain.

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 4:05 PM Gavin Fleming <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all

If you are attending AfricaGIS 2019 [1] in Kigali in November I encourage you to coordinate around presenting on and promoting QGIS and OSGeo / FOSS GIS in general and ensuring it has a strong presence.

Since EIS Africa, the organisers, (a nominally independent NGO) are now hosted / funded by ESRI SA the conference is at risk of being dominated by ESRI.

Gavin

Re: South African Suburb Names with Extentions

Rob Anderson
Hi Willem,

The GP_text layer contains the name and the GP number usually as separate point features. You can join the GP boundaries to the text. Thereafter, start the fun of cleaning and checking to create a GP layer with the extension associated.

Regards

Rob

On Thu, 25 Jul 2019, 15:01 Willem Badenhorst, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Rahul Gawai
HI I CAN HELP YOU..JUST SHARE MORE INFORMATION TO MY MAIL ID.rahul,[hidden email]
+919665390982

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 5:01 PM Willem Badenhorst <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

System Analyst (GIS)
email: [hidden email]
mobile:+919665390982

facebook icon youtube icon linkedin icon