Excluding certain layer types from WMS...

Excluding certain layer types from WMS...

Steve Lime
Hi all: Currently it looks like layers with TYPE QUERY and TILEINDEX are output as regular WMS layers. Is that something we want? Kind of a pain since there's no way to explicitly exclude layers from WMS output (although perhaps I'm missing something).

Steve

Re: Excluding certain layer types from WMS...

Jeff McKenna-2
I'd agree with you on this one Steve.  For many clients who have an
application mapfile AND a serve-through-wms requirement for their data I
have to make a copy of the mapfile and remove certain layers that
shouldn't be served through WMS...I wish there was a magical
"wms_exclude_layers" metadata item that we could set.

-jeff

Steve Lime wrote:
> Hi all: Currently it looks like layers with TYPE QUERY and TILEINDEX are output as regular WMS layers. Is that something we want? Kind of a pain since there's no way to explicitly exclude layers from WMS output (although perhaps I'm missing something).
>
> Steve

Re: Excluding certain layer types from WMS...

Steve Lime
That's the beauty of having the source! This must have been talked about previously. I thought
there were some discussions relative to the use of the DUMP keyword. Will have to search the
archives and address for 5.2.

Steve

McKenna <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'd agree with you on this one Steve.  For many clients who have an
> application mapfile AND a serve-through-wms requirement for their data I
> have to make a copy of the mapfile and remove certain layers that
> shouldn't be served through WMS...I wish there was a magical
> "wms_exclude_layers" metadata item that we could set.
>
> -jeff
>

> Steve Lime wrote:
>> Hi all: Currently it looks like layers with TYPE QUERY and TILEINDEX are
> output as regular WMS layers. Is that something we want? Kind of a pain since
> there's no way to explicitly exclude layers from WMS output (although perhaps
> I'm missing something).
>>
>> Steve

Fwd: Excluding certain layer types from WMS...

Denis Nadeau

I have wrote some code to hide TILEINDEX from WMS layers last year.
I have bug 1952  for this.  I added a patch to the bug.

It works well here at NASA GES DISC.

http://g0hep12u.ecs.nasa.gov/mapserv-bin/wms_ogc?service=WMS&version=1.1.1&request=getcapabilities

Regards,
Denis